1995 FI 460 into a 67 cougar

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
fordinman460
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 FI 460 into a 67 cougar

Hi all

I have a wrecked 95 f-250 with a good running 460. i also have a 67 mercury cougar that needs an engine. i want it to be a street/strip car, and i was planning on putting a 460 into it. i wanted to do something a little different than all the other cars you see on friday night with typical carbed engines with dress up kits, and i thought this would be pretty cool....take a modern fi 460 and put it into a muscle car. i know the 460 hasn't changed much since its inception, and i know there is a lot more power to be had with these late model fi 460s. question is. how much power can i make. should i keep the speed density or switch it to mass flow? if i wanted to hook it up to a manual tranny do i need to change the eec. i have also read that if you keep the speed density setup, you can do a bunch of mods to the engine (bigger cam, port heads, headers, the works) and have a dyno shop rewrite an eec to match the specs of the engine. i have read quite a bit about fi 460s, and converting engines to mass air fuel injectioni.......what i really want is to use this stock 460, do some mods, and have i make 400 hp in this cougar. my question to you guys is which route i should take to achieve this!! thanks