The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

How many of you have the country life?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Dean88
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in a very small town only 1300 people or so, and the next big town over (15 minutes) is a whoppin 12,000 people. And yes, my town has a grain elevator. I live on a small horse ranch (24 head at any time), and I work as a ranch hand on a 25 section ranch after school and on weekends. My school has a whooping 200 students K-12.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
4020FarmBoy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lived on a farm my whole life here in Granville, OH. Parents raise meat goats, I grow hay on my grandmas farm, and we have 300+ acres rented out that I plan on farming with my brother after college. We also work on a sheep and hay farm that we will be partners in after college.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:12 PM
bwyer09
Junior User
I live the country life. Live on a farm. 300+ acres. I raise hogs, my dad raises cows. Drive a Ford truck wherever and however I want. Work at a lumber yard. Less than 500 people in our town's city limits. And we have one of those stereotypical country get aways where we can drink beer, crank music, pretty much do whatever the hell we want. I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:08 PM
joshc_guitar
Senior User
I live in a small town called Royse City about 30mi east of Dallas. Its growin' pretty rapid though. I drive an '01 Lightning and most of the miles I put on it are highway.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 PM
cipsmithers
Senior User
I live a few miles out of a town of 13000 in south west Washington. But once you get out of city limits, up by my house, its like you are in BFE, Montana. Its funny because i go to a school of 2000 and there are more trucks than anything else. Us so called "Dumb hicks" come out of the hills and fill half the school. All the gangsters and wangsters hondas with 8" exhaust are out numbered in a sea of 35"s and 8' cb antennas

Old 11-29-2008, 08:15 AM
purecountry
Senior User
I grew up in a neighborhood of about 30 people on a back road in the mountains. My high scholl class was 42, 1 1/2 from anywhere with a redlight. Grew up on 300 to 350 acres of woods and fields. And I loved every second of it. Now im in the Marines, bouncing all over the place. I love going back home on leave though greatest thing on earth

Old 12-07-2008, 12:33 AM
CountryBoy 4x4
New User
Live on a farm in South Georgia, the city I live is 20 miles away. We grow all kinds of crops, corn, collards, mustard, watermelons, peppers, tomatoes, eggplants and and a lot of other stuff. Raise bunches of chickens, ducks, geese, guineas, dogs and cats. I love to fish, we got two ponds. Fun to go wheelin, specially after it rains. Love the life where you are real close to your neighbors and you got strong family roots.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
I have most of my life lived in the country.
I grew up on an acreage, and thought all kids had snowmobiles and motorbikes by age 6.
I knew how to drive my dads old dodge power ram truck with 4 speed manual, by age 9.

I used to ride my dirt bike out the 5 miles or so to the "fish'n hole" all the time and meet my pals there to swim and fish all summer.
And we snowmobiled all winter.

I hate traffic, and busy malls etc.

A log fire heating my home, as I hear the birds call while drinking coffee on the deck, thats real living to me.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Iversen-fords
Elder User
Well I kind of grew up in the city. I went to school in Eastern South Dakota with about 10,000 people in the town and about 750 or so kids in the High school. During the summer I would pack up about everything i owned and go to Western SD to go work on the my dads ranch. The town has about 800 people in it and about 1200 or so in the whole county. The school K-12 has about 200 or so kids.

The main reason I stayed with my mom was because of the education and activities they offered compared to the smaller school. Out where my dad lives, we lived 8 miles from town. I guess the town is right on I-90 so we see alot of tourist B.S. In that town we buy are beer at the truck stop, have more bars than churches, don't have a stop light, and we know how to party.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:13 AM
AspenF150
Senior User
Sitting on 35 acres here, no farm. Wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world, love it!

Old 12-20-2008, 05:54 PM
tbirdscott
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saleenguy where in B.C. are you? I'm In Willow River (pop 300), about 50km from Prince George (pop 75,000) I grew up out here from age 9 and love it. Everyone pretty much minds their own business and I can ATV/snowmobile 30 mins from my driveway to some great hills and trails (and the ride there is awesome too) One store/gas station/post office/liquor store. I never lock my vehicles in the yard and rarely lock the house door though my gf usually does every time we leave, typical city girl

You wouldnt catch me livin in the city again, we bought our house about 2.5 years ago and we plan on staying here until theres too many 'city people' around then we'll head farther north!

Scott

Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tbirdscott
Saleenguy where in B.C. are you? I'm In Willow River (pop 300), about 50km from Prince George (pop 75,000) I grew up out here from age 9 and love it. Everyone pretty much minds their own business and I can ATV/snowmobile 30 mins from my driveway to some great hills and trails (and the ride there is awesome too) One store/gas station/post office/liquor store. I never lock my vehicles in the yard and rarely lock the house door though my gf usually does every time we leave, typical city girl

You wouldnt catch me livin in the city again, we bought our house about 2.5 years ago and we plan on staying here until theres too many 'city people' around then we'll head farther north!

Scott
We are just north of Kamloops about 15 kms.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Caleb1
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
im 21. I was never raised on a farm although i do love working on them. I used to live in a county without any stoplights in Carrabelle Fl. but it was the nastiest place we ever lived, We have lived in jackson County Fl. for 3 years and it feels like home. people welcom eyou with open arms, very little racism. noone care who you are. go to the walmart parkin lot and you will seee the guys with cowboy hats boot and big trucks talking to black guys in caddillacs and baggy jean wearin honda drivers with the fart can mufflers and the greate sthing is THEY ARE ALL FRIENDS! I love it. but anyway, yeah i love drivin round in an old truck lookin for a new good fishin hole blarin haggard and david allan coe, or sittin round a campfire with a couple close friends drinkin beer with skynrd, or cash, colt ford turned up loud. And we love to hit the dirt roads after it rains!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Scolesy8
Senior User
"The real question up here as far as whether or not a town is a town, is: Does it have a grain elevator?"

"Country life is too much to explain. I could go on forever, I dont have to worry if I forget to lock the doors, nice and quiet, everyone knows everyone, all the privacy you could ever want, etc."

Im pretty well the same way as everybody else here. there aint a small town around here without an elevator. live in NW ohio and its the best thing thats ever happened to me. my whole HS is made of 4 towns or so (biggest school district in county) and have bout the smallest school in the county with almost 200 students.

The people who run our school are us FFA boys, happy to say im president this year, and if you want others to respect you, you drive a truck and have loud pipes, thats pretty much everybodies mind set at my school.

drove a tractor since i could walk, and farmin is one of those things that nobody could ever take away from me

Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Pure country ....some cut and paste info:
Juniata County, Beale township, Pennsylvania:
.Juniata County:
Land area: 392 sq. mi.
Water area: 2.0 sq. mi.
Population density: 59 people per square mile
2008 cost of living index in Juniata County: 86.8 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)

Beale township:
As of the census of 2000, there were 726 people, 254 households, and 205 families residing in the township. The population density was 33.2 people per square mile.

Trivia:
Academia Pomeroy covered bridge at 278 feet [portal to portal] is the longest remaining covered bridge in Pennsylvania, crossing the Tuscarora Creek between Spruce Hill and Beale Townships. Owned by the Juniata County Historical Society, Mifflintown, PA since 1962, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Unless we go to town (12 miles) we sometimes don't see a soul for a week or more........

Quick Reply: How many of you have the country life?