Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Big problems with tranny shop

Old 08-13-2008, 04:38 PM
nhill2090
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big problems with tranny shop

Well guys, haven't had much time to post lately, but I'm here in a rush because I know you guys always steer me in the right direction.

My transmission that I had rebuilt a little under a year and 20,000 miles ago let the torque converter go a couple weeks ago. Instead of replacing it with the same single disc, I had it replaced with a suncoast triple disc. The shop did a heck of a job cutting me a deal considering I was way over warranty mileage (12,000). The cut my labor charge way down to practically nothign. On top of that, they warrantied the single still and only made me pay the difference between the single and the triple. I was stoked to get it bakc.

However, when I went to pick it up, I noticed mass amounts of rubber completely covering the bottom half of my 7" tip, in the fender lip, in the fender well, fender and bumper. Unfortunately posi wasn't working

TO make a long story short, the owner basically was backing his employee until I threatened to have the credit card company dispute the charge. Then he was willing to work with me. At first, he only wanted to give me $100 for compensation for my brand new (with less than 1500 miles) $450/piece tires.

Now he wants me to come down to the town he is in (about 60 miles or so away from where I live). He wants to use his auto body shop he goes to across the street and nobody else. I told him that I want him to pay for my fuel if I'm driving all the way there for "his" body shop. He did not like that idea and said he was "trying to deal with me". He also wants to pro-rate my brand new tires to pay for it. He wants me to use "his" tire shop down there as well..

What do ya'll think? Woudl you replace one tire and not 2. THe culprit tire was 1/2 of a 32 lower than the rest.

Other than that the tranny is great

Old 08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I hear what you are saying, but the fact that he is working with you sounds like it is better than it could be. If he is willing to get you a brand new tire and the other one wasn't torn up sounds like a good compromise. What do you need a body shop for? I must have missed that part.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
nhill2090
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HKusp
I hear what you are saying, but the fact that he is working with you sounds like it is better than it could be. If he is willing to get you a brand new tire and the other one wasn't torn up sounds like a good compromise. What do you need a body shop for? I must have missed that part.

The body shop is becaues I would rather not spend the 2 hours the body shop quoted for the removal of all the tar and rubber. In most places its not speckles of tar and rubber, its solid masses.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, Nic, long time no post. I would make him pay for wear and tear of your engine, rear end and anything else you can think of. What did they do, burnouts? Power braking? I would be on his azz big time. I would also use the shop I want, and the tire store I want. I don't know how far I would go with that but I would get mine. That would **** me off so bad.

Good luck.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I would be pissed also. You better take pictures. Might need them. I baby my truck and someone beating it up would aggravate me to no end. He has been working with you or not, that is unacceptable i would be disputing it. With pictures of the tires and there measurements, the rubber all over. Well document with pictures.. That is pure bad business.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
OKay, you guys have convinced me. Effe him. Stop the payment on the credit card until he does exactly like you want him to. I didn't realize the amount of rubber we were talking about here. That is damage and I bet the idiot wasn't looking at EGT's while he was abusing the truck.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious to see pictures. I am having a hard time imagining the amount of rubber and the damage you are describing.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Mike Norwood
Elder User

Some idiot was burning your tires off? I would be highly tempted to tell them exactly what I wanted fixed and how I wanted it fixed or he could be talking to my lawyer, his choice. I wouldn't take any of his mess.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I know it's against policy here discussing lawsuits.....so we won't discuss it Nick. We'll let YOU discuss that with your lawyer that you should be calling ASAP. They had absolutely NO RIGHT to mistreat your truck like that. They call that a test drive????? OMG I would frikkin FREAK OUT and probably get thrown in jail if I discovered somebody did that without my knowledge!!!!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Norwood
Some idiot was burning your tires off? I would be highly tempted to tell them exactly what I wanted fixed and how I wanted it fixed or he could be talking to my lawyer, his choice. I wouldn't take any of his mess.
I'm with Mike on this...dispute the payment. His employees, as I read this, abused your truck and now he wants to spell out the terms of settlement? To me that would be like my cheating on my wife, she catches me, and then I spell out the terms of my impending death! This guy ought to be falling all over himself trying to make you happy on your terms.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:21 PM
orng1
Postmaster
I wonder if you can file charges for destruction of private property?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Mike Norwood
Elder User

Originally Posted by orng1
I wonder if you can file charges for destruction of private property?
I know that I would be talking to my local sheriff, but then again I work for him as a special deputy.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would be pissssssed to high end that somebody would do that to my truck. Do what the guys said above, stop payment and take pics and tell him WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. Bad bussiness practices PERIOD.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
brentos
Junior User
Originally Posted by miller_feed
. I would make him pay for wear and tear of your engine, rear end and anything else you can think of
That is like a endless goose chase on that turd nic drives with only a meer crap ton of hard miles the tranny shop would go out of business with that bill. Oh and so you guys no this is normal wear and tear on this truck nothing out of the ordinary.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Norwood
I know that I would be talking to my local sheriff, but then again I work for him as a special deputy.
A police report might come in handy if you later have to dispute the credit card charges, contact your insurance carrier, or possibly dispute resolution through an outside hired source.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big problems with tranny shop