Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Front end to early 99 SD

Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 PM
craziejoker
Senior User
craziejoker is starting off with a positive reputation.
03 Front end to early 99 SD

Alright, just wondering if anyone here has had any luck changing the whole front end assembly off a 03 super duty to an early 99? I got a line on one and I checked my interchange and it will work,the front end assembly is the same,the hubs i know are different. Any ideas? Any problems i dont see?
thanks

Old 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
superduty4x4
Post Fiend
superduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud of
You want to swap the whole axle? Yes it can be done, but you'll also need the track bar bracket and track bar.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
craziejoker
Senior User
craziejoker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I figure it will be easier to change the whole thing,as I grabbed the whole assembly from the yard and will just bolt it in.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:48 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by craziejoker View Post
I figure it will be easier to change the whole thing,as I grabbed the whole assembly from the yard and will just bolt it in.
If the swaybar from the 03 bolts up to the early 99 axle housing then that won't be a problem. Just something to consider. O3 has slightly larger swaybar. The rotors and calipers on the early 99 are also different I do believe. Only bringing this up in case there is a problem swapping the 03 rotors and calipers to the 99 axle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.