Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Tonneau input

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:57 PM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for Tonneau input

Are any of you using the Rugged Cover triple fold tonneau cover? It looks pretty sturdy to me, but I'd love to have some feedback from folks that have used one.

I carry a large slide-in truck camper and cannot have any brackets or clamps left on the truck after the tonneau is removed, and the Rugged Cover meets that criteria. There are a few other competing models, but they are considerably more expensive.

Thanks.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 PM
nitrogen
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 65 Posts
i'm using the ford factory soft tonneau cover, there are 4 clamps that hold each side rail on. its takes 10-15 minutes tops to remove or install so i can load my truck camper. generally i don't find myself switching back and forth real often. once the camper is on it mostly stays on unless i need it off, of course it helps that it not really my daily driver at the moment. if i was loading the camper every weekend it would be kind of tedious to remove the tonneau.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have an agri soft cover which roles up. the rails dont need to be removed to put in a camper. I am really happy with it, and its 4 years old, it has seen 80,000 Km and temps from -49 C to +43 C. Also, its waterproof enough to put soft luggage in the back and not worry about it, but roles up to load the truck. the rails would not interfere with a camper...

Old 10-31-2008, 03:22 PM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Thanks Nitrogen and MHoefer. I didn't know Ford offered one, I will check that out along with the one from Agri.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:28 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Also check out the Truxedo LoPro QT, fast release rails and fully removable roll up cover - I've had it on my last truck and this one and I love it. Quality cover, good seal, and easy to remove or reinstall the cover and rails if necessary in about 3 minutes (all clamp on).

Old 11-01-2008, 12:25 AM
thedaddycat
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Extang RT soft roll up cover that fits with a tool box. Clamp rails like the others, easy on or off. I think that it's pretty good and reasonably priced, velcro sides hold the cover down, cross bars roll up with the cover.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 AM
whiles
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nitrogen
i'm using the ford factory soft tonneau cover, there are 4 clamps that hold each side rail on. its takes 10-15 minutes tops to remove or install so i can load my truck camper. generally i don't find myself switching back and forth real often. once the camper is on it mostly stays on unless i need it off, of course it helps that it not really my daily driver at the moment. if i was loading the camper every weekend it would be kind of tedious to remove the tonneau.
I bought the Factory Tonneau cover for my 2003 F250. I previously had a different truck with a tonneau cover that had a similar mounting style with clamps and rails, and I guess I got spoiled. The Ford cover cannot be taken off without taking off the rails and in the winter the ribs will collapse under the weight of snow so I have to take it off.

So, after doing a good bit of research, I rolled up the Ford cover and put it in the trash pile and bought the BakFlip HD G2 from RealTruck.com. The entire cover can be taken off without removing the rails and the rails are held on by 6 clamps just like the Ford cover.

If anyone has a F250 in the Northern VA area and wants the Ford cover, drop me a line to wsh (at) sprintmail.com. You can come get it for free.

Scott

Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 AM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Whiles- I have sent you an email.

Thanks everyone for your responses.