Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

My new 6.7 is burning oil !!! Very disappointed.

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 6.7 is burning oil !!! Very disappointed.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:44 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
Not true. The Urea system is being implemented to allow the diesel engine to perform at normal levels without the assosiated restrictions and added fuel consumption.
Pure fantasy, you will still have EGR and a DPF.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
Yup, The Urea injection system is just so they can reduce NOX emissions,thats it. So you still have the DPF and EGR. The main benefit of Urea is that you can use less EGR then in the NOX absorber system that is in use right now, so mileage will be *SLIGHTLY* up, and the insides of your engine will stay a bit cleaner. But at the expense you need to fill it up every 5,000-10,000 miles.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
sawtooth
Elder User
sawtooth is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
well that sucks. I was reading truck trends last week and it said the new system is about half the price of the old. So how is it then the new system will be all the same stuff plus more but is cheaper in cost. Makes no sense to me.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.origcharger has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
well that sucks. I was reading truck trends last week and it said the new system is about half the price of the old. So how is it then the new system will be all the same stuff plus more but is cheaper in cost. Makes no sense to me.

Half the price or half again the price?
It will be closer to; 2007 emissions upcharge $2,000, 2010 emissions upcharge $1,000, total $3,000

Old 03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
sawtooth
Elder User
sawtooth is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
it says about $800 for the new urea system and vs. $1800 for the older 2007 system. Go figure.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:57 PM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Here is a write up outlining Dodge's system, note the drawing near mid page showing EGR-DPF-SCR system.

Chrysler Diesel Exhaust Fluid System Previews NOx Reduction Solutions for 2010 - PickupTrucks.com News

Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 PM
poppie
Senior User
poppie is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is a sneekie way for the goverment to get control over diesel pu's,keep raiseing the price's due to more **** control and the issue's with all the crap hanging on the motor's and the issue's the crap causes like, sticking egr's, Diesel Technician Society ,leaking egr cooler's, sticking turbo vane's, Diesel Technician Society , diesel particulate filter's, Diesel Technician Society ,btw on 6.4's you have 2 X's the egr's & turbo's that you had on a 6.0, you just may end up with 2 X's the issue's, and they may sell fewer diesel PU'S if people get sick of the BS,it's kind of like gun control,no need to ban gun's,just have each shell micro stamped with an ID # and that alone will raise the price to the point avg Joe can't afford to go to the range,ammo price's this year are allready 2 X's what they were a year ago with out any micro stamping cost ,(357.40 & 45's) running .40-.50 cent's a round,yea,let's go blow off a hundred round's at the range,it's only $40 or $50 buck's,Iv'e posted this before,here's a time line on NOx reduction's in Ford diesel PU's from 1991 to the new level's due out in 2010, Diesel Technician Society , this is just job security for cubical mind's at the EPA, "I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!!!,IT'S THE GOVERMENT I HATE"

Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
poppie
Senior User
Originally Posted by poppie View Post
This is a sneekie way for the goverment to get control over diesel pu's,keep raiseing the price's due to more **** control and the issue's with all the crap hanging on the motor's and the issue's the crap causes like, sticking egr's, Diesel Technician Society ,leaking egr cooler's, sticking turbo vane's, Diesel Technician Society , diesel particulate filter's, Diesel Technician Society ,btw on 6.4's you have 2 X's the egr's & turbo's that you had on a 6.0, you just may end up with 2 X's the issue's, and they may sell fewer diesel PU'S if people get sick of the BS,it's kind of like gun control,no need to ban gun's,just have each shell micro stamped with an ID # and that alone will raise the price to the point avg Joe can't afford to go to the range,ammo price's this year are allready 2 X's what they were a year ago with out any micro stamping cost ,(357.40 & 45's) running .40-.50 cent's a round,yea,let's go blow off a hundred round's at the range,it's only $40 or $50 buck's,Iv'e posted this before,here's a time line on NOx reduction's in Ford diesel PU's from 1991 to the new level's due out in 2010, Diesel Technician Society , this is just job security for cubical mind's at the EPA, "I LOVE MY COUNTRY!!!!!,IT'S THE GOVERMENT I HATE"
----------------this site is making it hard to copy and paste link's,here's the menu for ford doctor'd dts, Diesel Technician Society , READ.still not working,i'll try typing it in by hand , [url]www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles

Last edited by poppie; 03-17-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: link's will not show
Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 PM
poppie
Senior User
OK,this work's,go to yahoo search and type in ,ford doctors dts and when the page load's look for article's on the left side and click,cleaning the egr, sticking turbo,DPF are in there,the egr cooler leak's are not,SORRY for all the hoop's.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster
rollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud ofrollerstud98 has much to be proud of
6.4 does have 2 egr coolers, but it only has 1 egr valve still. Only one of the two turbos is VGT

Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rollerstud98 View Post
6.4 does have 2 egr coolers, but it only has 1 egr valve still. Only one of the two turbos is VGT
And the cooling system components including EGR coolers are plumbed in paralel on the 6.4 as opposed to the series plumbing on the 6.0 which proved to be its "Achilles heal"