Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else screw up like this before?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
triskit16
Postmaster
triskit16 has a very good reputation on FTE.triskit16 has a very good reputation on FTE.triskit16 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Question Anyone else screw up like this before?

I was just outside about to clean up my EBPS and tube...when the crow foot wrench popped off the extension and fell in the ONLY place I didnt have something stuffed to prevent parts from falling....the water pump pulley. It fell IN the pulley on the back side between the pulley and the block. I dont have the smallest hands in the world either. Spent the last hour in pretty much complete darkness taking belt off and spinning the fan to try and get wrench out and it finally came out enough for me to reach!

Anyone else have a near screw up like this before?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
rbaker6336
Post Fiend
rbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to beholdrbaker6336 is a splendid one to behold
I done it also ,don't quite remember how i retrieved it though

Old 10-28-2008, 05:59 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
hucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to all
Yep, I've done it too.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Flatdeck
Senior User
Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Buddy and I were doing something to his 1994 F-350; can't remember what it was, but we dropped a small bolt down the rad support somewhere and spent some time fishing around trying to find/reach it. But our hands were just too big. So after after sweating in the sun for a bit and cursing, we called his 11-year-old over, and said "Hey, we dropped a bolt down that hole, see if you can reach it." He stuck his hand in, pulled it out, and said "This bolt?" lol

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Flatdeck View Post
Buddy and I were doing something to his 1994 F-350; can't remember what it was, but we dropped a small bolt down the rad support somewhere and spent some time fishing around trying to find/reach it. But our hands were just too big. So after after sweating in the sun for a bit and cursing, we called his 11-year-old over, and said "Hey, we dropped a bolt down that hole, see if you can reach it." He stuck his hand in, pulled it out, and said "This bolt?" lol
This sounds way tooo familure to me!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flatdeck View Post
So moral of the story, keep an 11 year old around with small hands...

I've dropped so much stuff in car engine bays and the first thing I listen for is the metallic "tinkle" on the ground. Then I know were it landed. If I don't hear that, it's oh no time.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
triskit16
Postmaster
triskit16 has a very good reputation on FTE.triskit16 has a very good reputation on FTE.triskit16 has a very good reputation on FTE.
That sounds like me and my 1st CPS experience. Had to call one of my smaller boned friends to install it. I could get it out but couldnt get at it to reinstall it! Glad im not the only one whos done something like this! Definitely a first in a pulley for me!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
This is why I always keep some metal coat hangers or insulation rods in my tool box. The make great part retrival tools.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
I finally got my 7/16" deep socket out from under my turbo last weekend. . I know what you mean. Did that, done that.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
Come to think of it, my engine valley still has one of the GPR nuts in it.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:24 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
danskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to behold
I just spent the last hour trying to find my needle valve spring for my snow blower carb. While installing it went "boing" Lots of leaves,car,my truck,fire wood, wood chips all over the garage floor. On top of it the dang dog wanted me to through her frizby so she was thrashing around(throw it dad throw it) And believe it or not, My 12v dewalt flash light and me crawling around on my hands and knees, Found the fricken thing.. Tiny. Like a pen spring but smaller. Snow blower runs like a champ now and ready for snow.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
triskit16
Postmaster
I dont know why I didnt think of the metal coat hanger deal. I used to use them religiously pulling wire through door boots (before I could afford a good fishtape). I think the metal ones are getting scarce in my household!

The only thing I have in my engine valley is 8 years of gunk from a non modded CCV...will change this weekend though!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
I lost a map sensor screw just recently when i took out the IC pipes for painting. I looked all over to no avail. Put another in that was close to that size. More things are dropping as the years go bye.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:35 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
danskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris View Post
Come to think of it, my engine valley still has one of the GPR nuts in it.
I got one of those Gpr Nuts in my valley also. Those extension magnets work well, sometimes. Have two or three of them on my tool box.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
indyF-350psd
you can't fix stupid!
indyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to beholdindyF-350psd is a splendid one to behold
i just lost a deep well 1/2" socket down the front end by the i/c and radiator. looked for it for about 45 minutes and still havent found it......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else screw up like this before?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.