happyhour
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pic of the oil feed

Old 10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
happyhour
New User
this is a pic from last year when I burned it down it was more or less my error then it being the setups error, -20 degrees out scavenge pump iced up put a little oil into the charge tube forgot about it that night took off from work without cleaning the maf out so there was bunch of oil on the maf sensor and real cold temps and a very very heavy foot that night made some nice paperweights for my desk. as far as the smaller injectors go you can try them but I think you will need to bump up the static press. on the rail to make them work not for sure what that will do to your idle might be rough don't know for sure on that . and I think you will be higher than 80 on the duty cycle on the smaller injectors not sure how much pressure you can run on the stock injectors until they lockup something to look into as far as wiring in the old style injector to the new style injector plug you can either go out to a junk yard and take them off of mustang or you could buy the adapter plug I think they run $80.00 for ten of them and they simply just plug in. When I had the truck on the dyno last year with the stock internals I think it made 383 hp 585 ft-lbs at 7 lbs of boost, but since rebuilding it this last spring I haven't had time to put it back onto the dyno I like to see what 15 20 lbs will make on the dyno should be a fun day.another thing if your running a manual like me you will def. need a diff. clutch I could smoke the stock clutch real easy I went to clutch masters they set me up good and havent had problem since. I would shoot for afr of 10.5 10.2 on the stock pistons real rich but the extra fuel will help with cylinder temps as well almost forgot I am from south dakota.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Heavy_Metal
Elder User
Old 10-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Heavy_Metal
Elder User
1999 V10 fuel system returnless or not?

Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 AM
happyhour
New User
to answer both questions I am 99.9% sure that you have a return line you can simply check it your self the fuel comes into the rails to both banks and feeds from rear to front and returns to the back here is what it looks like

Old 10-30-2008, 01:12 AM
happyhour
New User
another angle of the fuel rail

Old 10-30-2008, 01:25 AM
happyhour
New User
here is the specs on the boosta pump and I would mount it inside the cab so that no moisture can get at it

Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump

Kenne Bell Boost A Pump [BAP40amp] - $248.00 : Lightning Force Performance

Old 10-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Heavy_Metal
Elder User
Thank you very much for everything. Are you running a different type of fuel pressure regulator?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
meanv10
Elder User
happy hour, how much do you have into that project? before blowing it up and after? That thing is sweet!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Skoda
happy hour- your oil feed "T" might be something to look after, they have been known to break off flush with the block under heavy vibrations.
Might want to do something like this:

Old 10-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal

I think we all may be doing something wrong or bypassing something here or I am just confused. From what I've read; The ECM controls fuel pump output by readings it gets from MAF, TPS, O2 and the rate is determined by injector pulse width. Considering the pump is adequate (enough pressure+volume) for turbo use, and you have appropriate sized injectors, shouldn't you just have to scale the MAF so it wouldn't max out under boost, adjust fuel pressure (which the comp will do if your MAF and Inj. pulse width is correct) and adjust pulse width to keep your A/F ratio in the appropriate range?

Can some one explain this to me?
in open loop you are correct(might be too rich might be too lean in some situations and max out the table like you stated,to fix it you'll need to change the values on the table or trick the pcm) but as soon as the engine goes into closed loop is were your troubles will start, The compter will stay as close as possible to 14.7 fine under some conditions but horrid in others, remeber were making more power across the power band which needs more fuel so we need a richer mixture for all that air under preasure, an A/F of 13 might do it but I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the neighbor hood of 12.5 to 12.2 A/F for max power at peak boost if not lower.

Alright so now we want to drop the ratio under boost, how do we do it? From what I've read computer tune, or we trick the computer, first thing one would think is to raise the fuel preasure, not going to work at first because the O2 sensor will sorten the next pulse to be dead on as possible to 14.7A/F from the raised fuel psi that was sqeezed thrugh the injectors the cycle before. So how do we win?

All is not lost with the raised fuel psi Idea will just have to work around the O2 sensor, alright lets disconnect the O2 sensor at a given load or boost and at the same time raise the fuel psi what we get? a richer mixture but note I don't know how the ford pcm reacts to the O2 sensor disconnected, if were lucky like many others it will jump back to the open loop table, and the pcm won't even know it go the extra fuel. If were not lucky the truck will go into limp home mode

Of course there are many ideas as to how to work around the O2 sensor but they require knowledge in electronics.

If I'am wrong anywere along this post please correct me, I'am learning as well.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Heavy_Metal
Elder User
I have a Diablo tuner that allows you to enrichen or lean the mix, you can also increase or decrease pulse width. I'm thinking this is the way around the O2 prob.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by Heavy_Metal
I have a Diablo tuner that allows you to enrichen or lean the mix, I'm thinking this is the way around the O2 prob.
Wish my tuner had that option

Did you happen to plot the compresor map of your turbo?
Any up dates from the flange mock up?
Have you decided on a BOV setup?

Quick Reply: I'm back, and with turbo.