General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

"Envy Guy", a kinder friendlier condition...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 09:48 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have just completed stage one of what will be a total of 4800 miles of driving over the next few weeks, much of which will include metropolitan areas.

From what I went through so far in dealing with the fine products of modern drivers education programs (from public schools, naturally), it quickly became obvious that either I would develop an immunity to road rage, run out of profanity and commence recycling, or think of a politically correct perspective to view these "Special Individuals" from...

And so I came up with the following:

THAT:

There are in fact no imbeciles, no idiots, no dummies, no STUPID MOTHER ******* SONS OF *****es!!!, (etc, etc...) on the road today.

Instead, we have what are more correctly referred to as "Unfortunate Victims of NVGAI Syndrome". (pronounced "Envy Guy")

It is characteristic of this disability (for such is what it is) that the victims seem to have mental or motor impairments which prevent effective normal functioning of basic decision making and/or reflexive capabilities such as are expected of normal, rational, intelligent individuals. And this extends to cause such additional problems as chemical, alcohol, or cell-telephone dependancies that create an even higher degree of disability and disfunction.

NVGAI syndrome is a quasi-laboratory acronym which properly stands for (fasten your seatbelts folks, here it comes!) "[font color=red]NOT VERY GOOD AT IT[/font]" syndrome, and it can be applied therefore to just about any field of endeavor or area of skill or expertise.

THUS; I can now view the **** that cuts me off in traffic in a butchered small car, with a maxwell house can for a muffler tip, while a cell phone is stuck in his/her ear as a conveniently labeleable and quite normal hazard of our modern world, without taking personal affront or making caustic commentary as regards that persons probable ancestry and sexual conduct. It is merely another exemple of NVGAI persons in our society.

And therefore also, instead of arguing with the professional version of same at work, I can calmly comment "You're envy-guy, aren't you?" and get on with my day without picking up an unwanted resentment of any kind.

As to the root cause however - there I may still have to refer to older, more familiar explanations such as that briefly outlined in the paragraph above...

('Hope this brightens your day!) >=o)

Old 11-20-2002, 10:11 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

man i like that version alot better than just telling someone, "Hey you big ****"

I'd say that it's politicaly correct to call someone an "envy guy"....

Old 11-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

*ROFLOL*

You saw it first right here at FTE!!! I wrote that after reading another post here...

I just sent off a copy to my local AM talk radio station - how much you want to bet it becomes a buzz-phrase real soon?

~Wolf

Old 11-20-2002, 10:31 PM
basstardo
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you send it to Tommy & Rumble? They'd probably get a kick out of it. I did! There's enough NVGAI's here in Turdwater to supply the rest of the commonwealth...

2002 F-250 Lariat, 7.3L PSD, 6 Spd Manual, 4x4 Off Road Package, Line-X Liner, plenty of mods planned, no money to do it yet...

Old 11-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

Good idea!

I sent it to Toni McRinie at WNIS, but I don't see why it can't go 2 places at once...

Old 11-21-2002, 06:28 AM
TallPaul
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post