Aerostar Ford Aerostar

Look what i did...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
DCRB
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look what i did...

I was washing/semi detailing the 'star yesterday (so of course it'd rain today right?) and noticed my wipers were lookin a bit "weatherd."

so i touched them up.

Before:

During:

Done:

Just thought i'd share what i've been up.

Going to install my heavy duty tranny cooler today...

i've also been working on "project EF" when i can. i have TONS to do but money wise i think i only have to dump about annother 4-500 into it for a tranny, shift linkage, axles, some vaccume/coolant lines, a tire (plus getting three more swapped over to a differen't set of wheels), ecu and getting it registered and smogged here in portland.

once that's daily driveable the van goes under the knife, so to speak. i need a new sliding door panel, something went flying accross my car and made a nice tear/dent in it... :'-(. but yeah near future things to come include a new p/s pump and full flush, my ps now catches and squeals my belt untill the fluid is warmed up... so sadness.

edit: i also re attached my rearview mirror, got tired of it flyin around the back of my car. lol

also, any one have some blue drivers/passenger side floor matts with rubber spikes on the under side, and some rear mudflaps they wanna give up? lol lmk!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 PM
bozzzz94
Senior User
DCRB----if you get a bad play on your glass from the blade its because of over-spray. Simply take a fine piece of emery cloth/light gauge sand paper and go across the edge 2 or 3 times. Not enough to hurt the rubber-just enough to clean the paint off. Great job detailing. I used sparkle paint blue on my front wipers. Nicer than looking at all the sun damage all of the time.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Pablo-UA
Post Fiend
Ouh yeah, wiper paint easily washed away with hight pressure whash mashine. Just get solvent, cllear them and repaint... 20 minutes stuff.

I see you did all well.

Now I have Aero, Ranger and Taurus. So much work....

Old 07-30-2008, 01:50 AM
DCRB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Pablo-UA
Ouh yeah, wiper paint easily washed away with hight pressure whash mashine. Just get solvent, cllear them and repaint... 20 minutes stuff.

I see you did all well.

Now I have Aero, Ranger and Taurus. So much work....
lol i've had lots of practice w old bmx bike frames and handle bars and forks and all sorts of bike parts. hey you've got 3 good rides available to ya. your taurus a 4 banger or the lucky 24v v6 quad cam?