6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

IMPORTANT Information for 6.4L owners - Customer Satisfaction Programs 08B06 & 08B07

Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow IMPORTANT Information for 6.4L owners - Customer Satisfaction Programs 08B06 & 08B07

Time for a updated flash and venturi tee installation, if not already done... Letters will be coming in the mail, but here is a head start.

Keep in mind that this is a Customer Satisfaction Program and not a Recall. This only affects trucks built on or before 09/15/08 and you must have the work completed by 01/31/09 to be eligible...

Old 10-14-2008, 06:38 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
thanks..I had my flash done on the engine. Now I wonder if they did the AutoTransmission one as well? They did do the T and replaced the drivers window and moulding as per TSB.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:39 AM
jshumadine
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a Job 1 (April - June 07 build date- can't remember the exact date) and I currently have 7500 trouble free miles in 10 months but I'm very paranoid about the radiator leak. If I take it in for the re-flash, will they do the Venturi T install if I pay for it since it is about a $5 part and less than 30 minute install or will they ONLY do it after it is too late and I see a puddle on the ground below my truck???

I have yet to take my truck in for the gas tank recall of some sort so I was waiting to have a lot of stuff done at once before I take it in and go without a vehicle. I wish I could manually punch a hole in the radiator to get a new one so I wouldn't be so damn paranoid. Thoughts???

Old 10-14-2008, 10:12 AM
DieselWhisperer
Senior User
jshumadine, I have a job1 April 07 build with 31,000 miles nearly trouble free miles. Radiator went around 18,000 miles (it will go), and I had a CEL for an oil pressure sending switch (simple fix). The only other problem is black sooty tailpipes but I really don't know it that's a problem or not. I have had the latest flashes also. I get 13.5 mpg city/country roads and 17-18 on the big road. Oh, I put the venturi T on myself a month or so ago. I also had the seat back recall done but never got a recall on the gas tank.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:02 AM
ab257z
Senior User
Maybe a stupid question, but I did the 'high idle' mod on one of my upfitter switches. Reading the above customer service letter shows:

NOTE: Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration will not INITIATE at Idle or in Power-Take-Off (PTO)
mode. When DRIVE TO CLEAN EXHAUST FILTER is displayed in the message center, PTO and/or
Stationary Elevated Idle Control (SEIC) must be disengaged/inactive in order to properly clean the DPF.

Does that mean I have to turn off my high idle switch to regen even when I am driving?

I got the latest flash about 400 miles ago, and it hasn't regenerated yet (I don't expect it to for another couple of hundred miles). I have noticed the cruise control is a lot smoother.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jshumadine
I've got a Job 1 (April - June 07 build date- can't remember the exact date) and I currently have 7500 trouble free miles in 10 months but I'm very paranoid about the radiator leak. If I take it in for the re-flash, will they do the Venturi T install if I pay for it since it is about a $5 part and less than 30 minute install or will they ONLY do it after it is too late and I see a puddle on the ground below my truck???

I have yet to take my truck in for the gas tank recall of some sort so I was waiting to have a lot of stuff done at once before I take it in and go without a vehicle. I wish I could manually punch a hole in the radiator to get a new one so I wouldn't be so damn paranoid. Thoughts???

The venturi tee is part of customer satisfaction program 08B06 and will be taken care of for you at no cost. All you have to do is take your truck in... The reflash is 08B07 and will also be taken care of at the same time at no charge...

Old 10-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Carl Lassiter
Senior User
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
The venturi tee is part of customer satisfaction program 08B06 and will be taken care of for you at no cost. All you have to do is take your truck in... The reflash is 08B07 and will also be taken care of at the same time at no charge...
Good news for existing owners as at first they aid they were only doing trucks on the lots.

How do I check if fuel tank mod has been done before my impending purchase?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
WhiteEx
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the heads up. On the way to check my mailbox...

Old 10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by WhiteEx
Thanks for the heads up. On the way to check my mailbox...
You could be waiting by the mail box for a while. All this info was just released yesterday. If you are in a rush it would be best to call your servicing dealer and give them your VIN. A current OASIS report will show any outstanding FSA's...

Old 10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
caprang
Posting Guru
PowerstrokeHD - thanks a million for the information. As always you are a great asset to this site. I would award rep points for the post but it wont let me do it again so soon.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Bowstring
Senior User
PowerStrokeHd I had a flash last august on my Job1 I think it was the 08-13-2 is this the same one or is the 08B07 a newer one yet? also I read a post titled Reflash posted by Turban8r below yours in there RedDogDaddy post about talking to a tec that said Ford is on the verge of a recall for the radiators, here anything on this?

Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Carl Lassiter
Senior User
Originally Posted by caprang
PowerstrokeHD - thanks a million for the information. As always you are a great asset to this site. I would award rep points for the post but it wont let me do it again so soon.
Didn't know that option was available. I just added to PowerstrokeHD's rep on both of our behalfs. He is beyond helpful.

I did you too for the Venturi Tee kit info among other things. Cheers

Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Bowstring
PowerStrokeHd I had a flash last august on my Job1 I think it was the 08-13-2 is this the same one or is the 08B07 a newer one yet? also I read a post titled Reflash posted by Turban8r below yours in there RedDogDaddy post about talking to a tec that said Ford is on the verge of a recall for the radiators, here anything on this?
I have heard nothing about a potentail recall on the radiators at this time. It is possible the the venturi tee covered in 08B06 is the so called recall on the radiator as trucks with them installed do not appear to be having issues...

As far as the flash, it is looking like 08B07 is a newer flash then the one covered in TSB 08-13-2 (or TSB 08-13-3)...

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
bnmccoy
Elder User

Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
I have heard nothing about a potentail recall on the radiators at this time. It is possible the the venturi tee covered in 08B06 is the so called recall on the radiator as trucks with them installed do not appear to be having issues...

As far as the flash, it is looking like 08B07 is a newer flash then the one covered in TSB 08-13-2 (or TSB 08-13-3)...
One difference is the 'customer letter for the glove box' from the one I received a few weeks ago saying "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" is normally 'briefly' displayed but is "continuously" displayed following the "Drive to Clean Exhaust System"

As I read the new customer letter at your posted links; it looks like it will continuously display Cleaning Exhaust Filter anytime it is doing same. I would like this much better.

I'm glad Ford is finally doing the right thing with respect to the Venturi T.

Thanks for the post.

Bob

Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
skl
Mountain Pass
Thanks for the post- have mine scheduled at the dealer this Friday. Put the T in last weekend so I should get a $5.60 refund. Boy, now I can retire!!!
Have noticed a few drops of antifreeze on the floor so they're checking the radiator and doing the reflash. They were aware of this newest "program" so at least that's reassuring...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IMPORTANT Information for 6.4L owners - Customer Satisfaction Programs 08B06 & 08B07