1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Finally, '48 & '49 F-1 in gallery

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 PM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally, '48 & '49 F-1 in gallery

Well I finally got a few pix of the 48 & 49 in the gallery. Hope to get both road worthy one day but the 48 body is better. Great right door for you Rat guys.Me and my buddy pulled the bed and cab off and the sheet metal guy is working on the cab, more than I can take on right now.The front end was off and leaning against the truck for about 12 years. My buddy has done a front and rear(springs& rear end) clip from a doner 84 LaSabre.I know most folks on here do not like the darkside but my son gave me the '84 and that's the only way I can ride for now. The '49 was sitting up for 5 yrs and the block was cracked. 49 has a hood and the 48 hood was probable a snow sled for someone.Having to shade tree and farm out work for now but want to build a building within a year.Trying to get the frame wire brushed and painted so we can be ready for the cab when the guy finishes with it. These two are serious projects as you can see, they have been tossed aside for many years but I am determined to save them.
later, Mike

Old 07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
gdgerland
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, looks like two great projects. Should be lots of fun (spell that w-o-r-k)
Good to see two more bonus builds rescued from the rust monster.

Gil

Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Also F-1 man I see

Thanks Chief, I see you are rather fond of the Bonus Builds also, they just look good to me. I was at Lackland and Kelly for 2 yrs. Former member of Alamo A's.had 31 A std. coupe,trunk, no rumble seat, had to chose between the A and raising my 2nd girl. I made the right choice, I kept the daughter,sold the Ford.I ck. out your profile, I'll start getting my retirement ck soon. about time.
later Mike

Old 07-25-2008, 07:52 PM
gdgerland
Elder User
Mike, thanks for the reply and the PM you sent. Tried to return your message, but the system says that you choose not to receive E-mails. My e-mail address is gdgerland@yahoo.com. Drop me a line when you have time that way we can keep the post on topic. Always look forward to talking with fellow G. I.s. Sorry how shabby my gallery looks. I'm having trouble getting the pictures to post.

Gil

Old 07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
gdgerland
Elder User
Mike, thanks for the post and the PM you sent. Tried to e-mail you back but for some reason the system says that you choose not to receive e-mails. I tried to post my e-mail address but everytime I do that my reply goes in to La La land and is gone.I will try to do it in code. The first part is gdgerland and I am at yahoo.com. Drop me an e-mail if you have time, that way we can keep the post on topic. Always look forward to talking to fellow G.I.s and lodge brothers.

Gil

Old 07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
49fordpickumup
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-1

Welcome darksider. Many of us need two or more to make one for the road. I had a 31 A many years ago. My favorite was a 37 2dr sedan. I am using a 86 monte carlo front and a 93 mark VIII rear end on my F-1. Many guys with expert advice here, so ask! Have fun, chuck