1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT Some covid pastime

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 07:03 AM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
OT Some covid pastime

Hi gang. Thinking of you all during this Covid time. Thinking of all the good beer over the years. See how many you recognize. On a serious note, Jane and i tested positive for Covid. We are coming out of it now but just want to put a reminder out there to Mask up and keep your distance. Not a fun time. Especially our age bracket. Stay safe everyone

Old 12-03-2020, 08:54 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing like a cold frosty beverage! Glad you are okay...

Old 12-03-2020, 10:44 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Happy for your recovery, So are the doctors telling you that you are immune or do you still face the prospect of long vaccine line too get a shot like the rest of us

Old 12-03-2020, 11:26 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Do you guys have any symptoms?

The test is apparently PCR, which is notoriously bad for false positives as well as false negatives. It doesn't make much sense to test asymptomatic people. They have managed to scare the hell out of everyone with this, so there's that.

Old 12-03-2020, 12:17 PM
1956_F100
Elder User
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JimG1098
Hi gang. Thinking of you all during this Covid time. Thinking of all the good beer over the years. See how many you recognize. On a serious note, Jane and i tested positive for Covid. We are coming out of it now but just want to put a reminder out there to Mask up and keep your distance. Not a fun time. Especially our age bracket. Stay safe everyone
Stay safe and take care of yourselves. At least in my area, social distancing and mask wearing are more the norm rather than the exception. A few that still frown upon it and ignore it are typically avoided and not allowed into public businesses etc.

Old 12-03-2020, 04:05 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,833 Posts
Jim,

I hope you and the little woman are doing OK and recovering without issue.

What a great combo, I like both jigsaw puzzles and beer. This time of year when it gets dark early a jigsaw puzzle is a good way to spend and evening

Take care of yourselves
Bobby

Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Just saw on the news a little while ago that VP Pence was here in Nashville today saying that 56,000 doses of the vaccine will be here next week pending FDA approval. Hopefully by summer this will all be a distant memory.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:03 AM
rico56
More Turbo
Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts
Wow, even I recognize some of the beer brands . Nice jigsaw puzzle you have. I wish You a fast and complete recovery from the virus.

Old 12-04-2020, 06:10 AM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks everyone. We both are pretty much back to normal. In our case, it lasted about three weeks. As far as being immune , our hospital and the health dept. are really being non committal about the immunity. There seems to be varying degrees. We will both take the vaccines when offered to our age group. In the mean time, we continue to mask up and social distance. Please everyone, take the precautions. Today in the news, yesterday was the highest death toll in the US since the beginning. You don't know weather you will be the one to bounce thru it or be the unfortunate one to pass away.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:13 AM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JimG1098
Thanks everyone. We both are pretty much back to normal. In our case, it lasted about three weeks. As far as being immune , our hospital and the health dept. are really being non committal about the immunity. There seems to be varying degrees. We will both take the vaccines when offered to our age group. In the mean time, we continue to mask up and social distance. Please everyone, take the precautions. Today in the news, yesterday was the highest death toll in the US since the beginning. You don't know weather you will be the one to bounce thru it or be the unfortunate one to pass away.
thank you good info from FTE and for FTE

Old 12-04-2020, 09:08 AM
52 USCG Panel
Logistics Pro
Received 867 Likes on 423 Posts
...just to add a little balance. It's reassuring to note that only 6 percent of all the Covid deaths we hear so much about actually died from Covid. The other 94 percent had other serious underlying medical conditions. If you are otherwise healthy, you have a very low risk of dying from Covid. For whatever reason, we have incentivized doctors to count Covid deaths differently than deaths from other causes. Even so, in spite of the intentional distortion, the mortality rate for Covid now stands at 1.3 deaths per 1000 cases. I share this to counter the hysteria that I see everyday in the media. Covid is very contagious and can be very deadly for individuals in poor health with multiple pre-existing medical conditions, but I don't feel the risks to the general population are being accurately portrayed.

I'm pleased to hear that Jim and his wife are on the road to recovery! The vaccine, thanks to a monumental effort by all those involved) should be coming soon to protect those most at risk!!

Jim

Old 12-04-2020, 10:22 AM
df85732
Fleet Mechanic
Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Sorry to hear you've been under the weather Jim😥 But glad you're on the road to recovery 😊 I'm not a big beer guy as I like my cocktails😆 I am also always on the lookout for old truck puzzles. Winters are long here on the plains of Nebraska😊

Old 12-04-2020, 10:45 AM
51fred
More Turbo
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts
Yes, glad to read you are on the mend! I found this interesting as we are working on a similar puzzle. I may have sampled more than a few of the beers shown in both puzzles.

Old 12-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Well it is "interesting" collectively we're now nine (9) months into what was sold to us as a two week "flatten the curve" prescription, in order to prevent the hospitals from being overwhelmed all at once with a critical mass of sick individuals. That never happened.

So now I'm not sure what the point is?

Somewhere along the way, since March or thereabouts, everybody seems to now have this notion that we can and must completely somehow prevent our ever being exposed to it, and further, it is a likely death sentence if you are. This is completely bizarre.

Approximately half the country will get it, sooner or later, there's no around this. Protecting the elderly, quarantining the sick, those in nursing homes and the like makes sense. Studies show that dust masks may have some efficacy at preventing the spread from sick individuals to healthy individuals, but it is "statistically insignificant."

We can't believe anything on the "news" for years now, if we ever could, they lie about everything, why would this be any different?

Did You Know? Hospitals are compensated $13,000 for every WuHuFlu death, that can't possibly queer the statistics can it? Some guy falls off a ladder, yep - you guessed it - he died from Covid-19

Also recall when this first started - and people were purchasing dust masks - the official reaponse was "Don't wear masks, they are not effective, you're frightening people."

They also suggested going to parades, restaurants that were negatively impacted.

Then, the official government advice was "Stop buying masks, they don't work, and you are preventing health care professionals who need them from being able fo purchase them." Remember?

Then, it was "Well there are no masks to be found, maybe a bandanna or old T-shirt is OK".

Fast forward to now, and I guess in some places it's something like "Wear a mask, or we'll throw you in jail." and anyone not sufficiently down with all this is labeled a domestic tourist by politicians, who seem to be immune to this virus and travel freely and do whatever they want, vacations to luxury resorts. Hm. Sounds serious, doesn't it?

Stay "safe" everyone. Stay "safe".

Old 12-04-2020, 03:45 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,351 Likes on 1,110 Posts

Quick Reply: OT Some covid pastime