1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

today was the meeting of 2 great minds!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:57 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking today was the meeting of 2 great minds!!

I was in my usual ford truck mode today,and ups driver just delivered my 56 F100 Parts and It was like a Christmas present--from mid-50s and I just got them opened when a dude walked down my drive and I thought it was a tourist lost and looking for lake Erie.
Well I met 4tl8ford--Dick today and we had quite a day!!
He is a funny cool dude that loves old trucks and fishing and guns and ...well a very entertaining guy!!
I have spoke on the phone and wrote back and forth ..but this was our 1st get-together...so we looked at all my 56 ford trucks and he is interested in my f600. Anyway...we talked like to ole school buddies and our stories were fascinating,and to all that do not know Dick--he is full of smarts and a fun guy to have around.
Anyway,always glad to meet a fellow FTEr and Dick is now a bud!!
I hope he had fun looking at all my trucks and parts and got home before dark...I could not believe it was 7 o'clock when he left/ felt like 4 o'clock --it was a blast!!! 1 funny dude!!......Bill

Old 08-15-2008, 09:03 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
That must have been quite an experience! Face-to-face is much better than on-line. BobbyT and Damon Fay (dffay) came over last weekend to shoot the bull for a while, was a great time. I'd love to meet Dick some day!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Nice to hear you got to meet someone face to face it sure is interesting to meet people in person you meet online first

Old 08-15-2008, 09:21 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
I try to meet FTE members whenever I travel. I met Dick two years ago, I think it was two years ago, maybe it was three, when I bought my panel on uPay. The panel was in Palmyra, PA, next to Hershey and I made a point of going to NE PA to meet a friend I met on the Bonus Built site and then we headed toward Erie. We spent quite a few hours in his back yard talking trucks and other things. Dick and I had been emailing since we met on FTE many years before when the site first started. It was great meeting Dick in person, he did not disappoint. Dick is a very unique individual, the same as he presents himself on the board. I only wish I had more time and money to travel to meet more members.

So far my list of FTErs I have met:

Dick, 4tl8ford, in PA
Stu, truckdog, in IL
Roger, rcav8or, in IN
Mark, chassisman, in IN
Ilya, 51panelman, in CA
Scott, Havi, in MN
Chris, Christopher2, in MN
and my good friend and local FTEr Craig,Dumptrkr in WI.

There might be a few more I've met but can't think of any right now so I apologize if I forgot someone.

One thing I will say about the people I have met here, and through the old truck hobby, is everyone has been great to meet with and talk to. I have only met one dud, he's not listed and not associated with FTE, and he was total jerk but I figure you have to have a bad apple in every group.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Aussie 53
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming from across the Pacific I don't get to meet you guys, only on line. Though while I was over your way recently I met, B/Bford, Randyjack, Numberdummy, Eds56 and a couple of people. I must say everyone that I have met so far are real genuine people. When I visit in 2010 I will certainly a few more of you guys as I travel across your big country. (with the 53 I hope)
Paul

Old 08-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Sadly I think it`ll be a long while before I`m in any parts of your country again.
It would be so great to meet at least some of you, swap stories/lies and get to check out your rides!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:48 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Yes,there are some good relationships that come from ole ford trucks. I have to say Dick is a genuine real deal!! haha
He can make you laugh and then he can tell a good story. I liked him!!
I have met some good friends and hope to meet more. Dick evn was taken to my overflow lot ---a property across the road of mine.....neighbors call it ''Bill's overflow ford truck corral''--haha!! Bill

Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 PM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
a dude walked down my drive and I thought it was a tourist lost and looking for lake Erie.
Well I met 4tl8ford--Dick today and we had quite a day!!
Bill - from what I hear, you need to check all your toolboxes!!!

Kidding, of course! It's pretty nice meeting people off the list, I've met Bob J., and Craig, though not together. It's nice to talk to people who REALLY appreciate what we do - I have friends that "sorta" know what I'm doing, but no one but an old truck owner, really knows what all goes into doing one of these - the work is almost secondary to the parts hunting, bartering, and just plain camaraderie...

That being said, I'd STILL check my toolboxes!!

R

Old 08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Hey - I thought I was gonna be able to start this lie, late as usual.
It's 2:00PM Sat. and my mind finally finished processing everything Bill said. Man, that guy can talk. I even had to hold up my hands and signal time out, just to get a word or two in.
What a blast, I even got to see the first jail out side of PA that I got to spend the night in, just a few blocks from Bill's house.
Roaming around his place is like a real clean pick-a-part and a museum combined.
Oh - one of the really neat things is that we went to different schools and at different times together, I couldn't believe it.

I know this may be hard to believe just from reading Bils and my posts, but I thing He may be even stranger than I am. WOW.

Hey Bill - I'll Be Back.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:36 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Glad you got home safe and sound. I am done for today,and ready for the local car shows. Feels good to get some things done.
I have no doubt that I am probably weird,but in a good way-haha!! After all I have nearly a dozen 56 ford trucks---to some I am weird!!
Terri didn't know who you were ,Dick---so she went out and did some wrenchin'---she wanted to meet ya,but maybe next time.
Bill

Old 08-16-2008, 06:59 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
I know this may be hard to believe just from reading Bils and my posts, but I thing He may be even stranger than I am. WOW.
Dick, is that really possible?

Old 08-16-2008, 07:57 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I say it is a tie!!!! haha!!! Bob--Wish I knew you then and would have enjoyed meeting you too. Bill