Notices

Do not buy from Dabears2k!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
O1COBRA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005FX4SCREW
Cool....going to the Daytona meet in Sept?
Not sure yet

Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
O1COBRA
Senior User
UPDATE

Today I spoke with the Apexcone manufacturer of the lights and they told me that these lights do not work well on Fords and that if they do not work that the best advice they could give me was to sell the items on Craigslist. I cant believe that this is happnening.

So now I have nearly $500 worth of lights that dont work properly and they will not refund my money even though they know that they dont work properly. This is the worst display of business ethics I have ever seen.

Please dont buy from Apexcone or Dabears2k!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
after reading all his disclaimers and rules, i don't think i'd buy from him anyway.
it appears he scoured the internet searching for every loop hole and then put every single one, and then some, on his site....i wouldn't buy from him even IF he had good prices.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
What makes these lights so special that they turn on by themselves and they don't work on a Ford? I'm just trying to comprehend the problem here.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
O1COBRA
Senior User
Originally Posted by ranger429
What makes these lights so special that they turn on by themselves and they don't work on a Ford? I'm just trying to comprehend the problem here.
To tell you the truth I have no idea. I asked the manufacturer the same question and he said that with some fords the wiring between the truck and the wiring harness that comes with the lights is not compatable making it do weird things. Doesnt make any sense why they would even sell the wiring harness then.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:11 PM
dabears2k
Junior User
First and foremost, we have sold over 100 kits to Ford Truck owners. Only 1 person has had an issue, that is you, Ken.

I have done everything I can short of flying out to FL to personally wire your truck up for you. If you would like to pay for my plane ticket and my hotel room, I will gladly fly there and install your kit. Calling Apexcone and threatening to kill people is not going to solve anything.

Additionally, when you sent back your kit to us, you sent back 3 ballasts instead of 4 because you said that one fell off. Your statement in your email insinuated (backed up by a conversation with Jim) that you expected to get 4 ballasts back... We did send you 4 ballasts back, but as you already know, you did have to pay for it.

As far as not working, you chose to bypass us for warranty and send it directly to Apexcone (which is fine. You do have that right). They called us and told us to come pick up the kit because there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. They tested every component together and individually and determined that there was no fault in the kit.

I am not sure who at Apexcone told you that these kits don't really work with Ford Trucks because that's absurd. That's like saying, "I'm sorry, you cannot fill up your truck with Mobil gasoline because it really doesn't work well with Ford trucks." I will reiterate my very first statement, that we have sold over 100 kits to various Ford Truck owners, from f150's all the way up to the F450 work trucks. In fact, we have a local shop here in SD that only deals in Ford Trucks and they are installing 2-3 kits per week.

Unless Apexcone tells us that they are going to issue a complete refund, there is nothing further that I can do other than my initial offer of doing the install for you.

Matt

Old 08-15-2008, 06:13 AM
ranger429
Logistics Pro
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Always nice to hear the other side of the story.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 PM
O1COBRA
Senior User
Threatening to kill people? Are you serious? You are going to come on here and tell all out lies? You can post on here whatever you want but it doesnt change the fact of what you have done. If you are so innocent then why has the Better Business Bureau tried to contact you multiple times an you havent responded to them? And yes I did send back 3 ballasts and in the letter I wrote to Apexcone I told them that there was only 3. By the way, the reason I did not send them to you was because I do not trust you. Maybe you and Apexcone need to get your story straight because I was told directly from them that these kits dont work on Fords sometimes. They admitted that they did not test the lights on an actual truck just on a tester. Sure they work when the test is set up to pass. And I never spoke with Jim so how would he confirm anything? The last time I spoke with him was months ago and it was a conversation about YOU and your business practices. Also, Im not the only one with the problems. Read back in this same thread and hear what people have said about you. Hopefully people will see the truth and how your backpeddling now to cover yourself. Thanks to your comments today I have decided to contact my lawyer. To say that I threatened to kill someone is the most despicable thing I have ever heard. You are one of the most unprofessional, unethical, immoral human beings I have ever come in contact with, which is impressive coming from a soldier and law enforcement officer who has seen the scum of the earth. I hope you feel like you have made the right decision today by posting on here because now you will surely have to back it up. You will be hearing from me.

Originally Posted by dabears2k
First and foremost, we have sold over 100 kits to Ford Truck owners. Only 1 person has had an issue, that is you, Ken.

I have done everything I can short of flying out to FL to personally wire your truck up for you. If you would like to pay for my plane ticket and my hotel room, I will gladly fly there and install your kit. Calling Apexcone and threatening to kill people is not going to solve anything.

Additionally, when you sent back your kit to us, you sent back 3 ballasts instead of 4 because you said that one fell off. Your statement in your email insinuated (backed up by a conversation with Jim) that you expected to get 4 ballasts back... We did send you 4 ballasts back, but as you already know, you did have to pay for it.

As far as not working, you chose to bypass us for warranty and send it directly to Apexcone (which is fine. You do have that right). They called us and told us to come pick up the kit because there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. They tested every component together and individually and determined that there was no fault in the kit.

I am not sure who at Apexcone told you that these kits don't really work with Ford Trucks because that's absurd. That's like saying, "I'm sorry, you cannot fill up your truck with Mobil gasoline because it really doesn't work well with Ford trucks." I will reiterate my very first statement, that we have sold over 100 kits to various Ford Truck owners, from f150's all the way up to the F450 work trucks. In fact, we have a local shop here in SD that only deals in Ford Trucks and they are installing 2-3 kits per week.

Unless Apexcone tells us that they are going to issue a complete refund, there is nothing further that I can do other than my initial offer of doing the install for you.

Matt