wanting to make my own biodiesel need a little help

Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM
wendal
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wanting to make my own biodiesel need a little help

I am wanting to make my own biodiesel fuel. Could you send me to a place on a system that works. I have read a few things on the net. What is a processor? I was thinking of using used cooking oil. any help and pointer would be great.
thanks for the help.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wendal
I am wanting to make my own biodiesel fuel. Could you send me to a place on a system that works. I have read a few things on the net. What is a processor? I was thinking of using used cooking oil. any help and pointer would be great.
thanks for the help.
while researching processes and processors you should be focused on getting oil. that is the single most difficult part of making Bio. The second is getting rid of waste water and by products. After that the rest is downhill.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:07 PM
wendal
Senior User
what do you do with the excess water and soap?
Is it necessary to purchase the book on Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website
I will make some call on getting some wvo.
thanks

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

what do you do with the excess water and soap?
Is it necessary to purchase the book on Welcome - Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial Website
I will make some call on getting some wvo.
thanks
I don't water wash at all so I can't help you with the water. I use the GL1 process
GL's Eco-System state diagram
The soap/glycerin at this point I am stock piling. I add the previous batch Glycerin into the next batch while heating and circulating to remove the methanol and any trapped oil. I am looking into some Soap (bar and liquid) making but I can't use or sell that much soap so I am looking at the viability of using to suppress dust in our gravel parking lot and also using it in a waste oil burner. Neither of which I am sure yet will be good options.

There is not really any need for a book. I did buy Girl Marks book and but I learned and continue to learn on this site
Biodiesel & SVO Forums - Powered by eve community

Old 07-28-2008, 10:00 PM
wendal
Senior User
do you use this type of bio fuel because it is easer, less steps, or does your pickup run better on it? Are their advantages to this fuel?
thanks

Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

do you use this type of bio fuel because it is easer, less steps, or does your pickup run better on it? Are their advantages to this fuel?
thanks
The fuel comes out the same as water washed fuel for all practical purposes. It just that I am not real keen on adding water to fuel we try so hard to keep dry. Also water washing opens itself up to emulsions (difficult to break back to separate fuel and water), takes more time and creates more waste.

Search this Thread