North Dakota Roll Call - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
North Dakota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: hav24wheel

North Dakota Roll Call

Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 AM
remhaust
Senior User
remhaust is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
hello to all the good folks of ND. Not sure if i ever posted in the chapter since i joind, have been on the other forms researching since i joind so sorry i havent been on here more. Anyways my name is Eric and live in bismarck and if im not sleeping,eating or working iam on here or in the shop. Very,Very bize and hope to make sum new friends in my area. Thanks, and have a great day

Old 04-07-2011, 01:42 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
How's it goin Eric? That's a sweet lookin F1 you have there. I have a all stock hasn't been drivin in 55 years 37 pickup that I'm goin to make a rod out of.

You get into off roading at all? R/C cars maybe? Anything else besides wrenching and Rodding?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM
remhaust
Senior User
I have 4x4 R/C truck,Older r/c race boat with 7.5 HO motor that runs 60+ mph on the water. I love off roading, but have nothing to do it with other than 4wheeler.ride my motorcylces alot in summer, and all kinds of stuff. If its not mine stuff to work on its always familys or someone elses. I wish i had more time

Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 AM
remhaust
Senior User
O, i almost for got my Heli, and want to get into the choppers a lot more. Its just a cheapy 4 now. Again no time, but love them

Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
hav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputationhav24wheel has a superb reputation
Wow, u sound like ur busy all the time.

I have a Mini Revo R/C car, but that's about it for toys besides my Off road wheeler...

Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
O, what kinda 4x4 R/C you have?

I'm kinda planning to build a track for them this summer.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
nobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud of
Me and my dad used to build dirt tracks for our RC trucks, but havent for years, now. I miss it.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
I'm kinda excited to do it, this is the best R/C I've had.. all the other ones where Radio shack units.. This one is a Traxxas 1/16 scale Revo. I upgraded it of course.. so it can take a bit of a beating...

N after some hard runs.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:04 PM
remhaust
Senior User
Cant remmeber, but i think its a monster pirate, nothing special. O i forgot i do alot of snowmobiling also. Again when i have time.LOL

Old 04-08-2011, 10:01 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
nobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud ofnobodyspecial has much to be proud of
We have old school RC trucks (Circa mid to late 80s) we are big Tamiya fans. My dad has a Monster Beetle and Blackfoot, and I have a Super Blackfoot. I don't have any pictures of our trucks, but here are a few I scavenged of the internet so you can see what i am talking about.

This is making me want to dig them out again, I think I will next time I am back out to the farm.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
I bet they are pretty fun!

I beat mine pritty hard, dang thing does 50 + mph. Some times upside down even. Lol. This one will handle a 5 ft drop with ease. I can't wait to build a track! Than I'll get to spend more on parts I'm sure. Lol

What kinda speed do yours do abouts? Do they make a bunch of hop up parts for them?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
There are some original hopup parts, but they are hard to find. My dads trucks are almost 30 years old.

As for speed, I wouldn't know what to guess. With bigger motors, they can really fly. I have an older racing motor on mine, I dont know the specs, haven't messed with them in years. Here are a few videos.

Original:
YouTube - Vintage Tamiya Monster Beetle

upgraded:
YouTube -
YouTube - Super Fast Tamiya Super Blackfoot-Wow!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:25 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader
Those are pretty good lookin.

They are kinda addicting lol, I followed mine with a vehicle today, and it got up to 43 mph! Its geared down a bit, so I'm sure it could go faster, but for how I use it, speed isn't all that important.

On a side not, my Dog can keep up with it pretty good! Lol

Josh, you guys have jumps and all that on the track you hhad built? I'm not too sure what I want to do to makke one..

Old 04-08-2011, 07:10 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
It was a circle track, with ups and downs on it, but no cliffs and could be run in either direction. there were plenty of places to catch air. It was probably about 20x40 or so, if I remember right.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
bobsjoint420
New User
bobsjoint420 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ND

Hey everyone! I'm Robert from larimore, ND. My daily driver is a 07 silverado but my project truck is a 49 ford f3 runs and drives has a flathead v8 with a three speed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North Dakota Roll Call

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: