Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

OT - thoughts on living in Iowa?

Old 12-10-2008, 12:45 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokin'
From what I saw online, Black Magic Performance is a single employee small business, so I think its his gig. His shop is at 1100 Industrial Ave in Hiawatha. He said take the Bayson Rd exit off 380, and that he is on the North side of ABA auto body. I'll be there Friday morning if you're free.

I think he must have started it not too long ago. I've seen ads in the Truck 'N Tractor flyer, but his website isn't working.

Good luck with getting your truck fixed up! I'll probably be up in Wisconsin Friday morning, so I won't be making it.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Well bring it on, I posted this last summer when I was up at the Newton speedway racing and no one showed up.

BTW just for giggles that other car is a Bentley believe it or not. (yes that is a $199,800 MSRP vehicle)
hah. I was just about to ask if that was a Bentley, before I saw your commentary below the picture. I have only seen one of those my entire life. One was enough.

Originally Posted by farmb0y
I think he must have started it not too long ago. I've seen ads in the Truck 'N Tractor flyer, but his website isn't working.

Good luck with getting your truck fixed up! I'll probably be up in Wisconsin Friday morning, so I won't be making it.
I had a hard time finding his info on the web, and I told him that too. Where his shop is at used to be a place called Park Towne Auto Repair, and most of the web listings for that address still show the old business.

No worries on Friday. I'm sure we'll run into one another eventually.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Smokin'

I had a hard time finding his info on the web, and I told him that too. Where his shop is at used to be a place called Park Towne Auto Repair, and most of the web listings for that address still show the old business.

No worries on Friday. I'm sure we'll run into one another eventually.
He's a link with a map, I imagine you have one already,but if not.

Black Magic Performance & Rpr, IA

Old 12-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by farmb0y
He's a link with a map, I imagine you have one already,but if not.

Black Magic Performance & Rpr, IA
Yep. thank you. His shop is only 6 miles from the house.

Maybe this summer we can organize some type of G2G. I'd like to meet you all.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm always up for a g2g, Roger and I have been to all of the ones so far I think but I think we are the only two that have made them all LOL. (unless I missed one somewhere)

Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope, that would be accurate. Been kind of relaxed on having any lately due to lack of interest, but I would be more than happy to help out on one again. Generally Saturday nights have worked out so Rob doesn't have to hurry home to get back on the road. We have had them at swap meets, personal shops, bowling alleys... Maybe next summer we will get one together to watch Rob run at Newton, perhaps we could get to see Adam run against him....

Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
BTW there is a few powerstrokes around here but mine is the fastest LOL
Now that sounds like a challenge. I wouldn't mind finding a HX55 or a S600 for pullin/racing. I could get a bigger housing for my 50 but that wouldn't be any fun now!

I'd be all for a G2G.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
Well bring it on, I posted this last summer when I was up at the Newton speedway racing and no one showed up.

BTW just for giggles that other car is a Bentley believe it or not. (yes that is a $199,800 MSRP vehicle)
You have the T-case locked right?

That track is like 10 miles from where I currently live! I wish I would have know about the drag.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Well folks, after this Friday, I won't have to worry about class schedules and studying until the 12th of January, so perhaps we could finagle something together before then? Ideas? I don't have much for ideas at the moment as to where or what. Heck, the bowling GTG was actually a lot of fun, got to shoot the breeze while having a mild distraction (the bowling) to give us a little something to do... Those MPH readings on the lanes were pretty cool too...Anything in particular everyone would want to do, or maybe just find a restaurant that has some space and patient staff to put up with us?

Old 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Originally Posted by FARM69
You have the T-case locked right?
Yeah, thats how I get under 2 second 60ft times. They have been doing drag racing there for the past coupe of years and I try to get to as many as I can. This year I missed a bunch do to my accident but still made it to 4 or 5 of them.

Roger those are the ET's not MPH, my MPH is right at 70.

I have the weekends off but I will be in Evansville IN for a BBF tech deal on Jan 2-4th

Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 AM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fellro86
Well folks, after this Friday, I won't have to worry about class schedules and studying until the 12th of January, so perhaps we could finagle something together before then? Ideas? I don't have much for ideas at the moment as to where or what. Heck, the bowling GTG was actually a lot of fun, got to shoot the breeze while having a mild distraction (the bowling) to give us a little something to do... Those MPH readings on the lanes were pretty cool too...Anything in particular everyone would want to do, or maybe just find a restaurant that has some space and patient staff to put up with us?
A g2g would be great... but I think I'm pretty booked for the rest of the month.
I'll be in the garage pretty much all this weekend lifting the truck another 3 inches and installing a whole new stereo. And after this weekend, the rest of the month is pretty much family g2g's. (urg, there are so many of them)

Early Jan. might work though? Or... oh wait, you guys can all come and help me this weekend hows that for a g2g?

Old 12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
fellro86
Hotshot

Roger those are the ET's not MPH, my MPH is right at 70.
I was referring to the bowling meet... they had the speeds of the ball on the lane...

1st weekend of Jan I may be in South Dakota, maybe, if funds allow. This weekend I have to work Saturday night, and probably Sunday sometime... That schedule hopefully will get made up today, but it is my weekend to work. It would give me an excuse to go see the wife a bit, since she is currently staying up there going to Allen College... too bad she works 3rd shift all weekend.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by FARM69
I'd be all for a G2G.
Me too.

Anything in particular everyone would want to do, or maybe just find a restaurant that has some space and patient staff to put up with us?
Hmm, not sure. I may have to bring the BF, he might be a lil nervous about me going off to meet a bunch of guys I have never met. He'd be bored to death at this G2G though, it'd be truck talk the entire time.

I'm sure we could find a sitdown place that would put up with all of us.

Originally Posted by ididntdoit99
And after this weekend, the rest of the month is pretty much family g2g's. (urg, there are so many of them)

Early Jan. might work though?
I have the same problem. Its December, lots of family stuff going on. January, would be better for me also.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

I was referring to the bowling meet... they had the speeds of the ball on the lane...
I had forgot about that, those were pretty cool.

Lisa I could understand his reluctance I bet, but you know what we don't JUST talk about trucks (although we do a lot of that too) but in general it can be a big BS session too so he might not get ttttoooo bored so bring him along (although my wife has zero interest, even this tech seminar I go to she tells me to go and have fun)
And if we do something like the bowling again well then even better.

Plus this summer maybe we could all do a g2g at the race track if anyone is interested and has anything they want to see wht it will do (people race any and everything up there it's tnt and run what ya brung)
They were even going to let me run the Ranger (but told me I couldn't make a full pass with it)

Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Sounds like a plan to me, we'll have to work on that... I might actually have a bit of time, and won't (hopefully) be dealing with what I was last summer.
Rob's right though, we talk trucks and whatever else happens to come out in conversation... Basically just hang out and bs, and have a good time, it's not just trucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT - thoughts on living in Iowa?