Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

"Yes..he has a head....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Yes..he has a head....

Well now fellers since hunting season is over and it's sleeting and freezing rain outside I got a few minutes to sit down and whack my new Braille keyboard. (Many thanks Joe...) Anyways...Valentines Day has come and gone but I thought I'd share this little story with ya'll anyways. My friend Carol came to visit this past week..a few days before Valentines Day but we celebrated it as such. I prepared a fine meal...an appetizer of smoked salmon dip, cheese, crackers, deviled eggs and sundry other goodies I know she enjoys. The main course was rotisserrie grilled Cornish Game Hens served on a platter of fresh lettuce and other greens. Steamed shrimp decorated the edges of the plates...and Southwest style corn to brighten up the meal. One must always have different colored veggies to off-set and bring out the color of a meal..eh? Now mind ye fellers...I know my place in this relationship. I am but a slabb'a meat for her entertainment..I accept that. A toy for her amusement..and all that. In any case I was a bit preturbed when she recieved a phone call at some time during her visit and these were her exact words as she spoke to her girlfriend on t'other end of the cell-phone conversation. "Hello...blah, blah, blah, blah...Yes having a good day...blah, blah, blah...At Audies...blah, blah, blah!" And then a stunned silence. Fellers..at this point she begins looking at me like she was scrutinizing me for the first time. And then she said..."Ummm..yes..he has a head....I guess I just never noticed before!"..and she broke into a fit of laughter. (big sigh here...) And so goes my life. Audie....the Oldfart....

Old 02-18-2009, 04:04 PM
F250army45d
Elder User
Just consider it girl talk and don't let it bug you.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That's the first part to go when a female black widow eats the male!! Watch your 6!

BTW - Sounds like a nice dinner spread. I took the ol' lady to Rivertowne for an overpriced surf and turf...

Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 AM
78workhorse
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats a fine meal there oldfart. Do put that kinda spread out for all your guest. If so I'll be over next Tuesday around 5. I took the Mrs. to the movies and we dined on old popcorn and flat pop. Good point silverbullet.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Arrrrgghhh! Now you fellers ayre making me nervous! I just watched a documentary about the praying mantis' and seen where the female bites off the head of the male....as he's...uhhh...what I mean is...at the moment of..uhhh..errrr....you know what I'm saying..right? Brrrr...! Cold hearted they is! Anyways...to answer another question..."Do you always cook for guests like that?" Yes. I love to cook and seem to be rather proficient at it. As well I've found a meal, well prepared, speaks well of a man. I've never been one for material things..being the frugal sort of man I am. But I do work hard to make all of my guests welcome. For example the last shooting match here at The Homeplace we dined on 20+lbs. of bar-b-qued pork ribs, fresh corn-on-the-cob, a well tossed salad, ham&kale Southern Style, steamed Blue Crabs, and assortid coleslaws, tater and macaroni salads and fresh baked bread. That was lunch. Breakfast was eggs fixed 3 ways..a rasher of bacon, country sausage, home-fries and grits, pots of coffee/tea and plenty of juices. Long ago I vowed that no one would leave my home without gaining at least 20lbs. and I have kept that promise for more than 30 years. HAW!HAW!HAW! Audie...the Oldfart...