Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F5 tuner from DP Tuners on the way!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
PSNut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
F5 tuner from DP Tuners on the way!

Just ordered my F5 from Jody the other day. Got: stock,60tow,80econo
tunes loaded into it.
How's the install?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:08 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
congrats Jim..your going to love that new toy....we need to hook up here some day..install is more nerve racking then any thing at first..but its pretty simple
Diesel Movies - I install a DPTuner F5 chip in my buddies truck. Positions were Stock hi idle 60tow 80econo 120 race 140smoke.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Good movie Ron...thanks! Looking forward to having the selectability now.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
greedy737
Elder User
greedy737 has a good reputation on FTE.greedy737 has a good reputation on FTE.greedy737 has a good reputation on FTE.
Nice Jim, I'm going to get one soon, wife permiting! Wish Jody was coming to Carlisle, PA. for the all trucks nationals next weekend! I would be coming home with one installed in my truck. sorry for the

Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
how come no 40 tow?? dont you come up this way on vaca some times??

Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by greedy737 View Post
Nice Jim, I'm going to get one soon, wife permiting! Wish Jody was coming to Carlisle, PA. for the all trucks nationals next weekend! I would be coming home with one installed in my truck. sorry for the
Wished DP was coming also, wife permiting,lol. Congrats on the DP, can't wait, next thing on my list...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke View Post
how come no 40 tow?? dont you come up this way on vaca some times??
My camper is 9500lbs so I went with Jody's recommended 60 tow(9k-13klbs). It tows pretty good with my 80 econo but I think she'll start running too hot when I get up in altitude.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
jhand124 has a very good reputation on FTE.jhand124 has a very good reputation on FTE.jhand124 has a very good reputation on FTE.jhand124 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by PSNut View Post
Just ordered my F5 from Jody the other day. Got: stock,60tow,80econo
tunes loaded into it.
How's the install?
Congrats on the DP, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Originally Posted by greedy737 View Post
You will love it also, best of luck with the approval.

Originally Posted by big poppa pump View Post
Wished DP was coming also, wife permiting,lol. Congrats on the DP, can't wait, next thing on my list...
Once the wife gives the OK watch out, you will need further approval for continuing mods

Old 07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by big poppa pump View Post
When I got my PCM with Jody's 80hp econo tune I couldn't believe the difference in response.Talk about a PSD on steroids! Worth every penny.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
My camper is 9500lbs so I went with Jody's recommended 60 tow(9k-13klbs). It tows pretty good with my 80 econo but I think she'll start running too hot when I get up in altitude.

goch ya..thought your camper was bigger then that...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:57 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jhand124 View Post
Once the wife gives the OK watch out, you will need further approval for continuing mods
A very true statement.
This is the very serious onslaught of the dreaded PMS(bigger turbo,injectors,oil...etc.). Goodbye savings account.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks Jason and Jim, i keep on saying one more, one more to the wife. This is getting interesting, lol. After Carlisle i'll try to smoohz(is that a word)my way to the DP, aahhhh.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
A very true statement.
This is the very serious onslaught of the dreaded PMS(bigger turbo,injectors,oil...etc.). Goodbye savings account.
and you was doing so well...... have you still got my phone ## ??

Old 07-30-2008, 07:02 PM
heavytruk
Senior User
heavytruk is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I got my PCM with Jody's 80hp econo tune I couldn't believe the difference in response.Talk about a PSD on steroids! Worth every penny.
just ordered this yesterday myself, good to hear, gonna put it in this weekend!

what kind of mpg gain did you see?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke View Post
and you was doing so well...... have you still got my phone ## ??
Yes I know....I'm saving for a boat,or should I???,I love the ocean and boating. I know, another cash hog.
I'll look for your number Ron.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F5 tuner from DP Tuners on the way!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.