1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Tahoe seat for the 53 *pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Huntfamily53
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tahoe seat for the 53 *pics

Found this seat for the 53 recently. The seat is a 2nd row split bench out of a 07 or 08 Tahoe. These were from new vehicles that were converted for law enforcment use. A guy on craigslist bought a lot of them at auction. I got this one for $150. I really liked the idea of having the integrated shoulder belt in the middle seat. These fit pretty well, I will need to fab up some brackets for the rear to lift it a bit for it to sit level, but other than that I really like the look of them. They are very comfortable. Just thought I would post in case someone needed an idea for their 53-56 F100's.

The wheel is not in it's permanent spot...it's just wired up in there so my kids (and me) could pretend for a bit!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Scott123
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$150 for brand new seats is a heck of a deal. Look pretty good too.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Huntfamily53
Senior User
Thanks...Yeah, I was pretty stoked to find them. If anyone in AZ is looking for seats, this guy probably has a good 8-10 more sets. Here is his craigslist ad if anyone is interested:

2007 and up Chev Tahoe 2nd row bench seat Black Leather

Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Wow, they look pretty good.

This is just my opinion....you could remove the headrests and then you wouldn't hardly be able to see the seats through the back window

Great score
Bobby

Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Huntfamily53
Senior User
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Wow, they look pretty good.

This is just my opinion....you could remove the headrests and then you wouldn't hardly be able to see the seats through the back window

Great score
Bobby

I thought of that too...I havn't decided what I like best yet...it's an easy fix either way I decide!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Nojive55
Senior User
Very nice!
Just to show you how much of a darksider I AM NOT, I don't even like the idea of putting Ch3^y seats in a Ford. Guess I wouldn't have to tell anyone.

Instead of 60/40 those are 40/60, would have come in handy back in my younger days, could have taken out the 40 and my date would have had to sit next to me!

Good to know what fits the 53-56, send an update when they are installed, including pics of the mounting brackets.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
f100newb
Senior User
So that is the second row of seats out of Tahoe? Very nice. Those would look great in my 53. I will have to keep my eye out for them

Old 10-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Huntfamily53
Senior User
I prefer to try and stay ford as well, but I won't hesitate to use something that works. I don't know how many people will know where these came from, but the important thing was that I liked them and they fit the truck and my budget. My truck will likely be painted black or two tone black so I liked the look of the black leather.

I was going to put a regular bench seat in there...again from a ch3vy and get it upholstered in leather, until I saw these and realized they may work. The width at the widest point is 56.5 inches the width of the cab is what? 59 or 60? So it fills out the space nicely. I am just starting to do more on the truck (getting cooler in the garage) so I am making some small progress. I need to get a welder next and then I will tackle some of the bigger things on my list such as the rear end and frame, then on to the body/engine. I will post anything I do and when I figure out the mounting system for the seats I will post it up. Money is tight and it kills me to have to wait to do what I want to do!!

I was also considering seats from a honda (oddesey?) mini van, but I didn't like the arm rests.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
LEckart
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those do look good in there. Have you checked how much knee room you have between the front of the seat (in your driving position) and the steering column? This seems to always present a problem for me getting in and out of the cab if the seat is too long in the seating area. Since those look so good I hope you have plenty of knee space.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Huntfamily53
Senior User
The column I was going to put in is a tilt/telescoping column from a Toronado GT. In the pic it is fully extended (and at a weird, bad angle) When the column is compressed it it about 32 inches which isn't too bad. I may rethink that column but I am not sure yet..maybe get something in the 30" range? It will be connected to a Toyota box with the straight axle. Maybe I can use the stock collumn still, but I will have to set it in there and see where it ends up for a good fit. Ididit seems too expensive, but maybe not in the long run and if it solves all the fitment issues? I still have some time to tweak it and welcome suggestions.

The downside to these seats is that they have only one upright locked position instead of adjustable forward, so I am kind of stuck with how they open up.