Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Where's the Best Place to Live with your Effie?

Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 AM
nytling92
Senior User
nytling92 is starting off with a positive reputation.
imlowr2 that is good advice. I'm a westcoast transplant and I wouldn't go back to live in Ca for anything, but thats me. I have learned to love the slower life. I live about 30 miles south of Louisville, kind of in the country. I can go to Louisville for anything "big city" I want to do and then get the heck out. I also live about 30 miles east of Terry (Truxx), but he is OUT in the country, He has a hard time finding his way out of there very often. I really like that I'm 2 hrs from Indy, 2 hrs from Cinci, 2 hrs from Nashville, 1 hr north of Bowlingreen Ky. (Home of the Hot Rod Reunion), etc....I have many choices for things to do. It does get sticky hot in the summer and cold in the winters, but not much snow. We have beautiful green springs and summers and colorful falls(the leaves change) and the days during the fall seem so crystal clear and blue if that makes sense. Winter is winter. We have an 1800sq ft house on top of the same (garage and basement) and it cost us $110k. There are property taxes based on accessed value. Relatively low crime.
All this being said when we drive to Fl. for vacation from where we are to northern AL is all beautiful looking counrty but I don't know anything about them.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.imlowr2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks Nytling92, It's funny but I hear that all the time. It seems everyone in the U.S is slow except for CA? I have noticed that when travelling. I'd love to leave CA for several reasons, San Francisco being one of them! I also heard the women in CA are hard on themselves as far as looking good and being fit, compared to other States where hot looks doesn't really matter. CA does have great looking women. I remember stopping for gas in Utah once in some lost city in the mountains. I went in to pay for gas and the cowboy looking guy begin laughing at me. Thinking my zipper was down or something? I asked the guy what was so funny. He asked me if I was from CA, I replied Yes!. He said, "that figures, we don't pay for gas first, you fill it up, come back and tell me how much you put in" Being from CA, I said, "what if I put in 20 and tell you 10?" He began laughing again, and said, "They do that in CA". My wife then responded, "my husband doesn't get out of CA much and doesn't know what the rest of the country is like." I thought it was refreshing though. I know I'm still looking for a place like Mayberry, where I can hang out with Goober!. I'd fit right in there!.... LOL... For now my mother 85 years old is still in CA and needs my help, plus my job is here.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have a simplistic business plan:

Sell CA house (Otherwise known as National Jag Headquarters) in 2013 ($400K)??

Buy house with GARAGE in some other state for $300K.

Spend $100K on big motorhome.

Go to all the big car shows in style!

I know this plan needs a lot of refinement, and I'm just guessing that CA real estate will recover in 5 years. But, it's a start. And with so many great sounding places to check out, it may take a long time to find the one that fits us the best. Jag

Old 09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
homade
Posting Guru
homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.homade has a very good reputation on FTE.
Jag, you will need to factor in fuel cost for motor home because those things,even the small ones are hard to push.