N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

September All Topics Thread- All are welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:28 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking September All Topics Thread- All are welcome!

Hey everyone,

New month, new thread. I am tired and sore from putting the new truck cab on over the weekend. I will put some pics up of the event in that thread tonight.

What did you do over the long weekend?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
A little backyard cleanup, then tore out about 100 feet of hogwire and barbed wire fencing...now making plans to do the kitchen floor..but I'm not too energetic at the moment

Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Been re-addicted to an online role playing game (Everquest), spent most of my non working time playing that. Labor day I played it for 12 hours. (I know, I need a life) Which is why I have not posted here much lately. Waiting for my neighbor to pay me for the laptop so I can get the Ranger fixed and get out of my cave...er..I mean apartment.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:41 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Hey everyone,

Anyone go and see the Thunderbirds at Travis Air Force Base? I've seen them 20+ times and the Blue Angels 45 times. Here is the link to my photography website.

Airshow home

Airshow home

Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pretty exciting here. Thursday one of the small dogs(12.8 pounds) got hit by a car(hit & run). Small miracle; it only fractured the pelvis. We have to carry her outside every other hour to pee. Then, our baby kitten must have ate something on Sat, because he's losing weight, & wont poop. Just bot back from the vet with both an hour ago. Pooch got more pain pills, and kitty got ordered to try laxative.

Monday I actually worked on the 67 & played with the timing a little, trying to get the best tuning I can with a Duraspark. It can happen. I have 20* initial, and 39* total with the vac. unhooked. Fuel economy is a little better, one of these days I'll actually check it.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Never seen the Blue Angels in person, have seen the Thunderbirds when I was in the service they would come down once a year to our base and put on a show.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be watching the Blue Angels during Fleet Week in October.
Hope the weather cooperates.

They put on one hell of a show, with the S.F. Bay, Marin, and the East Bay as backdrops..

So cool, and so loud. They fly overhead at a ridiculously low height,
and it's fantastic.

I've posted this vid before.

YouTube - Blue Angels Solo: 3 Days - 3 Sneak Passes

Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fastmover
Hey everyone,

...I am tired and sore from putting the new truck cab on over the weekend.
Why are you tired and sore? I did all the work...

Actually, I know exactly how you feel. It was all I could do to drag my butt out of bed Tuesday morning and drive over to Woodland to work. I think you know how I spent the weekend, but the following couple of days were a thrill-a-minute as well. I didn't actually do any wrenching on cars at the new job (yet) but started out by finishing up the installation of a floor lift that he's had sitting for two years now and nobody knew how to wire it up, and so they just sort gave up on it for the time being. It's fully functional now, and the shop owner is thrilled. Then he put me on wiring a 3-phase circuit for his eclectric/hydrauilic press and a moisture-free air compressor, got that done and then it was time to load up and come home.

Looks like I'll be going over there on Mondays and coming back Wednesdays for a while. Next week I get to start tearing down a Rover engine to put new head gaskets in, then get to swap the motor into a Discovery. He's got enough work to keep me busy for a while and he's paying enough that I can work 3 days a week and make almost as much as I was getting for a full 5 days at my old job, so that leaves me with a couple of days to get stuff done around here.

I just don't much like the commute...it's 2 hours each way. At least I don't have to do it every day. I'll stay over there for the three days and then come home Wednesday in time for my regular gig at the Irish pub.

So there.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TigerDan
I'll stay over there for the three days and then come home Wednesday in time for my regular gig at the Irish pub.

So there.
Drinking or playing?

Old 09-04-2008, 03:32 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Why are you tired and sore? I did all the work...
Nobody appreciates how hard it is to sit and watch other's do the work! That chair gets uncomfortable after an hour and I had to keep moving it to keep it in the shade.

I'll stay over there for the three days and then come home Wednesday in time for my regular gig at the Irish pub.
Maybe we should have an evening G2G in Davis on a Monday or Tuesday night????? Everyone can marvel at my multi-colored franken-truck.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
AnOldDog
Elder User
A guy went into a bar. He asked for a beer and then said: I'm going to tell you the best joke about blonds !

Then the bartender say's, "Are you sure you want to tell that joke"?

I'm a blond, the chick handling security is a blond too. That one is a 6'4" 240# blond, the woman on your left is a professional prize fighter and the woman on your right is a black belt in martial arts. You might wanna think twice about telling that joke.

He says: Ahhh nevermind, I don't want to explain the joke 5 times...

Old 09-04-2008, 05:58 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AnOldDog
He says: Ahhh nevermind, I don't want to explain the joke 5 times...
I don't get it... could you explain it to me?????

Old 09-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Kory717
New User
i know im a littel late but i did some fishing out at boca, did some dirt bikin and went on a little white water rafting trip

Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Kory- So far, your weekend sounds the most fun. Wrenching on my truck is fun, but white water rafting takes it.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Kory717
New User
i did some work on my truck too mostly wiring (yuck) and its all fun untill u have to wake up on tuesday morning