Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Weekend Plans

Old 07-13-2008, 01:33 AM
forddude05
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend Plans

What is everybody doing for the weekend?

I'm going to take it easy... visit with my son and maybe finish hooking up my driving lights.

By the way, what the heck happened to Rex and DJ? Just wondering, I haven't seen them post in a while.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:33 AM
BensDaddy
Senior User
I've got to try and take apart a rear end so I can get at the carrier and pinion. If anyone is in Oak Harbor and has done this before, PM me, For God's Sake please!!! Thanks again for running it up to me Jared!!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
If you want, I can come back up next weekend if you'll be off, it'll take about two hours to do the swap.
This weekend- Well, yesterday I pulled all the parts off my parts truck for the front disk brakes, then got that all installed on my hauling truck. I just need to tighten everything down, put on new brake lines, then I'll do the power steering conversion later today.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, yesterday I managed to get the Dynamat into the doors and onto the ceiling, removed about 50 yards of useless wire from under the dash (roughly 3 prior stereo installations that weren't wired worth diddly) and straightened out what wires that WERE supposed to be there, installed the cowl lacing, removed the firewall insulation pad, and tried to install the drivers side window.

The window proved to be a problem, as the tint got scraped up on the edge, so now I have to have it redone...which irritates me.

Also, when I went to clean and install the glove compartment door, I found that they didn't paint it worth diddly, and it was covered in overspray. I couldn't polish it up, so now it has to be repainted. I'll be taking that in tomorrow after work.

Today, I think I'm going to try to regroup in the garage as it looks like a bomb has gone off. I'll be putting tools away, reorganizing parts into what category they belong in (interior, exterior, engine compartment, spare or not used, and old parts), and basically trying to give myself room to move for the next round of parts installation. If I get that done today, I'll be fairly pleased with myself. Not too much to accomplish on Buford as I'm waiting for more parts to arrive. So, that's about it.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Baby Bunny's Buick ate the serpentine belt last week and ate it good!!! The water pump is the suspected culprit!!! Darned water pumps!! They can't be trusted, you know!!!

Anyways, as it happens, King Triton was in Portland. So, I gathered him up and he spent the weekend at the Bunny Ranch and fixed the Buick for us!! Whoo Hoo!!! Big hugs for him!! Thank you, KT!!! Yes, I burned him a steak for his troubles and then we went to the Evergreen Aviation Museum to see the Spruce Goose!!!

We also sat on the trampoline and watched the mountain burn,,, Sure hope KT didn't mind being around so many girls all weekend!! Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someone else has invaded the Bunny Ranch? I better tell Tom

Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Dere's bunnies?.....wabbits?...at da wanch?....hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-huh....kill da wabbits!

Either that, or little bunny foo-foo is due for a boppin?

(ok, I'm tired...and yes, I know I REALLY need to get out more often).

Old 07-15-2008, 10:03 PM
lostmybeer
Have a nice Beer!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's ok to go to the ranch, I was in the tent. We will be Modifying Terry and Bonnie's truck this weekend with some added diesel features--more power, and finally just staying home for the first time in long time Sunday.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Snowbunny
Baby Bunny's Buick ate the serpentine belt last week and ate it good!!! The water pump is the suspected culprit!!! Darned water pumps!! They can't be trusted, you know!!!

Anyways, as it happens, King Triton was in Portland. So, I gathered him up and he spent the weekend at the Bunny Ranch and fixed the Buick for us!! Whoo Hoo!!! Big hugs for him!! Thank you, KT!!! Yes, I burned him a steak for his troubles and then we went to the Evergreen Aviation Museum to see the Spruce Goose!!!

We also sat on the trampoline and watched the mountain burn,,, Sure hope KT didn't mind being around so many girls all weekend!! Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!
Sounds like you need to buy 'Baby George' a new FORD Truck"

p.s. Did you actually allow her to get a Buick?....lmfao

Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Placermike
Sounds like you need to buy 'Baby George' a new FORD Truck"

p.s. Did you actually allow her to get a Buick?....lmfao
Oh, it's worse than that,,,, I bought it for her!!! Couldn't find a truck and she needed transportation. It was a screaming deal though,,, one that I couldn't pass on. But, if you happen to know of a good truck for sale, I am in market for one!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:18 AM
BabyBunny
Posting Guru
She handed me keys.. and it gets the job done. Thanks again KT!!

But as mom said.. if you happen to know of a good truck for sale, I am in market for one!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Oh, it's worse than that,,,, I bought it for her!!! Couldn't find a truck and she needed transportation. It was a screaming deal though,,, one that I couldn't pass on. But, if you happen to know of a good truck for sale, I am in market for one!!!
There are actually quite a few around here. I think some of the older people that live in the Sequim area are more concerned with the price of gas than the freedom a truck gives. Let me know price range and type.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
If you want a beat-down Courier, let me know. I'll be putting mine up in a couple weeks, once the family all goes home and we have the Aerostar to ourselves.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Mind? Heck,I was wondering what the heck I did to deserve such a wonderful weekend! And we wont talk about the trampoline,,,,,ok,,ok,,so I fell asleep! What can I say,,I`m old

Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by King Triton
Mind? Heck,I was wondering what the heck I did to deserve such a wonderful weekend! And we wont talk about the trampoline,,,,,ok,,ok,,so I fell asleep! What can I say,,I`m old
I'll say!!! Four women at your fingertips and you fall asleep!?!?! It's Ok, though,,, I know you didn't get any sleep the night before!! Dumb planes!!! But I did get some great pix!! Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

Search this Thread