1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Tony Wildman is the MAN!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Heh, stupid mac's.

Send the DVD to me, i'll get er workin for ya.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:49 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fullcrew7.3
You're making a lot of guys on here very green there TJ.......
just trying to keep up with Neal!

Originally Posted by Talyn
Heh, stupid mac's.

yeah there has to be a way to do it. mac's are used all the time for stuff like that. I would love to see it!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Tim that is great to hear. Free chip from Steve, cool. I heard from him recently. Anyway that is the chip I was going to buy from him but was weary of where it came from. Glad it worked out for ya.
I love the street race. That is MY DD.

Oh and I mounted my switchto the left of the steering wheel and below that black trim piece that pops out. I love that location. Hard to see from outside and can't be reached by passenger or kids. I had to remove some of the bracing behind that piece but it was a fairly simple install. Drill the hole for the switch to go thru then figure where you want the tab to be with careful thought where each setting will be located and drill the retainer hole with I believe 1/8" bit. Look thru my pics an dsee if there is a pic of the location. If not let me know and I will get some for ya. I will even get some pics behind the dash too. Just let me know.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
just trying to keep up with Neal!
Haha. Thanx dude. I wish we were closer we could do some mean mods in the shop!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Tim that is great to hear. Free chip from Steve, cool. I heard from him recently. Anyway that is the chip I was going to buy from him but was weary of where it came from. Glad it worked out for ya.
I love the street race. That is MY DD.

Oh and I mounted my switchto the left of the steering wheel and below that black trim piece that pops out. I love that location. Hard to see from outside and can't be reached by passenger or kids. I had to remove some of the bracing behind that piece but it was a fairly simple install. Drill the hole for the switch to go thru then figure where you want the tab to be with careful thought where each setting will be located and drill the retainer hole with I believe 1/8" bit. Look thru my pics an dsee if there is a pic of the location. If not let me know and I will get some for ya. I will even get some pics behind the dash too. Just let me know.
I was gonna buy it from Steve too but it took me a long time to get the money at the time so he just sent it to me for free. I have had it for a few months just waiting to get it burned. I was gonna wait until all my other mods were done but I couldn't wait that long!

I want to mount the switch there too but that piece of trim has to come off to do alot of repairs so I don't like putting stuff like that there if it isn't easily disconnected. I guess its just a set screw and one nut so that is not too bad. I have my scan gauge in there and that doesn't unhook easily. I really want it on the window switch panel but the PO installed the TC lockup switch and two LED's there so thats out.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
I thought about the easy disconnect also and thought about putting a big plug in there with all the connections but was afraid I was adding a place for something to break. So like you said a set screw and one nut is not much.

Like I said you will have to remove some of the bracing in there. I just removed the plate off of the bottom of the jig saw and stuck it in there and wiggled it around till the switch fit.LOL

Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Well, macs are used for it quite often yes.
But they don't use same formats and such.

He just doesn't have a program that can read what is going on, and I do. =)

I was thinking a cool slider switch for the TW would be pretty awesome instead of a turn switch.

Or even put a HUGE lever on the floor next to the 4x4 shifter.
haha. j/k

Old 09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
MagKarl
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I mounted my switch to the seat frame. It's out of sight and protected from damage. My kids are little and are not gentle with ***** on the dash. And I have loaned it to friends who don't have a pickup, stock is plenty for them. I can reach down with my left hand and change it without taking my eyes off the road. There's a split in the floor mat under the front seat already for routing and the switch cable was plenty long.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
Heh, stupid mac's.

what program would i need to do it? i would like to do it without having to ship it, but if i can't get it working myself then i will get someone else to try it out. LoL.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
google for what programs are needed. what did you make the video with? what program? what format is it in? .avi, .mpeg, etc etc

Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i made the video with imovie, but i can't remember what format it's in right now.. LoL.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Oh boy.
I movie sucks.
I hate Mac's most of the time, They dont cross platform very well.

I think I movie has a specific format for itself, so if its saved in Imovie format, then search for IMOVIE converter

Old 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Well reading this post make me feel very sad, and jelous (spel?) because I had to send my TW chip to Tony because it doesnt work in my truck. and is Murphy´s law, because I am in Mexico and shipping back and forth is a real PITA to get stuff across the border, and I have read that some people had done that till 3 times after it worked well. And the firs problem is I CANT WAIT to feel the change with the chip. But thats life, and congrats to TJ [/FONT][/COLOR]

Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Sorry to make you endure this torture Jose! I can't imagine the frustration there! Good things come to those who wait though! Tony should be able to get you squared away!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
Sorry to make you endure this torture Jose! I can't imagine the frustration there! Good things come to those who wait though! Tony should be able to get you squared away!
Your words conforts me a little, thanks a lot, and yes it must be in the right direction.

Quick Reply: Tony Wildman is the MAN!