Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

Maint Manuals Are No More

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 02:10 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 983 Posts
Maint Manuals Are No More

NOTICE: To all those that actually used the web site I posted from getting access to the vehicle repair/electrical pages, the Bedford library that posted that has now required a new user name and password, so that means we don't have access anymore. If anyone tells me the new keys, I'll post it but I have a feeling that they finally got wise to our using the site at no charge.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
jr32560
Fleet Owner
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BPofMD
NOTICE: To all those that actually used the web site I posted from getting access to the vehicle repair/electrical pages, the Bedford library that posted that has now required a new user name and password, so that means we don't have access anymore. If anyone tells me the new keys, I'll post it but I have a feeling that they finally got wise to our using the site at no charge.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I should post a pic of what I have at home - at one of the RV places I worked at they had an advertising materials rack they were going to throw away. I NEEDED IT!

It's just inside the side door of my place that goes to the garage, and is loaded with all of the manuals I've collected over the years.

Top to bottom, and side to side. I need another one....

But if you really want to cheat on getting the skinny, do this:

Check the home websites of the major car parts places around you.

AutoZone.com - Get in the Zone! *Wiring help

Advance Auto Parts - quality auto parts and accessories *Wiring help

Napa Group, LLC *Overpriced BEE-ATCHES! But they can supply stuff no one else can.

oriellies.com *They've done me good a lot of times.

~And so on....

Almost all of them, under "DO IT YOURSELF" in one of their menus offer car and truck manuals that you can look up online!

You don't have to join JACK and it's free!

But I like having paper copies I can thumb through.

What I use them for mostly is electrical diagrams for off the wall stuff. Often the info does not include rare or discontinued stuff. You can find "GEO METRO" but you can't find "SUZUKI SWIFT" (the parent car)
See what I mean? It's based on demand.