Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Cleaning up members page

Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Cleaning up members page

So, I need to make a decision regarding members to remove. And this one is.. A bit harsh in a way.
But we have some members who do not post in the forum here, and also have emails and PM's turned off for the sight, So even if I wanted to contact them about events and such, They have not provided me a way.
Most of these members have low post counts, but do log on to the sight, but not necessarily join here.

Do you guys think I should remove them from our member list or keep them?
Any people who don't participate in the sight, I remove them all together if they have not logged on for at least 8 months.

The higher the user's post count, however, the longer I will wait to delete from the list.

So, should i delete these people from our member list since I cannot contact them?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
on another note as well.

TJBeggs has the most posts of any Michigan Member at over 9k!

Go tim..
You looser. ahahahaha.

J/k

Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
My thought is if they are not posting regularly and have the PM turned off they are just brousing and probably would not attend any of the gatherings anyway, BUT they're not hurting anything either.

If anybody doesn't check out what is going on here on a regular basis, they are missing out anyway.

I try to at least run through everyday, and if I can add a little discomfort to someones day than I am happy

Toyman

Old 08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
ProblemChild
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Aside from a some good information, this place is full of sarcasm and some humor. I think I found my kinda people.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
We like to cause some havoc. Yes. =)

Old 08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
I try to get on here when i can, but i have to avoid some topics posted on the 53-60 forum

Old 09-01-2008, 10:30 AM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Doesn't cost anything to keep them on. keep them for now but don't plan anything with those numbers included. Just go by the active users.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Dark Stone 1
New User
Here's my opinion from the point of view of the people you are talking about. I am far from an expert on most of the topics on this site so for the most part I read. I don't log in unless I have a meaningful contribution. IF I have a question I search. Not because I don't want to engage the others but because most newbe questions are responded to with the "did you search it" answer. I have no idea what the advantages of joining this chapter are other than to be counted in the ranks. I would however be interested in meetings or what ever to look at other's trucks and show mine off. Or just sit down and have a beer. So I'd say don't kick them off unless it's really an inconvienance to you to have there names sitting on your list.

John

Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Well, when I go though the books, I look to see who logs in.
If they log in a lot, but dont post, I do not delete them.

The only problem with not posting a lot is you don't get PM's or EMail feature for a while.

We would be more then happy to have you participate here in the michigan forum, and all the members here are always willing to answer any tech questions.

Some forums do that "did you research it" crap, other forums will just answer your questions.
I rarely have any luck with the search feature.
Matter a fact, if i have questions for my gasser, i post it in the diesel forum because they are a much better and more knowlegeable group of guys.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Talyn
Matter a fact, if i have questions for my gasser, i post it in the diesel forum because they are a much better and more knowlegeable group of guys.
Yes we are!!!! LOL I say leave them on. I don't think it will hurt anything. But don't go out of your way to contact them is PM's and emails don't work.. BTW with 9000 post how many of your phone calls do I have to miss before I get written off??? JOKING WILLIAM!!

Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
Yes we are!!!! LOL I say leave them on. I don't think it will hurt anything. But don't go out of your way to contact them is PM's and emails don't work.. BTW with 9000 post how many of your phone calls do I have to miss before I get written off??? JOKING WILLIAM!!
LOL

Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Just need to give you the boot in the *** to get you on the call back.

you F-er, you didn't even call me back on my birthday. I'm really dissapointed in you.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

I did check you message this morning though........ Been an interesting week for me sorry. I think I am going back to being a mechanic. Had a meeting with the Board yesterday afternoon and probably make it official this Sunday.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Sgt Wonderful
More Turbo
I say leave them on. What does it hurt? There are always more on-lookers then doers.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 AM
390428cjt
Senior User
removal of members

I say leave them alone some get lost and some are busy,,,they all find there way back at some point in time,,,maybe after a year or so then evaluate them on log in time. Heck I had some post removed just the other day by the idiots that play GOD around here. ____ > so much for free speech

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cleaning up members page