Notices

TrickMyTrailer II - (sglaine's Project TT)

Old 07-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
TrickMyTrailer II - (sglaine's Project TT)

Continued from https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...y-trailer.html now that the weather has warmed and some pictures are finally on the way.

I got a call this morning, and there was a minor leak over the winter but not bad. The ideas can begin as soon as the photos are up.

Bud? See if you can make them exactly fit the screen width. That way details can be picked out without things going way off the side of the screen....

Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
screen width is gonna be diffferent for fore some.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Still waiting - it may be the weekend before the pic's are up. And I thought the weather was screwy where I'm at...

Old 07-17-2008, 06:45 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Anybody have any batteries for my camera?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:01 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jake00 View Post
screen width is gonna be diffferent for fore some.

Jake I know this is off topic to the thread ...Sorry about your loss...

Old 04-05-2009, 12:38 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Bump.

I've read both threads to catch up. Where are the pictures? How's the project going? Is it done yet?

I've moved my trailer from my friends farm to the side of my house. I no longer have a gate / fence separating the back yard from the front yard so the only one happy about that is the dog.

Converter / invertor is still a question mark. I have serious concerns about the wire repairs made by the seller prior to my mom giving us the trailer. I removed the battery, turned off all the circuit breakers, and unplugged the trailer from shore power (30-amp outlets installed at the house).

With no battery or other physical power source connected to the trailer, I still have power coming in from somewhere. I think the solar panel is providing power. Shouldn't that be stopped if the trailer circuit breakers are in the "Off" position?

Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 AM
BPofMD
FTE MD Chapter Ldr
BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Depends on how it was wired.... maybe wired around the breaker box...or it has it's own fuse/breaker somewhere.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:12 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.IDMooseMan has a great reputation on FTE.
I haven't found any another fuse panel / circuit breaker for the solar panel. From what I've seen, the solar panel wires are wired in directly to a black component in the outside access panel. (How's that for a technical description?)

I'd like to be able to disconnect the solar panel when I'm working on the electricals inside, but the wires look weathered. I'm afraid if I try to disconnect and move them, they'll break. I'm not very electrically inclined, but I can do some minor electrical work.

When using shore power or a generator, the trailer is great. The weather's warming up and I plan on taking the family away for the weekend now and then, as long as we have shore power available. The only time I worry about it is dry-camping (deer and elk season or fishing at the river).

I have some major clean-up to do before we take off for a weekend.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Spamjohnson
Senior User
Spamjohnson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Throw a dark blanket over the solar panels, bingo, no electricity

Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
I'll give that a try, Sam.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:31 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Very soon we will be working on getting the trailer ready for the road..

Tires,Wiring,2nd refidge,and a new Queen size bed

Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
YDM
New User
YDM is starting off with a positive reputation.
And if you REALLY want to get it ready for the road, check out this site:

RV Mods, Modifications, Upgrades, Tips, and Tech | ModMyRV.com

Just be careful. Time could easily slip away doing all the RV mods on that site and you might never make it out of the driveway!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by sglaine View Post
Very soon we will be working on getting the trailer ready for the road..

Tires,Wiring,2nd refidge,and a new Queen size bed
Point of advice: Repack the wheel bearings, and adjust them.

A five ton floor jack is plenty to lift one wheel at a time to do this - and it's been sitting stationary for long enough that you really do need to check them.

Also, I may be a lone ranger about this - but I like to use a torque wrench on lugnuts. Not many people will really do that but I like knowing that all my lugnuts are right at spec. They're all that holds the wheels on!

At the same time, you can check and inspect your trailer brakes and linings.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Bearing are on the list for sure..Being an 1982 who in the hell knows when they have ever been repacked..

Brakes are getting replaced I am not going to fool around with that

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
GOOD MAN!

One lost wheel out of four may not cause a "rollover" but those suckers are EXPENSIVE...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TrickMyTrailer II - (sglaine's Project TT)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.