TrickMyTrailer II - (sglaine's Project TT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by IDMooseMan
Thanks for the link Bud. Thanks for the info Steve. Reps sent to both of you. This helps me greatly.

I'm sure the info is 'out there' and available, but I'm not the original owner of this unit. It didn't come with any component specific manuals. I'm at the stage where I'm trying to identify the appliance manufacturers and model numbers. Some of the appliances don't have any visible stickers/decals/plates containing model numbers or other information needed to identify what I have so I can search for the specific manuals.

All of the exterior decals/plates are basically wiped clean. No information visible. I'd like to replace these as well, but I don't know where to look for these. Since nothing is visible on the decals/plates, I don't know what info should be there to be replaced if I could find out what was supposed to be there.

Is there such a thing as a travel trailer VIN decoder somewhere?
There is no VIN decoder and manufacturers change components faster than they change their underwear. Shoot me a P.M. with pictures of what you want identified and I likely can supply you with a link to the appropriate manual (or at least I will try). Owner manuals are not of great value and simply purchasing Bob Livingstons manual on RV repair and maintenance has more info than most folks need.

Steve

Old 05-01-2010, 04:15 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
I'll hafta see if I can find that book you mentioned.

I've been working on getting my truck running. If I can get that done, I'll get some pictures of the components. I haven't tried sending pictures in a PM, so not sure if I have permissions for that.

Thanks again for your help Steve.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by IDMooseMan
I'll hafta see if I can find that book you mentioned.

I've been working on getting my truck running. If I can get that done, I'll get some pictures of the components. I haven't tried sending pictures in a PM, so not sure if I have permissions for that.

Thanks again for your help Steve.
Here's the link on Amazon to Bob's book Amazon.com: RV Repair and Maintenance Manual: Updated and Expanded (9780934798709): Bob Livingston: Books . It's a standard for RV repair. I know folks think there's a great deal of difference between manufacturers, but many of the differences are very minor and if you understand one, you have only a bit of trouble with others

Steve

Old 12-18-2010, 02:35 AM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
TTT.

Has this project been completed, sglaine? Are there any pictures?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Diesel Man 03
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a anode rod in my water and it is also the drain plug, the tank is steel.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are TWO kinds of them also -aluminum and magnesium.
Any time you replace one, you should switch to the other kind, and switch back the next time.

I'm not sure all of the reasons WHY that is, but it's what I was taught.