Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Independence Day 2008

Old 07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
mellowyellow55
Junior User
mellowyellow55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Independence Day 2008

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Independence day. Thank you to all of you, guys and gals, that have served this country, to make it safe and free. And thanks to all of our current day military, for your time and service to this country, we pray for you.

As for me and my family, we are staying close to home, no traveling this holiday. Working around the house and hopefully putting some hours in on the trucks!

Hope all here at FTE have a great, safe and enjoyable 4th of July!!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster
Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.Randy Jack has a good reputation on FTE.
Same to you!!!!

Ditto to the military. We are free because we have brave young people willing to stand for us in a dangerous world.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Truxx1956 has a good reputation on FTE.Truxx1956 has a good reputation on FTE.
Talking I agree!!

Hey guys, I agree with you. I also want to send out a THANK YOU to all our fabulous military guys and gals who have protected this GREAT COUNTRY!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th and remember that Freedom aint free. Lets all remember to honor our military and their families for their service and their great sacrifice to keep us free.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ditto--as a historian and genealogist--my family has been here in USA since 1730 and my wifes family has been here since 1660s. They have fought alot of wars,and now we are still fighting. Freedom to have some ole 56 ford trucks is the one I love,of all our freedoms-probably last on the list--haha!! If any one wants to know their lineage just give me a holler---I am full now,but always thought if someone didn't know their lineage--I would help. HAPPY FOURTH AND DON'T DRINK AND BE STUPID--!!! Bill

Old 07-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Rich55
Senior User
Rich55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree with all, may all of you have a safe holiday.............
RICH

Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
jmadsen
Postmaster
jmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to beholdjmadsen is a splendid one to behold
here here! for a safe and enjoyable holiday and for the dedicated service from our Armed Forces.
Hey MellowYellow55 I didn't think anyone else from Utah was on here! seems like there was someone else on here from Kamas or Oakley UT, but can't remember now. My Sister and Grandma still live in St George though, anyway, take care
Josh

Old 07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56 View Post
Ditto--as a historian and genealogist--my family has been here in USA since 1730 and my wifes family has been here since 1660s. They have fought alot of wars,and now we are still fighting. Freedom to have some ole 56 ford trucks is the one I love,of all our freedoms-probably last on the list--haha!! If any one wants to know their lineage just give me a holler---I am full now,but always thought if someone didn't know their lineage--I would help. HAPPY FOURTH AND DON'T DRINK AND BE STUPID--!!! Bill
My wife's family dates back to our founding fathers, also. My great grandfather came over in the early 1900's from Norway/Sweden and signed the dotted line to serve in WWI for citizenship. He didn't ask for anything after that, and each war since we have served, including me. Hearing on the news about illegal immigrants demanding rights seems odd after what previous generations have done. I don't understand what's so difficult about attaining legal citizenship. Sorry for the short rant.

Anyway, here's hoping everyone has a great and safe Fourth of July, and Canada Day, and whatever you all in Australia do on this weekend, lol. (and England, etc...)

My plans are to clean up the garage, lay all the interior parts out (inventory) for the Tbird, move the F1 parts upstairs into storage, and get the frame over to the garage for disassembly. If the weather holds. A few frosties may be in the works, too.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:32 PM
OldgreenF1
Elder User
OldgreenF1 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hey walfords my family has been here since the mid 1600's nice seeing whos who.

Have a great 4th everybody!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Walston
Posting Guru
Walston is a splendid one to beholdWalston is a splendid one to beholdWalston is a splendid one to beholdWalston is a splendid one to beholdWalston is a splendid one to beholdWalston is a splendid one to beholdWalston is a splendid one to behold
Happy Independence Day!

Let freedom ring!

God bless those who serve and those who have served!

Old 07-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Have a Merry, 4 July, you lot.

My Ancestors go back to the Cherokee, Oneida & Nez Perce Nations, then add on top of that the Spanish & Anglo/Irish Ancestors that arrived in the 1570's, & w/ every generation of my family having severed this Nations Military proudly, can't get better than that.

Remember the 4th for those who gave up their freedom and lives for the generations to come, and pass this on to your next generation!

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who
signed the Declaration of independence ?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and
tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.

Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army;
another had two sons captured.

Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of
the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes,
and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, Nine were
farmers and large plantation owners, men of means, well educated, But they
signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty
would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships
swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to
pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his
family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his
family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty
was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton,
Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown , Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British
General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He
quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was
destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his
wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13
children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to
waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to
find his wife dead and his children vanished.

Some of us take these liberties so much for granted, but we shouldn't.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently
thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!

What have you done for Your Country lately?

Old 07-04-2008, 09:04 AM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Bill,

Interesting about genealogy, Walford you got my family beat. The Stauffers came into the port of Philadelphia from Germany in 1744. My Mom's ancestors, Flory, came to Philly from Germany in 1733. My Dad did not serve in the military due to bad knees and flat feet, but in his family of 10 boys and 3 girls, 5 of his brothers were in the military in WWII, not sure if they were all in at the same time.

Col. Flashman, being a history teacher I heard that history of the signers lives before. It really is sobering and tells us how much they put on the line. I am currently teaching summer school and teaching US History I, which I usually do not teach. I will use that on Monday!

Happy Independence Day. There is a local car show on Sunday, but I won;t enter, I do not have time to clean my truck up plus I haven't gotten the hood and fender repaired from the eggs yet.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:40 PM
AK Fifty-Three
Senior User
AK Fifty-Three is starting off with a positive reputation.
Happy Independence Day, everyone!

I had to work today, but I'm thankful to have a good job. The best part was I drove the '53 to/from work. A beautiful sunny 85 degrees up here today -- windows down, cowl vent open -- living the dream.

God bless America!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Don't apologize...

Originally Posted by havi View Post
Hearing on the news about illegal immigrants demanding rights seems odd after what previous generations have done. I don't understand what's so difficult about attaining legal citizenship. Sorry for the short rant.

Hey Scott,
You don't need to be sorry for what you wrote. If that's a rant I say more people should rant everyday.

In reading these two 4th related threads I couldn't help but notice more than a few spent their day at home. I did too and it wasn't because the gas prices were high. We did go out to eat but then came right back home. I spent my day installing more 50 amp welding recepticles in the garage for welders. Sometimes the best freedoms are just being able to spend the day doing what you want.

Later Man...

Old 07-04-2008, 11:27 PM
OldgreenF1
Elder User
OldgreenF1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
We had a cookout and my brother and sister and their family came down. We set off three bags of fireworks and had a big bonfire. Two other neighbors did the same. Fireworks are illegal here and so is open fires. We all do it so the law looks the other way unless you get to wild and crazy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.