6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Customer Satisfaction Program 08B07 On Hold For New Updating By Ford:

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM
F250Wheels
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the new flash on hold? Or did A dealer just give someone the run around?

Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
well got mine done and 21 mpgs...does seem to have more pep.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 PM
pilotshot
Senior User
I began this thread with the CSP 08B07 PCM reflash as being on HOLD by Ford. I just checked with our Ford dealer and the CSP 08B07 is still on hold. The hold message was reissued this morning by Ford reminding dealers not to install the CSP 09B07 until it data is changed. The service writer indicated that the update does not give satisfactory results.

She also mentioned that a 6.4PSD was updated just after the CSP 08B07 was issued and the PCM was destroyed and that had to be replaced. I do not have any paper work to back up the reasons for the hold on CSP08B07 but she would advise me when the hold by Ford is lifted. I am going to wait until Ford gives the ok as I am happy with my truck's PCM.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:06 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotshot
I began this thread with the CSP 08B07 PCM reflash as being on HOLD by Ford. I just checked with our Ford dealer and the CSP 08B07 is still on hold. The hold message was reissued this morning by Ford reminding dealers not to install the CSP 09B07 until it data is changed. The service writer indicated that the update does not give satisfactory results.

She also mentioned that a 6.4PSD was updated just after the CSP 08B07 was issued and the PCM was destroyed and that had to be replaced. I do not have any paper work to back up the reasons for the hold on CSP08B07 but she would advise me when the hold by Ford is lifted. I am going to wait until Ford gives the ok as I am happy with my truck's PCM.
You would not happen to know the Ford bulletin number would you? I have not been able to come up with the information that your dealer is providing you...

Old 10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
pilotshot
Senior User
PowerStoke HD

I will be at dealership tomorrow and I will see if I can connect some Ford paper work to the hold on the CSP 08B07 update. The only thing that is different at the moment is that my truck was built to Canadian standards. The CSP 08B07 was issued by Ford of Canada but as you know the recall is also in the USA.

I will post once I get the paper work info.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
boulderbronco
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
A little update for yall. I don't notice any difference in the way it drives. But I am now down to the mid 16's on the MPG guage. Still better than 13 but like I said I was up at 19+ for the first 30 miles out of the dealer. Weird.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM
DieselWhisperer
Senior User
I got mine done earlier today and I did ask about the hold and my dealership had not heard about it. The diesel mechanic said he done 2 more before mine today. I got to watch because he did it outside and I was a little nervous when he had to reboot Windows to get it to work and then noticed everything was done by a wireless conncetion. He got about half way through and the computer said it lost communication with my truck, another service guy came by when it happened and said don't try to start over or they'll have to order a new PCM for my truck!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DieselWhisperer
I got mine done earlier today and I did ask about the hold and my dealership had not heard about it. The diesel mechanic said he done 2 more before mine today. I got to watch because he did it outside and I was a little nervous when he had to reboot Windows to get it to work and then noticed everything was done by a wireless conncetion. He got about half way through and the computer said it lost communication with my truck, another service guy came by when it happened and said don't try to start over or they'll have to order a new PCM for my truck!
Good call by the second service tech as he was absolutely correct. Had they screwed up the PCM it would have come out of the dealers pocket as Ford has already warned dealers about this and have told them it is not covered under warranty...

Old 10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if any of the download problems are from trucks that ran programmers? Anyone with a programmer have this done yet? If Ford really can tell there was a programmer I would assume this is the type situation that would reveal it.

Just guessing here - it sounds like a lot of people are claiming better MPG at first but then it drops back down. This is probably because everything was reset and just like the miles to empty, it takes a few miles to be accurate again.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 PM
DieselWhisperer
Senior User
I did reset my MPG thingy when I left the dealer and by the time I got home (about 40 miles) it settled in around the 13's like it was before I left home today. The 40 miles is all 2 lane mountain roads. It may have just been my imagination, but the truck did feel a little stronger and the transmission shifts were more noticable. The shifts felt firmer and more defined, sorta like going through the gears on a manual. I've got a road trip planned up to Statesville, NC for Sunday so maybe I can get a better feel for it. Maybe even catch a regen!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Jay2008
Freshman User
[quote=caprang;6681770]I wonder if any of the download problems are from trucks that ran programmers? Anyone with a programmer have this done yet? If Ford really can tell there was a programmer I would assume this is the type situation that would reveal it.

My truck is "normally" Spartan tuned and I have it in the shop for other warranty work and I'm picking it up in the morning. The service advisor said that it took the update fine. We'll see if any improvements come from it.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
pilotshot's dealer had good information, but it did not become official till today...

08B07 Temporary Suspension...

Click-Here

Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
caprang
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Pilotshot and PowerstrokeHD!!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:10 PM
pilotshot
Senior User
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
pilotshot's dealer had good information, but it did not become official till today...

08B07 Temporary Suspension...

Click-Here
When I created this thread initially I did not have much paperwork too support the Hold message for the CSP 08B07, however I felt that the update could be very troublesome in some cases so I created the Hold thread. Late yesterday I was able to get the CSP 08B07 Hold paper work from Ford but thanks to PowerStrokeHD he was able to find it also after extensive searching in Canada and USA world of Ford.

I thank everyone for not jumping on me as it initially appeared that I was jumping the gun with suspect info. I hope I saved some of you the potential problem until Ford got the 24 October message out to the dealerships to put the 08B07 Update on hold pending Ford to define the root problem.

Times like this makes me appreciate the purpose of the forum so we can be in the know and can enjoy our great Ford 6.4 PSD's. Pilotshot

Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotshot
When I created this thread initially I did not have much paperwork too support the Hold message for the CSP 08B07, however I felt that the update could be very troublesome in some cases so I created the Hold thread. Late yesterday I was able to get the CSP 08B07 Hold paper work from Ford but thanks to PowerStrokeHD he was able to find it also after extensive searching in Canada and USA world of Ford.

I thank everyone for not jumping on me as it initially appeared that I was jumping the gun with suspect info. I hope I saved some of you the potential problem until Ford got the 24 October message out to the dealerships to put the 08B07 Update on hold pending Ford to define the root problem.

Times like this makes me appreciate the purpose of the forum so we can be in the know and can enjoy our great Ford 6.4 PSD's. Pilotshot
You did good!

Quick Reply: Customer Satisfaction Program 08B07 On Hold For New Updating By Ford: