Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Wow the Ontario Chapter seems dead.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow the Ontario Chapter seems dead.

I can't believe no one has anything to say, a question or comment.

I'll start has anyone bought or sold a Ford truck lately?

What about vacation time, anyone going on a dream trip or visiting a friend or relative they haven't seen for a while?

I think once I get my seats back and in the Bronco I'll be heading down to Haugens Chicken resturant in PortPerry for their wednesday night car show.

Here's the link to their shows Welcome to Haugen's Famous Chicken & Ribs Barbeque Restaurant

Rick.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:36 PM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
HEY Rick and I agree the Ont Chapter has been pretty quiet lately and not sure why....Maybe it will get more active soon!!!!

That Haugans Wed. night car show sounds and looks like fun BUT its alittle far away for me to go there, I have heard some great things about that show!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, we're planning on going to the east coast in August, and bigger news than that, we had a baby boy last week!!!! Zachary was born Thursday morning, and his 3 sisters (and his parents too) just love him to bits!!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CONGRATS CHAD!

Way to go , but I suspect your wife did most of the work! Good to here everbodys doing ok and you have a boy now to even the odds a little in your house hold.
Love the name too, well done. Zach should provide you with a lot of proud moments as he grows into a man.

Frank

Old 07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Monica82895
Senior User
Congrats Chad and family !!! No vacation this year,where I work has changed contractors lately so I gotta build up a year to get a week,kind of hard when theres been 4 contractors in less than 4 years.I have family coming from Manitoba in August,Iam going to try and get a couple of days off then to relax and visit.Hope everyone is enjoying the summer,if at all possible with the gas prices and hot temperatures.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Congradulations Chad and family.

Originally Posted by loudfords
Well, we're planning on going to the east coast in August, and bigger news than that, we had a baby boy last week!!!! Zachary was born Thursday morning, and his 3 sisters (and his parents too) just love him to bits!!
Looks like we have a new Ford truck nut in the future.

Cheers, Rick.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks for the congrats.

So where did all our former regulars go? How about Ontario members that are active in other sub-sections but not the Ontario chapter? What about our fearless leader? Is he too busy too?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 PM
prisoner of gravity
Junior User
E4OD is sick...

hi guys, I'm here too. Just busy on the farm trying to make hay between rain showers.
Here's a question...my '94 F350 4x4 crew cab is grounded with a sick E4OD. Peterborough Transmission says it could be $3600 to R&R and rebuild. I've used them before and they do excellent work but my money tree is bare.
I haven't tried the wreckers yet...a bit gunshy about an unknown transmission.
What would you guys do? Anyone have a favourite transmission guru?
I'm still mobile with my '93 crew cab (yeah, I love crew cabs) so I could pull the transmission and take it to a rebuilder.
I'd post pics but these are farm trucks and you guys would laugh your a$$es off....
My 'good' truck is Mama Bear's 2001 F250 Superduty...

Old 07-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Most wreckers have a pretty fair warrenty on used Transmissions.

Originally Posted by prisoner of gravity
hi guys, I'm here too. Just busy on the farm trying to make hay between rain showers.
Here's a question...my '94 F350 4x4 crew cab is grounded with a sick E4OD. Peterborough Transmission says it could be $3600 to R&R and rebuild. I've used them before and they do excellent work but my money tree is bare.
I haven't tried the wreckers yet...a bit gunshy about an unknown transmission.
What would you guys do? Anyone have a favourite transmission guru?
I'm still mobile with my '93 crew cab (yeah, I love crew cabs) so I could pull the transmission and take it to a rebuilder.
I'd post pics but these are farm trucks and you guys would laugh your a$$es off....
My 'good' truck is Mama Bear's 2001 F250 Superduty...

And it is my guess the price will be $300.00 or less, just make sure the truck you get it from is a recent arrival to the wreckers and not something that has been sitting around for several years.

That will also let you have a look to see if the truck donor is worn out or just had some bad luck in an accident.

To me it's worth the risk for the savings of $3,300.00 or see if they have a donor with a warrenty and a better price tag tell them they can have your old transmission as a core.

Cheers, Rick.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:25 AM
prisoner of gravity
Junior User
E4OD...what years?

...will bolt into my '94? the speed sensor in the diff came in '92? and '95 and up were upgraded from the factory?
so '92 up to ?? will bolt in?
I'll call the wreckers tomorrow.
thanks,

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Check in the transmission forum to be sure on what will work. I think your right about the speed sensor m0ving from the speedo cable to the diff for '93 but I don't see why the earlier transmission wouldn't work in your truck by simply blocking off the speedo cable hole?
If you can find one thats been rebuilt it should have all the upgrades in it.

Also if you do it your self make sure you have a good jack or a friend to help, the E4OD is one huge heavy transmission!!

Frank

Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

I agree with Rick, 3600 will buy many used transmissions.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:25 PM
prisoner of gravity
Junior User
no luck yet...

...trying to find a tranny at the wreckers. Two things make it a little unique...a diesel at the front end and a transfer case at the back end.
Guess I could look for a donor truck with a manual tranny and convert mine to manual.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
That may mean some computer problems.

Originally Posted by prisoner of gravity
...trying to find a tranny at the wreckers. Two things make it a little unique...a diesel at the front end and a transfer case at the back end.
Guess I could look for a donor truck with a manual tranny and convert mine to manual.

Also you didn't mention or I didn't notice but when you put the "D" word in front of anything it seems to raise the price of repair and lower the number of donors.

That said it seems to be changing now with a lot more folks buying the diesel version of their choice of truck.

One thing I have found that serves me well when I buy a new vehicle every 7 to 8 years is I always buy standard transmission (getting harder to do with domestics) and I always buy with no power window or locks or power seats or traction control or remote keyless or any of the expensive to fix stuff after it's finished warrenty.

Cheers, Rick.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:03 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Arrow rain'hay

Hello,
Been real busy this summer. We have sold the restaurant(bistro 6). I am taking the summer off, working outside helping out the lady where i keep my horses. Speaking of hay i told my guys they had better get their water wings on to get the hay this year. I have never seen it like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in a long time if ever. No holiday's or rest for the wicked. can't buy anything new this year. Got the 55 merc (429 cid stock but dressed nice in chrome n'stuff.) up for sale. Also getting the house ready to sell,too big for two.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow the Ontario Chapter seems dead.