1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Show-Me F-100 show

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great pic's there Scr8pin. I see you are from Denton, my daughter and her famliy live in Aubrey. We come down a couple times a year.
brian...

Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Thanks so much for posting the pics. Those are the first I have seen from the show.

Now that it is down on the flat "Area 57" it should grow even more.

I do recognize quite a few of the trucks, but there are many new ones that I do not.

Now...I am sad though. I had to miss a great show this year.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
3golfjack
Laughing Gas

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow those are some great pictures. I was at the show saturday and had a great time. I spent most of my time looking at the 56's. Hopefully one of these days my 56 will go from 300+ parts to one big rolling part.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM
scr8pin_f100
Junior User
Hey it's a small world.. We go to Aubrey a lot to get horse supplies...Very pretty area...You'll have to let me know next time your down here..

Oh, and sorry to have made you "homesick" Brian B, because you couldn't make the show...

Area 57 is a great venue to have car shows..I just hope that the hotel rates stay reasonable and that the club continues to put the show on every year. It was refreshing to see Pat Ford there representing Dennis Carpenter and Sy and Terry with Mid-Fifties..They said they had a blast and promised to be back next year..I firmly believe that this show is destined to be even bigger within the next few years..Way too much potential with the location and people to pass it up. (And I'm not even a member..)lol

And like many of us, I too plan on driving mine next year..so be on the look out for a new post on the forum next year before the show asking if anyone wants to "convoy" from Texas/Oklahoma...

Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Originally Posted by scr8pin_f100
Hey it's a small world.. We go to Aubrey a lot to get horse supplies...Very pretty area...You'll have to let me know next time your down here..

Oh, and sorry to have made you "homesick" Brian B, because you couldn't make the show...

Area 57 is a great venue to have car shows..I just hope that the hotel rates stay reasonable and that the club continues to put the show on every year. It was refreshing to see Pat Ford there representing Dennis Carpenter and Sy and Terry with Mid-Fifties..They said they had a blast and promised to be back next year..I firmly believe that this show is destined to be even bigger within the next few years..Way too much potential with the location and people to pass it up. (And I'm not even a member..)lol

And like many of us, I too plan on driving mine next year..so be on the look out for a new post on the forum next year before the show asking if anyone wants to "convoy" from Texas/Oklahoma...
I think it will grow quite a bit over the next few years. It is getting to costly for us (mid country) people to drive to Knoxville or out to CA for a show.

Knoxville does not have anything for the families to do either. Branson has something for everyone. Ladies can go shopping, children can go to play in the water, etc.

Getting off that horrible sloped hotel parking lot should help too.

I was aware of Pat Ford going to work for Dennis Carpenter well before he announced he was selling the show. Inside information from the club.

I would like to think I had something to do with Sy showing up. I talked to her (E-mail) quite a few times earlier this spring trying to get her to at least attend, even if not selling things. Guess she decided to be a vendor after all.

The club knows the people who own the hotel. The fixed rate for our show is well below the fixed rate for other shows at the same place. Shh...you did not hear that from me. LOL

Oh well...I can order parts when I get the cash together. Would have been nice to have saved shipping though. I am a cheap skate.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
scr8pin_f100
Junior User
no, your not a cheap skate, your smart! That is why I love to go to shows that I know someone like that will be there...If I need something, I can order it and just have them bring it..They (mid-fifties) didn't have a whole lot in the way of parts there, but they had show specials and some smaller parts..Plus there was that other Rod shop/parts vendor who had stuff there...

Do you all know of any other F-100 shows that haven't happened yet that are within a days drive to Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri or Kansas? It seems like all the ones I hear about are pretty far distances...I guess I'll have to wait till Goodguys down here..lol

Old 07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
All the strictly F-100 shows I am aware of are already over for the year.

Knoxville, pigeon forge, western nationals, ozarks run, and the clear lake iowa.

They have an all ford fall show in PA, but I think the actual ford truck show is over now as well.

I am hoping to go to a small cruise with my club the end of the month to Miami, Ok.

There is a goodguys in Madison WI, and one in KC, MO in August that I am aware of.

Other than that...I am just aware of small local shows (with an hour or so of here).

Old 07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks!

Thanks for posting! I'm sure it took considerable effort to upload all those photos. I looked at every one, and I picked up a few ideas for finishing my truck, if I ever get that far.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
scr8pin_f100
Junior User
Mayo, It honestly wasn't bad..I guess it's a labor of love...

Oh and Brian, you forgot about the Dash to the Dells sponsered by Badgerland F-100s...Althought thats a bit too far for me!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
I did not forget it. It is not on my list from the two clubs. Someone else missed it...yeah thats my story!

Where is it anyway?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:38 PM
scr8pin_f100
Junior User
that works for me..someone else forgot it...HA!

It's in Wisconsin...

Badgerland Ford F-100s Truck Club

If you or anyone else wants more info...Looks like a nice show and they were handing out flyers at Branson, it's just too far from Texas, even in a car that gets decent gas mileage...Otherwise, I would go in a heartbeat!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Ahh...a little too far for me too. The last time I drove to WI it was 12 hours one way in a modern car.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:46 AM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The dells show is worth the drive if time and money allow, I seem to have neither this year. Its real pretty up there.
brian...

Old 07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
53pickemuptruck
Senior User
Brian I posted a few pictures in my gallery too .Not quite as many though.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Thanks for posting those. I love the overview shot of the trucks. That is cool.

Does anyone know how many trucks actually attended?

I was told a little over a month before they had 88 pre-registered. That is not counting the club trucks. I have not heard the official count from the club yet. I cannot use telephones.

Quick Reply: Show-Me F-100 show