1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Mavericksgarage
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ive got a 1983 F350 looking for parts can you help
all the best
mark

Old 09-06-2014, 02:42 PM
scrogginslonnie
New User
Smile My introduction

Hello everyone, this is my first post as I just joined the site today. I have a 73 F350 Super Camper Special. It was originally a 360 4sp manual but now is powered by a 460 (bored 40 over) with 68 429 heads, headman longtube headers, edelbrock performer rpm intake and carb, with a mild custom ground cam, backed by a 78 C6 automatic. It was originally built to hall a large horse trailer. Now that I own it, it will be hauling a single horse (my 86 Mustang) to the local dragstrip. It may even find itself making a couple passes down the strip, cuz it is a powerhouse!

Old 09-06-2014, 03:32 PM
LuckyT
New User
Hello new member

Brand new to a forum lifestyle and FTE and diesels but Ill take any guidance I can get to use this forum process to full advantage. Is there a forum education page?

2005 F250 6.0 L 109k mostly stock but looking to keep it reliable.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:37 PM
ss74nova
Freshman User
Hi everybody. This is my first post to this site. When I search google about my truck this site always seemed like it has the best answers so I signed up after lurking here once in a while the past couple years. I have a 1975 F-250 Highboy with full time 4wd np203 transfer case, 460 engine with L&L headers ( I converted it from a 360 to a 460, used Auto Fab engine mounts they seem really heavy duty), c6 trans I rebuilt, 33x12.50 tires, origonal highboy height (no lift). I also converted the steering to a 1978 F-250 steering. Installed a 32 gallon Aero fuel tank behind the rear axle. In the future I'm also going to install a Dana 60 high pinion front axle & a np205 transfer case.
Thanks,
Tim

Old 09-07-2014, 01:44 PM
stormvet1
New User
Hello everyone. I have a 1979 F100 that is 95% restored. There are still lots of things left to do. Right now I'm in the middle of replacing the wheels, and trying to find information. I have found a set of American Racing Torque Trust 17x8's and was wondering fitment and tire size. I plan on lowering the truck sometime in the next year or so. But right now I am mainly looking to change the look from the old progressive steel wheels.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Jones75
New User
Hi all. I've frequented this site much in the past few months, but just registered. My dad and I recently purchased a 74 F250 and the users of this site have helped answer many questions I have had regarding our restoration. The truck we got has a fairly new 390 (yes, we checked the stroke) and the typical rusted out spots which we will repair properly. So far, in regards to mods, we have swapped the front axle to a high pinyon D60 with discs, added power steering, and put an Edelbrock Performer intake on the engine. We are currently getting the needed parts for an ignition upgrade to the Duraspark II. We have also stripped everything down to the frame and painted all of it with POR 15. This site is quite a resource for newbies!

Old 09-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Blabling0
New User
Howdy ALL!!

Have looked through this site many times over the years but never taken the time to join. So here goes for my first post and hopefully I'll figure out how to fully do all this fancy computer crap!!?? And then maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to have some of my issues solved and hopefully be able to help someone else out once in a while!

Old 09-08-2014, 05:25 AM
redford
Received 1,561 Likes on 909 Posts
Welcome to FTE everyone!

Old 09-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Lyle Achziger
New User

Hi. I'm Lyle and I have purchased a 1979 Ford F-150 recently and am working to restore it, not necessarily to 100% original. I occasionally have some questions that I can't resolve and I thought that this might be a forum on which I might get some assistance form other Ford enthusiasts. Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing what others are doing with these great old trucks. Lyle

Old 09-08-2014, 02:05 PM
marketingdesigner
New User
2008 Navigator / 2012 Feb FX4

New to the site. Looking for instructions to install remote start on the 08 Nav. Just ordered ford part # 9C3Z-19G364-A.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM
coalhog
New User
Speedometer swap

Can I put a digital speedometer in my 85 ford f150?

Old 09-08-2014, 08:19 PM
joncatron
New User
Just bought a 96 F150. V6 - manual. 101,000 miles. Everything was great until I drove away from the purchaser. When it reaches 50 mph, it has a horrible vibration and noise - felt like tires outta balance -- got new tires today. That didn't change a thing. I guess I'll need to pour through threads to find some answers, huh? Well, here we go with the adventures of a used truck.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:31 PM
kytop739
New User
KYTOP739 I am a proud 2nd owner of a 2003 f150 Heritage edition which I purchased in Feb of 2013 I didn't realize what I had until I got home from buying it and did some research. I am joining this site to try to talk to other ford owners and experts in an attempt to improve my trucks performance.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Rebeccaluvstrucks
New User
Hello all!! Glad to have found this forum I believe I will be a new resident here!
We purchased a 2005 Ford 350 Power stroke last year because we just fell in love with the size, power, and oooh just all of it!!! We felt so great driving this massive beast on the highway and since we get nasty winter weather in Ohio, it's gotten me to and from work on the worst days possible! It's a real heart throb for us! YET...it's had a few burps meaning within a year it started to make a jerky movement and lose power totally with a billow of black smoke...SCARY! Got it to a shop same day and was told it was some sort of sensor...Of course this baby did not show a thing wrong when it arrived at the shop after the tow. Well, it started doing it again a few weeks ago then picked right up and went on down the road like nothing..bad fuel? So parked it as it is not our main transportation then this past weekend drove it about 100 miles and parked it. When started it back up massive billows of thick white smoke that appears like pure white clouds, no odor at all...just continues to pour out of it!!! WOW!!! It did seem to be a bit low on coolant so we topped it off and that did nothing...So here we are...wondering what on earth did we do wrong??? Just love this big beast and now in tears...The shop that towed it in said it's got a bad EDP valve and are quoting $4,200 for the repair job and some discussion about this is the major problem with this model and year...they are saying they can replace something and some other things..but now they are on vacation for a week. We cannot get a real answer on the diagnosis. Mind you this is a 'junk yard/used car dealer/repair shop combo that is family run...The closest thing we have to fix it other than haul it to a dealer...So, with that all blabbed out on you all, I would love any suggestions, or questions that would lead us to feel better about what is a good thing to do. THANKS ALL!!!

Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
hodge5
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rebeccaluvstrucks
Hello all!! Glad to have found this forum I believe I will be a new resident here!
We purchased a 2005 Ford 350 Power stroke last year because we just fell in love with the size, power, and oooh just all of it!!! We felt so great driving this massive beast on the highway and since we get nasty winter weather in Ohio, it's gotten me to and from work on the worst days possible! It's a real heart throb for us! YET...it's had a few burps meaning within a year it started to make a jerky movement and lose power totally with a billow of black smoke...SCARY! Got it to a shop same day and was told it was some sort of sensor...Of course this baby did not show a thing wrong when it arrived at the shop after the tow. Well, it started doing it again a few weeks ago then picked right up and went on down the road like nothing..bad fuel? So parked it as it is not our main transportation then this past weekend drove it about 100 miles and parked it. When started it back up massive billows of thick white smoke that appears like pure white clouds, no odor at all...just continues to pour out of it!!! WOW!!! It did seem to be a bit low on coolant so we topped it off and that did nothing...So here we are...wondering what on earth did we do wrong??? Just love this big beast and now in tears...The shop that towed it in said it's got a bad EDP valve and are quoting $4,200 for the repair job and some discussion about this is the major problem with this model and year...they are saying they can replace something and some other things..but now they are on vacation for a week. We cannot get a real answer on the diagnosis. Mind you this is a 'junk yard/used car dealer/repair shop combo that is family run...The closest thing we have to fix it other than haul it to a dealer...So, with that all blabbed out on you all, I would love any suggestions, or questions that would lead us to feel better about what is a good thing to do. THANKS ALL!!!
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your issues- my suggestion would be to step back for a minute, get a better understanding of your truck and the issues that surround the 6.0- post your questions in a new thread in the super duty section, so that the most members will see it, and study away here using past threads. Then, I would say steer clear of that "junk yard/used car dealer/repair shop" and find an experienced diesel mechanic. They may be able to repair your truck; an experienced mechanic, especially if they are well versed in the Ford 6.0, will give you a better job and possibly cost less in the long run.

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)