New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Exhaust shop in NH

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 02:43 PM
metal83
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust shop in NH

Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop in NH???

I cannot seem to find one and i just recently had Meineke do a custom exhaust (14" Magnaflow SI/DO) for me because of lack of choices. I want to find a shop that will use Stainless steel tubing with Mandrel bends and at the same time not rape me on the price. Meineke used aluminized tubing, the bends are smooth but there is diameter loss in the turns which is bothering me. Also the tips are slighty off (not by much though), they are not quite even on each side of the truck. Maybe it's a little **** of me to want the tips in the same EXACT spot on each side, but that's just how i am. I'd assume a little measuring could of prevented this.

So if anyone knows of a quality shop to have my exhaust fixed up the way i want it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:52 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by metal83
Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop in NH???

I cannot seem to find one and i just recently had Meineke do a custom exhaust (14" Magnaflow SI/DO) for me because of lack of choices. I want to find a shop that will use Stainless steel tubing with Mandrel bends and at the same time not rape me on the price. Meineke used aluminized tubing, the bends are smooth but there is diameter loss in the turns which is bothering me. Also the tips are slighty off (not by much though), they are not quite even on each side of the truck. Maybe it's a little **** of me to want the tips in the same EXACT spot on each side, but that's just how i am. I'd assume a little measuring could of prevented this.

So if anyone knows of a quality shop to have my exhaust fixed up the way i want it, please let me know.

Thanks.
Where are you located in NH??

If you are close to MA there are a couple in Lawrence..

Lou's is one and Auto ER is the other..

There are a couple of Lou's custom exhaust shops in the area..

Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM
donjamer
Metal..
I also noticed your not a member of the NE Chapter..

Why not take a minute and join us.. There is no cost or obligation..

We have monthly GTG's and other activities..

Just click on the link in my signature and then join us in the chapter frivolous thread for fun and games...

Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
metal83
Junior User
Hey Don, i'm located in Manchester. So the Lou's down there will do Mandrel bending and stainless steel? I called Lou's up here in manchester and they said they don't do Mandrel Bending, at least not up here.

That's my main concern is i want the tubing to actually be Mandrel bent and stainless steel, not crush bent, or the so called smooth bent which is what i have now. The smooth bent seems to decrease the diameter of the tubing on the turns.

I'll have to check them out, and the other place you mentioned as well.

Thanks, Dan.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:26 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by metal83
Hey Don, i'm located in Manchester. So the Lou's down there will do Mandrel bending and stainless steel? I called Lou's up here in manchester and they said they don't do Mandrel Bending, at least not up here.

That's my main concern is i want the tubing to actually be Mandrel bent and stainless steel, not crush bent, or the so called smooth bent which is what i have now. The smooth bent seems to decrease the diameter of the tubing on the turns.

I'll have to check them out, and the other place you mentioned as well.

Thanks, Dan.
Not sure if the do mandrel bending at either place..

I'm surprised that they don't do it at Lou's in Manchester.. That's part of a custom exhaust..

My son had an exhaust done at Lou's I will ask him if he thinks they do mandrel bending when he gets home..

Old 10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
NHTriton
Junior User
sorry I'm a little late to this thread.
Have you tried calling D&P Undercar? They're in Manchester off of Elm street.
I'm pretty sure a friend of mine had them install a custom stainless steel exhaust on his F150 a few years ago.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Skip's in Plastow NH. Not sure of mandrell but it's the prefered shop in the area.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 AM
metal83
Junior User
Originally Posted by NHTriton
sorry I'm a little late to this thread.
Have you tried calling D&P Undercar? They're in Manchester off of Elm street.
I'm pretty sure a friend of mine had them install a custom stainless steel exhaust on his F150 a few years ago.
Thanks, i actually live a little over 5 mins from there, i'll have to call them up or stop in to see what they can do.

Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Skip's in Plastow NH. Not sure of mandrell but it's the prefered shop in the area.
Thanks, i'll give these guys a call as well.