Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

what other rear dif can be used to change the ratio

Old 07-06-2008, 01:49 AM
fordf350camper
Senior User
fordf350camper is starting off with a positive reputation.
what other rear dif can be used to change the ratio

Hi with my truck once being a fire truck is there a other diff i can use on the rear axle so i can change the ratio. So it changes the gearing.Its on my 1955 ford f350.The axle i have noticed splits in two not sure what maker it is.The engine size is a 223 three speed gearbox.Or do i have to change the axle as well.Thanks Pete

Old 07-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
I don`t really know for sure but I expect you may have to change your complete rear axle.
Anyone have a definite answer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.