1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing 08 mirrors on 01 Superduty, looking for wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Highmark18
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing 08 mirrors on 01 Superduty, looking for wiring diagrams

I will be installing some 08 mirrors I just purchased on my 01 Superduty, and was hoping somebody here had a wiring diagram or information. I currently have power mirrors, but not heated. The 08 mirrors have power and are heated, but are manual extend and fold. Please let me know if anyone has some info on this, thanks!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
big yeller
Junior User
I don't know if this will help but, you might try contacting the
guys at FETPartsGuy (a sponsor of FTE) or also try dfuser.com.
They also sell mirror retro kits, and maybe able to help.
Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...ml#post6356625

here is a link to a thread i started with the same topic. I took information from the links in the 4th post and kinda figured it out.

I also got information from this post

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-all-done.html

it was very helpful

if you have any questions just ask me..... i ran into some problems doing this but the wiring went pretty smoothly

Old 08-12-2008, 08:53 PM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
here is another link i forgot...also very helpful!

New Mirror installation

Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Highmark18
Senior User
Thanks mstiles19, I will let you know how it goes (doing them this weekend), and if I run into a snag I may bounce a question or 2 off you if you don't mind.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Highmark18
Senior User
Got the mirrors on-they are great! I didn't have time to wire in the lights, but I got the power wired and ran all the wiring under the dash, just need to hook it up when I get a chance. I will try to post pics when I get a chance. Great update from the small paddle mirrors, especially when pulling the 36 footer!

Old 08-22-2008, 12:53 AM
fivonut
Tuned
Originally Posted by Highmark18
Got the mirrors on-they are great! I didn't have time to wire in the lights, but I got the power wired and ran all the wiring under the dash, just need to hook it up when I get a chance. I will try to post pics when I get a chance. Great update from the small paddle mirrors, especially when pulling the 36 footer!
I was pretty pleased when I got mine up and running too. For the heater I just took switched power from the power windows, parking lights came right off the headlight switch and turns are around the steering column. I don't remember the wire colors but they're around here somewhere.

Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Highmark18

Just wait till you get them hooked up. The lights looks awesome! Goodluck with the rest and glad you like them!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
bronco slim
New User
I got a quick question. Which light is the turn signal and which one is the parking light? I guess it dosent matter, but how does the factory have them?
Also I have different color wires to operate the mirrors. But it wasent hard to figure out.
I can not wait to install these. My drivers side is broken and is sucks trying to back up my trailer.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 AM
kengarchow
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
top is blinker
bottom is running

to make mirrors move left and right correct you have to take apart mirror and switch wires on servos both sides. other wise they will move backwards

there is a great post on it. did it to mine before i installed them

Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
bronco slim
New User
Originally Posted by kengarchow
top is blinker
bottom is running

to make mirrors move left and right correct you have to take apart mirror and switch wires on servos both sides. other wise they will move backwards

there is a great post on it. did it to mine before i installed them
Thanks for the reply. I actully put them on the truck last night without wiring them. I did run into a snag. There is a little plastic tab that I had to use a hammer and break off because they would not sit flush on the door. Oh well just took me about 20min of scratching my head to figure out. I did find that post about the mirrors moving backwards. I am going to go run the wires and hook them up now. Then I will take apart the mirrors and fix the servo wires. THanks again. Mike

Old 02-19-2009, 12:15 PM
kengarchow
Laughing Gas
you have to grind that positioning tab off

Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
bronco slim
New User
you have to grind that positioning tab off
I just wacked it with a hammer and broke it off. Took like 2 secs.

Now I can not figure out the driver door wiring. I only have three wires coming out of the door and three going to the mirror. No matter which way I wire them up the mirror does not move. What did you do? The passenger side did just like what everybody else said. left would go right and right would go left. My truck is a 99 dont know if that matters or not.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
kengarchow
Laughing Gas
pass work, driver not

that is strange, can you test the original mirror to make sure it is not the switch

if i recall he colors even matched up
you arent getting one of the light wires switched with the mirror control wires are you

test to see if you get the top and bottom lights to work with the wires left, if not then there is a mix up

Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 PM
bronco slim
New User
that is strange, can you test the original mirror to make sure it is not the switch

if i recall he colors even matched up
you arent getting one of the light wires switched with the mirror control wires are you

test to see if you get the top and bottom lights to work with the wires left, if not then there is a mix up
I got the other stuff to work. I just cant get the left mirror to move unless I jump the wires on the mirror itself. I am begining to think it is the switch. But it is weird I can use my meter and get voltage to the wires when I move the switch around. I cant use the original mirror because it got destroyed in a minor accident. THat is why I bought these mirrors. I might be able to test the old right mirror on the left side. The way I have it wired now is as follows.
Red-Red
Yellow-Yellow
Blue-Black/Grey spots

I am going to see if a guy I know will let me test my switch in his superduty. It worked before the mirror exploded. Thats what is driving me crazy.
Do you know if I have to take both mirrors apart and swap the wires to the motor or just the passenger side?

Quick Reply: Installing 08 mirrors on 01 Superduty, looking for wiring diagrams