Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

Suggestions - Discussions On Where To Meet!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Suggestions - Discussions On Where To Meet!

Well it has been decided Sunday September 28th.
The where has not been decided as of yet. Anyone
have any ideas?
Would like to see some different people post up
ideas rather than just Bud, Paul, and myself.
Car show?, Centennial Park? favorite restaurant
you tell us.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
I have the 28th open.....anyone gonna make a suggestion to where????? Dave, did you ever email Barry????

Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll try to make it-----

Old 08-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jr32560
I'll try to make it-----
We know Jr.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Is ANYONE gonna make a suggestion on WHERE our Sept meeting take place??? I'm getting dang sick of just 3 of us making decisions that no one else seems to like!!! If we are going to continue with this Chapter, some people better dang sure step forward soon, or I'm gonna suggest that we desolve the Chapter!!!

I know that Dave is beside himself trying to get people to make suggestions and now, I am beginning to think no one really cares if this Chapter is successful or not!!!

I have written this without the knowledge of Paul or Dave...so this will be a surprise to them too!!! I've comes to wits end trying to keep this thing going....

If nobody can help us with the Chapter, I'm making a motion at the next meeting that we simply give all our members to Delaware or West Virginia or California or wherever and we can call it a day!

That said, does any of the Maryland Chapter members have any suggestions on where they woulld like to have the September meeting on Sept 28th....or any OTHER date! If there are no other suggestions, Dave, Paul and I will meet at our convenience and decide on how to desolve this Chapter!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Post Fiend
Well I do now and I am in total agreement with you Bud.
As much as I like having a Maryland chapter rather than MidAtlantic
and part of another state I don't know what else to do.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
flathead95hp
Posting Guru
Couldn't agree more, Bud. It's sad to think that nobody gives a damn but Dave,Bud and myself. All that is asked of the members is to participate once in a while and I know that we all have live's outside of the chapter, but you have to make an effort in participating once in a while. We can't make all the decisions, we need input in order to make the chapter better. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

That 2 cents is worth a million, Paul!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Jermafenser
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had to read up and take a poke around these chapters.

Bud, when you said there isn't really a chapter here, just a few guys shooting crap -- that couldn't be said any more truer.

It would seem like you guys are pretty good friends while the others are infrequent visitors such as me. I come here as often as I can. I work two jobs currently to keep myself above water, and I'm going to quit one soon so I can go back to school. Needless to say I'm bad with the times. Going to meets is one of the lowest priorities. Besides, I'm hearing impaired...I wouldn't be much fun anyhow. We lost a few members this year, haven't we? I remember there were several more people at meets earlier this year.

I do have to say I think this chapter is too small to be useful. The Mid-Atlantic area is composed of several small states with the expectation of PA & NY. Most, if not all, members cross-post to several states as well. If we were to consolidate to just the mid-atlantic area, we'd be a lively bunch instead of being so segregated causing frustration from being so inactive in the states' chapters. Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Chad

Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Jermafenser

Bud, when you said there isn't really a chapter here, just a few guys shooting crap -- that couldn't be said any more truer.

It would seem like you guys are pretty good friends while the others are infrequent visitors such as me. I come here as often as I can. I work two jobs currently to keep myself above water, and I'm going to quit one soon so I can go back to school. Needless to say I'm bad with the times. Going to meets is one of the lowest priorities. Besides, I'm hearing impaired...I wouldn't be much fun anyhow. We lost a few members this year, haven't we? I remember there were several more people at meets earlier this year.

I do have to say I think this chapter is too small to be useful. The Mid-Atlantic area is composed of several small states with the expectation of PA & NY. Most, if not all, members cross-post to several states as well. If we were to consolidate to just the mid-Atlantic area, we'd be a lively bunch instead of being so segregated causing frustration from being so inactive in the states' chapters. Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Chad
Thanks for the input Chad at least you took the time to acknowledge the post.
No we didn't loose any members, well Chris and Shuan had personal reasons,
TB had no choice he crossed the line one too many times.

I understand trying to keep your head above water I changed jobs but that doesn't mean I'm making more.

All we really ask is for members to check in a few times a month to see whats going on give us some input that's all.
I say we Bud Paul and myself don't want to dissolve this chapter BUT, if we don't get some input it will happen.

As for being hearing impaired so is my wife and its not a big deal. If you go back to post 102 she wheels just fine

Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 AM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
im still here and participate as much as possible. but when you all are posting im working. when im posting your all sleeping. i might be able to make it to the thing on the 6th. depending on work. and should be able to make it to the 28 (if there are no bikes shows i have to work. i wont be able to drink at either like i would like to. but i will probably have to cut out of both events earlier than i would like so i can make it to work.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
CyberRad
Senior User
Ok, because I am getting tired of the old guys crying about no one cares about the club, we have 80 members but minimal participation, blah blah blah blah here is a suggestion for the 28th that I am sure will get shot down:

..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway - Budds Creek, MD ::..

It's the same thing I have been suggesting for awhile but we get groans about the distance. Just think of it this way, we here in Southern Maryland feel the same way when you guys suggest the locations up near Baltimore.

Also if we want a more active member base then we need to promote the club. We need to have club sponsored events/shows to get the name out there. Maybe do a charity drive or two. What about a cruise around 495 or something? We need to get noticed.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Originally Posted by CyberRad
Ok, because I am getting tired of the old guys crying about no one cares about the club, we have 80 members but minimal participation, blah blah blah blah here is a suggestion for the 28th that I am sure will get shot down:

..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway* -* Budds Creek, MD* ::..

It's the same thing I have been suggesting for awhile but we get groans about the distance. Just think of it this way, we here in Southern Maryland feel the same way when you guys suggest the locations up near Baltimore.

Also if we want a more active member base then we need to promote the club. We need to have club sponsored events/shows to get the name out there. Maybe do a charity drive or two. What about a cruise around 495 or something? We need to get noticed.
Now HERE is a great suggestion or two....but what we've found out is: lots won't show at a meet as they have to 'spend $' they don't have....Budd's Creek has an admission fee that some can not afford. The trip around the beltway (Balt one weekend, DC the next?) sounds intriguing.... all we need for that are lots of participants...anyone up for something like that? Need signs too!

Old 09-03-2008, 03:41 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Originally Posted by Jermafenser

I do have to say I think this chapter is too small to be useful. The Mid-Atlantic area is composed of several small states with the expectation of PA & NY. Most, if not all, members cross-post to several states as well. If we were to consolidate to just the mid-atlantic area, we'd be a lively bunch instead of being so segregated causing frustration from being so inactive in the states' chapters. Just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt.

Chad
Come on Chad...that hearing impared crap don't cut it....I wear one hearing aid now and have an appt for the other one next week....was jet mech in Navy for 20 years!

Consolidation into Mid-Atlantic sounds great on paper...but what that does is make the trip to meets that much longer....imagine traveling to WV, DE or NJ/NY for meets! We can't even get eastern MD and western MD together!

We aren't "TOO SMALL". We have 80 plus members!

What the problem is, is apathy....everyone has an excuse! No money -- too far --- I work on Sunday!!! But have we gotten ONE suggestion on how that ONE person COULD make it to a meet if we did THIS or something else???? Hell NO! I wanna belong, but I don't wanna DO ANYTHING!!!!

We either get our 'stuff' together or quit making excuses and just quit!

We are OPEN for suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 PM
CyberRad
Senior User
Originally Posted by CyberRad

..:: Maryland Int'l Raceway* -* Budds Creek, MD* ::..

Just to pre-empt those people who say "but we can print FTE flyers and put them on people's trucks to spread the word". NO! I don't know about the rest of you guys but I take care of my truck. When I see those damn things on my windshield all I want to do is find the guy who decided they had a right to touch my truck. I'll leave it to the imagination of the fine folks here to think of what I would like to do to those guys .

Originally Posted by BPofMD
Now HERE is a great suggestion or two....but what we've found out is: lots won't show at a meet as they have to 'spend $' they don't have....Budd's Creek has an admission fee that some can not afford. The trip around the beltway (Balt one weekend, DC the next?) sounds intriguing.... all we need for that are lots of participants...anyone up for something like that? Need signs too!
What about Crofton or Bowie for a central location? Why don't we have a mandatory meeting some where central. If someone can't make it then tell them they have to come to the next one or force expulsion (On of our rules is to be active). This will get us our accurate count and we can come up with an actual plan to promote this club. In other words one way or another we need to take inventory of our members and their ideas and groans. We need to have a brain storm session.

If one of the "Leaders" wants to talk to me about my ideas or they just need help with the club then PM me and I can call.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suggestions - Discussions On Where To Meet!