Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

We got any hunters?

Old 10-05-2008, 06:16 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We got any hunters?

well tis the season for the rifles to break out.... we got anymore hunters in here?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
I used to hunt all the time, got my legal limit for many years, now I'm not so pissed at the deer, I might take one every now and then. I didn't re-join the camp this year mainly because of the gas prices. I figured it would take at least a couple hundred extra dollars this season just to go back and forth to the camp, I figured I could put that into my truck to help with the restoration costs. Besides, I hope my stepson will supply us with venison this year, heck, just a couple weeks ago he brought us a mess of bass filets. I doesn't get any better than that.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Layed Out 100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every chance I get,Bow hunt at home but I take the rifle on trips....Leaving for a Kentucky hunt in a few weeks!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I hunt just didnt get back on the club this year. I need to find some where else to hunt. I am ready for duck season though. We have some really good places to duck hunt.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:36 AM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rbloodhound
I hunt just didnt get back on the club this year. I need to find some where else to hunt. I am ready for duck season though. We have some really good places to duck hunt.
i may have to take a vacation down your way... i love me some duck huntin

Old 11-05-2008, 06:19 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
Steve, I got a big ole doe right here behind the house just waiting to be harvested, she ought to be, she ate up my garden this summer, guess I'll wait on gun season.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
BarryMc
Posting Guru
My daughter called me Sunday, she said Dad, I just killed two deer with one shot! I just about fell out! I used to take her to the camp when she was younger, she's 19 now. This was the first deer she's ever shot at as she never wanted to shoot the gun when she was younger. She was hunting with her boyfriend when 2 doe came into shooting range, she finally got the cross-hairs of the scope leveled on the deer and shot, the first deer fell in it's tracks and the second one staggered a few feet then fell over. She wasn't trying to shoot two deer, she was just concentrating on the first deer and just so happens the two deer got lined up and the 50 cal. muzzle loaders shot went through both deer. Heck of a thing to happen on a first deer. She's fired up now, she can't wait to get back to the woods.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 AM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
Well barry those kinda hunts always get you fired up for another one. Tell her to start video taping it thats what we do and we have a video of turkey hunting that i had to run and chase down the turkey... you never know what your gonna see huntin! you tell her i said congrats!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:38 PM
glb.thehammer
Junior User
Do some huntin down here. Got a doe during primative season, although a 45/70 ain't exacly a real primative weapon. Got the meat and now I can let the little ones pass by. Lookin to bag that 10 point I saw last year.

Good luck to all of you hunters out there and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Keepin The Hammer Down.

Search this Thread