Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Is this the calm before the storm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Big Swole
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the calm before the storm?

I have read the posting on shutters on pulling out and when turning. I believe that my problem is different.

- I always let the motor warm up to above the red line on the temp gauge before moving. But when driving down the road I have about 1 mile before I reach US 41 which is 55mph. When it shifts into the over drive it shutters real bad. Now I can romp on it and it clears up, or I can turn of the OD and it does not do it. It usually only does that once after the romp or off on the OD. After that I can turn the OD back on and it is fine. A little confused If anyone has had this prob before I could use some advice. Is this a small tell tale prob that will get bigger later? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Fastest way to warm up the truck is to drive it. Don't nail it especially with a tuner but just drive it. Have you tried anticipating when it shifts into OD and tried to alter the pedal some to see if it changes the shudder? Mine had a funky shift into OD and then lockup before my Transgo shift kit but I was able to alter my speed and RPMs via pedal to make it go away.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:08 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
The shuttering could be an engine miss caused by loose wiring harnesses under the valve covers.
Just a possibility...............

Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 AM
danskool
Go Bills !
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I believe you TC on is showing signs of wear. I have had numerous FORD vehicles with the same excact problem as you. If you turn off OD and only engage above 50 it will stop. But have to get used to switching it back and forth. Will run for years that way. Like on my Explorer. Or you can put in a new TC. Like i did on my T-bird under warentee. All with the same OD shudder.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Big Swole
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
Fastest way to warm up the truck is to drive it. Don't nail it especially with a tuner but just drive it. Have you tried anticipating when it shifts into OD and tried to alter the pedal some to see if it changes the shudder? Mine had a funky shift into OD and then lockup before my Transgo shift kit but I was able to alter my speed and RPMs via pedal to make it go away.

Yes to your question I can feather the RPMs where I want them. Its not really a problem like I said it only does it once when everything but the motor is cold. Once it does it and I get pass the issue it doesn't do it till the next day when the truck is cold. I know I butter you guys up but thanks again for the suggestions, this is a really great site.