1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I have been to the Land of 56's...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:33 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Dave--c'mon--you want me to believe you had a girlfriend--LOL just kiddin'
I have been to ksmith's a bunch of times and he has a nice huge shop.
Now with the heated shop==he will never leave.....haha
Dave---we will have to scour the hills and valleys of Michigan to find them there parts!!! I am heading to Wisconsin border in a few weeks--maybe then. Bill
Hey Bill,
I think the operative word here was "HAD". That was 20 years ago when I thought I was gonna live forever.

Later Man...

Old 11-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Michigan Rick
Senior User
Bill/Dave.....Irv is the guys name. He's in Vestaburg Mich. He has about 1500 vehicles. You have to go and if he's in the mood he lets you in. His kid says he's crushing it all when dad is gone. Hilliards is the name. Bring some lunch and he might let you in. We always take vegies or??? and he says go for it. He is on oxygen so he isn't so great. He'll tell you a price and tell him what you'll pay and he usually agrees and lets you go get it with him or his kid watching.

LMK when you go I'll go along for the entertainment value.

My panel is a 54 ...sorry. 54michrick

My other buddy I'll ask if he wants buyers for his stuff. He saved a big whack of stuff and has just been sitting on it since repop fenders and doors came out. Heres one pic of a collection.

Welcome to the SOCP - Southern Ontario Classic Pickups serving the Classic Ford and Mercury Truck Enthusiast (1905-1966)

I was looking for the pics of his trucks for sale but coudn't find them. I'll keep looking.

Michigan Rick

Old 11-08-2008, 04:37 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Wow--is all I can say!! I am on lake Erie and not far from Ontario. Maybe Dave and I could chedule a trip.......that is a cool website and I put it on my favorites.
I thought I was a big-shot with all my trucks--and then you see these guys and wow--I aint nothing compared to you guys, and makes me want to add another building on my other property for a cool shop like the ones on the site. Mich Rick--you are ok in my book. I will give it a shot ,and see how it goes with your buddy. Thanks alot!! Bill

Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Michigan Rick
Bill/Dave.....Irv is the guys name. He's in Vestaburg Mich. He has about 1500 vehicles. You have to go and if he's in the mood he lets you in. His kid says he's crushing it all when dad is gone. Hilliards is the name. Bring some lunch and he might let you in. We always take vegies or??? and he says go for it. He is on oxygen so he isn't so great. He'll tell you a price and tell him what you'll pay and he usually agrees and lets you go get it with him or his kid watching.

LMK when you go I'll go along for the entertainment value.

My panel is a 54 ...sorry. 54michrick

My other buddy I'll ask if he wants buyers for his stuff. He saved a big whack of stuff and has just been sitting on it since repop fenders and doors came out. Heres one pic of a collection.

Welcome to the SOCP - Southern Ontario Classic Pickups serving the Classic Ford and Mercury Truck Enthusiast (1905-1966)

I was looking for the pics of his trucks for sale but coudn't find them. I'll keep looking.

Michigan Rick
Thanks Rick,
I appreciate the comeback. Maybe Bill and I can work something out.

Later Man...

Old 11-08-2008, 04:44 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Wow--is all I can say!! I am on lake Erie and not far from Ontario. Maybe Dave and I could chedule a trip....... Bill
Let me know if you want to go up there together. I think I'm game...

Later Man...

Old 11-08-2008, 04:53 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I will talk with Terri and see if I can go. She has to hand out the money--you know that!! LOL
I think we could fill up a trailer easily if Irv is in a good mood. I need alot of parts and need to get 2 56s done this year........Dave -here is Bill's no---the guy I bought 53 from and he said to send title and he has a notary and no problem-330-727-8482---he is a cool dude. Bill

Old 11-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Michigan Rick
Senior User
Bill......need your e-mail to pass it on.

Michigan Rick

Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Michigan Rick
Senior User
search Hilliards junk yard on jalopyjournal.com should find some pics.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
I will talk with Terri and see if I can go. She has to hand out the money--you know that!! LOL
I think we could fill up a trailer easily if Irv is in a good mood. I need alot of parts and need to get 2 56s done this year........Dave -here is Bill's no---the guy I bought 53 from and he said to send title and he has a notary and no problem-330-727-8482---he is a cool dude. Bill
OK Bill,
I will try and call him tomorrow. What trailer are we filling up???

Later Man...

Old 11-08-2008, 09:29 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill & Dave, I want to go along for the ride, hell I'll even be the driver!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ksmith203
Bill & Dave, I want to go along for the ride, hell I'll even be the driver!
Hmmm... Sounds like a plan is hatching. If it gets serious, go to my website for my phone number and call.

Later Man...

Old 11-09-2008, 09:21 AM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave I'm in. The best days for me to go are Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Bill where are you?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ksmith203
Dave I'm in. The best days for me to go are Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Bill where are you?
I'm cool with that. I'm retired and semi-self employed so I can go most anytime as long as I have a few days notice. I will PM you about details.

Later Man...

Old 11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I am not sure yet when to go.....go ahead and make plans and if I can doit--I will go....I have alot of doctors crap coming up.......I will get ahold of Dave and see when all is a go......Ksmith---welcome aboard---you will like Dave---he is real cool!! Bill

Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
I am not sure yet when to go.....go ahead and make plans and if I can doit--I will go....I have alot of doctors crap coming up.......I will get ahold of Dave and see when all is a go......Ksmith---welcome aboard---you will like Dave---he is real cool!! Bill

Well, Maybe kinda cool, in an old crudmudgeon kinda way.

I too have some Doctor crap. Between wrenching my back at HGR and then the loading and drive back from your place, I have already made one visit and I need to go back tomorrow. If I had any idea I was gonna live this long I would have taken better care of myself. Who knew???

Later Guys...

Quick Reply: I have been to the Land of 56's...