2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a deal on a new 08?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 PM
billy150
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone got a deal on a new 08?

Just wondering if anyone has got a sweet deal on a 08? At local dealer this weekend to see whats on their lot (not much, maybe 6-10) and they had a stripped down rclb v-6 stick for $9987 with rebates and fmcc financing and an additional $2000 off if returning a ford-lincoln-merc lease. Not to bad, I paid $8600 out the door for my 92 ranger. Call me whipped, but the wife sayes NO!!!!!! Shes right though, not in the market for another payment right now. Always a day late and a $1 short.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 AM
JDSTX
New User
I'm happy with the deal I got about a month back on my '08 STX. Employee pricing had ended by then and 1 salesman didn't really want to work with me on price, but a few days later the internet salesman for the same dealer contacted me and got the price back down to where it was with employee pricing. Kinda pissed off the 1st salesman!
Don't know if I got the greatest deal in the land, but I'm happy with it.

Now if I can just get my '92 F-150 sold.....

Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 AM
xc7edge
New User
Call Ed Kowen Ford in Greenville Mi ask for Mark. He will get you the best deal. With great sevice.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xc7edge
Call Ed Kowen Ford in Greenville Mi ask for Mark. He will get you the best deal. With great sevice.
I'm guessing you're Mark?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Bought an '08 F-150 4WD XLT pretty much loaded in August when the Employee Pricing was just getting over. But I wanted the Stone Green color, and remote start, as well as a few other options. My dealer located one for me at list of $37,879. With all the rebates and incentives, and with $12000 trade, I paid just under $12000. The dealer threw in a Ford bedliner, and the first few oil changes. Great dealer.....this is our 5th vehicle from them. Not a big dealer, but an honest one!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Dazz
Senior User
I cannot imagine anyone these days not being able to negotiate a sweet deal. One hold back may be the trade in. Trade ins are not moving so the dealer has to eat some if he takes your trade. But if you have 700+ credit rating or cash to add to the trade in, or no trade in at all, the Dealer will bend over with a smile to move a unit. Don't be afraid to say no to the first few offers.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM
lennie400ex
Freshman User
hay I got my truck for 29300 it was 34460 I think I got a good deal it supercrew xlt 5.4 4x4

Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Dazz
Senior User
Blythe? Did you get Air Conditioning?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
lennie400ex
Freshman User
hell yes and it works dam good I got it in aug 4 it was 105 out side

Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Dazz
Senior User
Originally Posted by lennie400ex
hell yes and it works dam good I got it in aug 4 it was 105 out side
105? Fairly normal. I used to run my buggy at Glamis.

Many Ford owners complain about poor A/C temp at the vents. I suspect the tubes heat up when the rig is parked and it takes a long while for the A/C to cool the hot vent tubes. While your rig is still in warranty complain to the Dealer that the A/C inside the vents reads 61 degrees (or whatever number you choose). With the warranty the Dealer will check out the A/C system. I did the squawk method and my Dealer put in the colored fluid to look for leaks, replaced two "O" rings, and put in a can of freon. That lowed my in-vent temp by some 10 degrees. Use a pocket size pro-temp guage (quarter size circular pancake guage with spear probe) to measure inside the A/C vents.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:45 AM
xc7edge
New User
Hey soundwave, No I am not Mark. I was just telling people where I got a sweet deal. I went to two other dealers and nothing like I got there. It is a good dealership with great service. Thanks

Old 10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xc7edge
Hey soundwave, No I am not Mark. I was just telling people where I got a sweet deal. I went to two other dealers and nothing like I got there. It is a good dealership with great service. Thanks
Ok just checking, lol!

While we are on the subject, how do you know when to fold 'em, and when to walk away when dealing with a dealer? You can go in and say "Ill give you x amount of $$ for a truck" and if the dealer says "no", do you walk and chance losing the truck to someone else? Or do you stay there and haggle the price?

Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Dazz
Senior User
Originally Posted by soundwave
Ok just checking, lol!

While we are on the subject, how do you know when to fold 'em, and when to walk away when dealing with a dealer? You can go in and say "Ill give you x amount of $$ for a truck" and if the dealer says "no", do you walk and chance losing the truck to someone else? Or do you stay there and haggle the price?
You can walk away as many times as you wish. But if you return to close the deal at the Dealer's last offered price they will sell it to you for that price.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by soundwave
Ok just checking, lol!

They will pretty much always refuse any offer that's not advertised or on the window. You should make what you consider to be a reasonable offer and walk away. They will call. Realistically, it should take you over a week to buy a car and get a good deal. The sticker on mine was $42K and I got them down to $27.9K out the door (includes TTL). The deal involved several area dealers and over a week of haggling.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Dazz
Senior User
Originally Posted by bridge
They will pretty much always refuse any offer that's not advertised or on the window. You should make what you consider to be a reasonable offer and walk away. They will call. Realistically, it should take you over a week to buy a car and get a good deal. The sticker on mine was $42K and I got them down to $27.9K out the door (includes TTL). The deal involved several area dealers and over a week of haggling.
I certainly believe you. The way Dealers are going under or the water is up to their lips they are willing to move a unit for any price where the buyer can support payments, do a trade plus cash, or pay cash. A few hundred dollars profit is better for the Dealership owner rather than having the unit sit and hope a better deal falls from the sky. Too, the Salesmen have to be kept upbeat and they having to live by commission gives the Dealership incentive to move a unit to keep his salesforce eating and returning to work. ~~~ The worm has turned. It is now the public who has the upper handle over the Dealerships.

I recall in 1993 a Salesmen made me an offer and would not even take his feet off his desk when I countered. He told me to go look somewhere else as Dealerships draw customer selected units from other Dealerships, and if I went somewhere else that his Dealership would possibly be touched to provide my preferred unit to another Dealer if I found a lower price.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a deal on a new 08?