BEYOND "Chrome Shop"... Big trucks gone insane - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Reload this Page >

BEYOND "Chrome Shop"... Big trucks gone insane

Notices
General Automotive Discussion

Old 08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation

In Japan - it is called "DEKOTORA", which means simply "Decorated Truck".

I reserve my own opinions on it except to say that what you see at the following link is for real. WAY OVER THE TOP, but they really are as shown... They are real trucks - not computer generated stuff. Even though it may appear.... OTHERWISE

Dekotora photo galleries ::: Pink Tentacle

Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
NH-Hottie
Postmaster
NH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud of
Just a teeny bit over the top. Who needs bling when you can put lights on like Vegas. Well at least they are pretty. But you guys wouldn't drive 'pretty', would you.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Now THAT was ugly! And no Robin, I don't think many FTE'ers will drive one of those.................. Except maybe Tim

Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
It opens up a lot of possibilities - but it just doesn't fit the picture of what american drivers want in a machine.

I have to give it this much though - what they have done with that IS in a way impressive. The innovation alone is stunning, as is the visual impact.

But on that note - no state trooper on this continent would allow a thing like that on the road without about a thousand equipment violations!!!

Originally Posted by NH Hottie
Just a teeny bit over the top. Who needs bling when you can put lights on like Vegas. Well at least they are pretty. But you guys wouldn't drive 'pretty', would you.
Hell, babe - pretty as you are I'd drive you anywhere you wanted to go! But the "Taxi Cab" song by Harry Chapin comes to mind...

(Don't you DARE say: "Keep the change"!)

Old 08-13-2008, 06:06 PM
preppypyro
Posting Legend
preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Almost like a slot machine on wheels

I once got a stunting ticket for gluing beer bottles on a grad truck me and some friends made, i wonder if that guy gets a few stuntin tickets?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
DaMole has a very good reputation on FTE.DaMole has a very good reputation on FTE.DaMole has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wow thats a little excessive. That just goes to show you everybody is different.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Svets96
Senior User
Svets96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I second that, a little to over the top for me. Almost looks like your at a carnival.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
jimdandy
Posting Guru
jimdandy has a good reputation on FTE.jimdandy has a good reputation on FTE.jimdandy has a good reputation on FTE.
I don't know. Some of the rigs I see lately are getting to be rolling light shows. I like the trucks by the way, but then I like flashy.jd

Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Bruker
Posting Guru
Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.Bruker has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth...

Old 08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Ford_Six
Super Moderator
Ford_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputationFord_Six has a superb reputation
Also available in bike form:

Old 08-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
Sycostang67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Sycostang67 has a very good reputation on FTE.Sycostang67 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like putting lights on my truck, but thats too much, even for me. It is pretty impressive though for what it is.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
I've done my fair share of bicycling - and the first thing I learned was keep it LIGHT!
Not keep it lighted....

That thing must be a mother bear to pedal.

Each society around the world has priorities in design, so it seems to me. What is cool in one area is different in another, for instance:
In the USA it is driven by speed, and power - BRUTISH if it needs be.
In Italy, automotive design is a form of art.
In Germany a combination of functionality and cutting edge design with a certain "NICENESS" blended in.
FRANCE? "It moves - so this is GREAT!"
Great Britain tends towards opulence within the means available.

What THAT is (dekotora) I really have no idea...
Excess expressed in an entirely new way.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
gweeds
Elder User
gweeds is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by NH-Hottie View Post
Who needs bling when you can put lights on like Vegas.
Hey, a guy on my street put a light-up "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign in his front yard, and it's annoying!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
they have a video game with the trucks in them....i was watching one of the related videos and at the end it said "Press Start", the video i watched (different from the OPs) was a CG one...

heres the intro to the video game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb87W...eature=related

Old 08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
I wonder just what lights are legal in the USA.

We don't normally see anything except red, white, or yellow.

Blue? Green? Purple? I don't think so...

Blue is normally reserved for police usage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BEYOND "Chrome Shop"... Big trucks gone insane

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.