Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Sep 6th GTG Menu and Directions

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sep 6th GTG Menu and Directions

The GTG is coming up fast and we need to nail down who is bringing what.

Lets set the start time at 1:00pm, but anyone is welcome to show up that morning say 10:00am on.

I will be supplying the pork ribs and I'll probably throw a few chicken breasts on the smoker and a few hot dogs for the youngsters.

Dave has said he will bring a canopy and some macaroni salad.

Jeff is bringing his famous bbq beans, and Andy has said he is bringing mac'n cheese.

We are going to need:

1. plates and silverware

2. drinks ( I would suggest everyone bring a few, I'll have a cooler you can put them in, this has worked out well in the past as everyone has different tastes )

3. chips

4. coleslaw - ?

5. paper towels - we'll need quite a few rolls by the time everyone gets done with the ribs

6. dessert

7. any other suggestions?

Does anyone have a few folding tables? Dave has said he might have access to some but nothing confirmed.

Everyone should bring a few lawn chairs too.

Check this thread for updates, changes due to weather, ect

Directions:

Old 08-26-2008, 04:31 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Momma says we're in for chips & dip and a dessert. And she's got more hot dogs in the freezer.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:08 PM
95Z71
Elder User
I'll bring dessert.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Thanks for posting directions. Still not positive, but will try (CC may come into play-LOL).

If I get to come down, (since I can't cook) I will bring chips, drinks, paper towels, and whatever else I can throw in.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Count me in for being short.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Dad has two 6' tables and one 8' plus I have a few card tables . Think that will be enough ?

Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
My stepmother is going to make a dessert and we'll also bring paperplates and plasticware.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by tojoski
The GTG is coming up fast and we need to nail down who is bringing what.

Lets set the start time at 1:00pm, but anyone is welcome to show up that morning say 10:00am on.

I will be supplying the pork ribs and I'll probably throw a few chicken breasts on the smoker and a few hot dogs for the youngsters.

Dave has said he will bring a canopy and some macaroni salad.

Jeff is bringing his famous bbq beans, and Andy has said he is bringing mac'n cheese.

We are going to need:

1. plates and silverware

2. drinks ( I would suggest everyone bring a few, I'll have a cooler you can put them in, this has worked out well in the past as everyone has different tastes )

3. chips

4. coleslaw - ?

5. paper towels - we'll need quite a few rolls by the time everyone gets done with the ribs

6. dessert

7. any other suggestions?

Does anyone have a few folding tables? Dave has said he might have access to some but nothing confirmed.

Everyone should bring a few lawn chairs too.

Check this thread for updates, changes due to weather, ect

Directions:

Originally Posted by cookie88
Momma says we're in for chips & dip and a dessert. And she's got more hot dogs in the freezer.
Originally Posted by 95Z71
I'll bring dessert.
Originally Posted by Brian_B
Thanks for posting directions. Still not positive, but will try (CC may come into play-LOL).

If I get to come down, (since I can't cook) I will bring chips, drinks, paper towels, and whatever else I can throw in.
Originally Posted by jimkidd
Count me in for being short.
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Dad has two 6' tables and one 8' plus I have a few card tables . Think that will be enough ?
My stepmother is going to make a dessert and we'll also bring paperplates and plasticware.
Now if that is not the coolest thing in the world? "Multi-Quote" WoW!

I just had to try that out. I am not disappointed. Thanks to FTE for turning it on and to vBulletin for being smart enough to implement it!

Oh yeah. I'm should be there in a few days. Who's buying mt 1st beer?

That multi-quote is still hella-cool!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:48 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimkidd

Oh yeah. I'm should be there in a few days. Who's buying mt 1st beer?
I bought it today, drank it for ya while I was curing the smoker

Old 08-31-2008, 12:49 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Yeah that should be plenty, thanks dave

Old 08-31-2008, 01:05 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I sure hope this hurricane blows on out of here by the 6th! Our local forecast right now is calling for 10-20" of rain possible for south AR If it keeps this up, I'll never get my teardrop finished
Hey Joe, how about I come on up a few days early and camp out?
No really, I have extended an invitation to several friends who are in the danger zone from this storm, hope they all heed the warnings and get out while they can.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:13 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I sure hope this hurricane blows on out of here by the 6th! Our local forecast right now is calling for 10-20" of rain possible for south AR If it keeps this up, I'll never get my teardrop finished
No really, I have extended an invitation to several friends who are in the danger zone from this storm, hope they all heed the warnings and get out while they can.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:21 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
OOPS! Sorry about the double post, all I got back was "Bad response from server" and couldn't even get back on FTE at the time. Don't know how it double posted.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Sure, anytime..I hope we don't get rain on sat, right now looks like a 20% chance.. highs in the upper 80's though

Old 08-31-2008, 09:57 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by tojoski
Sure, anytime..I hope we don't get rain on sat, right now looks like a 20% chance.. highs in the upper 80's though
I don't give a deuce if it rains. The only rain I've seen since March had mud in it and lasted like 30 seconds. And I don't mean it rained and landed on sand and made mud. I mean the (insert your own adjective here. the "F" expletive works very well) mud fell out of the sky. And that's not even happened since May. Only thing is, I haven't heard thunder either. There are those crazy *** rockets that fly in a corkscrew (thanks for supplying those, Iran) and the occasional whoosh-thud-boom of a mortar round (or 12), both very thunder-esque in their own special way and very different in others. (I don’t remember rocks falling from the sky after a lightning strike. Not saying it doesn’t happen. I’ve just never seen it.) Ya'll won't think I'm any crazier than I was before if I stand in the rain and drink a beer and jump under a truck if it thunders, will ya?

(BTW, the ol’ lady don’t need to know nothing about any of this unless by the crazy accident she decides to log on and read my posts. OK? OK.)

Quick Reply: Sep 6th GTG Menu and Directions