1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

In addition to blowby, rough idle, and so much more!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 12:01 AM
ftowelding
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In addition to blowby, rough idle, and so much more!!

So the blowby post didn't yield any results, but is still an issue with this new truck. In addition to the blowby issue it also has a cold start problem. I have checked and replaced the valve cover gaskets, uvc's, and the guy I got the truck from just had the gp's replaced. Changing the uvc's helped the rough idle issues some, but it still has a slight miss and a hesitation. He also had a new turbo put on it, not completely sure why. If the old turbo quit or scattered this could explain some of the other problems. One thing that I am having a problem with is that the WTS lamp only comes on for maybe 5 seconds regardless of the temps. It has been down into the low 40's this week in the mornings and I have been letting the gp's run until the volt meter has come back up and the gpr has kicked out. It has a new alternator, batts, IPR overhaul, still needs to have the CPS recall done on it. Any help getting me started on the right path would be great. I have all of my performance goodies ready to install, but want to take care of the basics first.
Thanks, Justin

Old 08-14-2008, 08:13 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like its time for a compression test. Blow by and miss when cold are common low compression issues. Old turbo was probably dusted.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
The lamp for the WTS is independent of GP on times ( just a reminder)...

Old 08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Flea
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the CPS? I learned that even if it was replaced only 5 days ago, BY THE DEALER, it can still be a bad one.
My truck wouldn't start and then would run for 30 min then only 3.

Replace the CPS and be done with it.