Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Lookin' for land in all the wrong places......

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:59 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lookin' for land in all the wrong places......

Hi, all,

Help me out with my retirement plans!

Soon to be moving back into good ole PA. Retirement just around the corner. We have been searching for property (land, land w/house) etc without much luck. We have pursued realtors, newspaper ads, craigslist, etc. Anyone know something coming available after the first of the year, would appreciate a PM. Prefer Adams, Franklin, Fulton, Juniata or Perry counties, but open to any suggestions. Conventional mortgage, land contract, contract for deed, etc, with cash down payment. Thanks all.............

Old 12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean . Realtors just dot do the land track thing. Try running a add in paper . I don't getup that way any more I live in Clearfield county.

How much land??

Does Craig's list show anything? I never find anything for this area at all on there. Pittsburgh Area yes.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:23 AM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Craig'slist generally shows nothing.....and no responses to date on a "wanted" ad. As to how much land ...whatever comes along will be considered. We are flexible. You know - if land, room for house & garage. If house, has to have garage or room for one. If it has a garage that is bigger than the house, that's a +!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:43 AM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Well I hope u find some thing . Yea craigs is a joke around here.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:17 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Alchymist give this young man a call. His name is Eric Gossard and he works for Jack Gaughen Realtors here in Greencastle, Pa. Franklin Co. His number is (717)597-7090 I know the young feller personally. He used to be my "paper-boy"..my dog bit him once! I use his Dads shooting range right next door all the time. Don't know what he might have available but he sells alot of homes! Good luck to ya. Audie..the oldfart.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Originally Posted by oldfart
Alchymist give this young man a call. His name is Eric Gossard and he works for Jack Gaughen Realtors here in Greencastle, Pa. Franklin Co. His number is (717)597-7090 I know the young feller personally. He used to be my "paper-boy"..my dog bit him once! I use his Dads shooting range right next door all the time. Don't know what he might have available but he sells alot of homes! Good luck to ya. Audie..the oldfart.
OLD FART to the rescue. I knew I knew someone over there. Later

Old 12-16-2007, 06:09 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Yep. PM already sent. rep points, etc. Gonna call him on Monday!
Keep those suggestions comming....Don't get any better than this....

Old 12-16-2007, 08:26 PM
JJPMach1
Senior User
Did you try www.realtor.com

you can search all the MLS Listings that the Realtors get. That's what I use to search around da hood

Old 12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Yes, we spend quite a bit of time on line to various real estate sites. Problem with them is that they tend to group their listings around bigger cities, and a lot of the listings don't show up. Plus we would not be adverse to land contract or contract for deed type situations, which realtors don't do.. Do appreciate the suggestion, tho......

Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Lewistown, Mifflintown anyone??

Anyone from the Mifflintown area? Looking at a house near Mifflin, would like some comments on the area......

Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Lewistown? State College? Port Royal?? Anyone????

Old 06-13-2008, 08:12 PM
F250army45d
Elder User
Well I have family in Portroyal and MifflinTown along with EastWaterford I used to spend every summer there when I was younger working fields fishing swimming and hunting. I like it there other then getting gas on Sunday and having to travel to get to a major store. Ok the gas comment a few years ago you could not find a gas station open on sunday. If it wasn't for my job I would live in that area.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
My buddy from college lives right outside of Lewistown about 5 minutes off 322. Doesn't seem too bad have been up there a few times. Theres some wood land around and the Juniata River is close by. 322 can be brutal, my buddy is on the fire dept. He says the wrecks can be bad, especially in the narrows. Buddy also says a lot of people have drug problems in Lewistown but of course thats everywhere. I think I would rather live in this area than where I do now, closer to the mountains.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:31 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 845 Likes on 764 Posts
Just checked a foreclosure site there are a lot listed in those counties. Maybe check with banks REO (real estate owned). There are also listings for distressed owners in bankruptcy, who may be willing to sell before being foreclosed on. Also many Gov't listings. PM me if you want further info. George

Old 07-11-2008, 08:10 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Question Went and done it....

Bought one - just outside of Mifflin. Now the work starts - renovations, moving, and oh yeah, the grass is about 3 feet high..........!!