Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.7 now? Ford has got to be kidding

Old 12-06-2008, 09:06 PM
pfogle
Post Fiend
pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
The Vdub diesels get 50+mpg and last well over 500k miles before even showing signs of getting old.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Sangetsu03
Senior User
Sangetsu03 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by parkland View Post
I think the 7.3 and 5.9's may have been the last of the heavy duty pickup engine with diesel power still the spirit.

IMHO were going to see more and more high revving engines, lots of turbo and horsepower, lots of aluminum parts, and lower and lower lifespans.

Ditto. My 6.0 truck was junk. I loved it when I got it, smooth, quiet, and strong. But after replacing all of the injectors over the course of several visits to the dealership, a blown head gasket, and other issues, I was less than impressed. The old 7.3s were not as strong or as quiet, but they were built to last.

The only thing I really liked about the 6.0 truck was the 5 speed auto trans, but even that had to be replaced under warranty 10 days after I took delivery after the truck.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 PM
John with beastly 302
Senior User
John with beastly 302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So what is the fate of the auto industry? It seems to me that sooner or later we are going to have to come up with a technology other than the Internal combustion engine to power our vehicles, because there will come a point when we cant squeeze any more out of a 100+ year old technology. Yes the EPA goes overboard but only because we let them. Maybe instead of B****en we should form interest groups or vote to combat the EPA. I think the Biggest problem with the EPA is that there really is no one to regulate it unlike the checks and balances the national government has. But it is what it is and it is almost like the country is slowly bleeding to death from banks defaulting, illegal imigrants sucking money out of health care, and so one an so forth.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 AM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru
randomhero1172 has a good reputation on FTE.randomhero1172 has a good reputation on FTE.
Although i agree with you john about the EPA in most parts there is environmental protection needed ...and mostly for US! Have you ever been to Mexico or China and breathed the air there? Its sickening! They have much higher lunger cancer rates and respiratory issues. We dont realize how lucky we are to be able to breather CLEAN AIR! On the other hand the EPA has single handedly ruined the diesel engine! They are completely over zealous and are WAY to strict. There needs to be a good median reached! The EPA is almost as bad as PETA ... *PUKE!*

Old 01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
ED Milk
Junior User
ED Milk is starting off with a positive reputation.
How are the aftermarket guys able to make more HP and maintain emissions.Factory does not want to do it.No service related problems,no money to keep the dealers in business.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:16 AM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
rob_nc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by ED Milk View Post
How are the aftermarket guys able to make more HP and maintain emissions.Factory does not want to do it.No service related problems,no money to keep the dealers in business.

I doubt very seriously that a "tuned" engine is able to meet emissions.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:46 PM
PWRPROD
Senior User
PWRPROD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rob: The experiment has been done many times by so many hot rodders. Build an engine and then put the sniffer in the pipe. We win every time. The thing that EPA has up where the sun don't shine is "USER ADJUSTABILITY". I did the phone call argument with them for a 400 ci Ford I wanted to put after market EFI on. Their answer was an absolute NO EFFING WAY. Even though the engine as sold new was user adjustable. My conclusion was that their attitude was terible, and they would not listen to any reasoning. Their hint was to scrap that 77 and buy a new truck. I did buy a near new 01 7.3 Power Stroke and will never see the smog guy again. Still got the 77 too (non OP)
PWRPROD

Old 01-19-2009, 05:55 PM
PWRPROD
Senior User
PWRPROD is starting off with a positive reputation.
PS: I am also very happy to breath the clean air that we now have. I have been there in Shaky Town when you couldn't see 3 miles, and had to stay indoors because of ozone levels. However the only laws I know of that are absolute wern't writen in Sacramento or DC.
PWRPROD