Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

I Need 'EYES in the Ground' - Please ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I Need 'EYES in the Ground' - Please ...

Calling-on any of you-all anywhere along the roads from-and-between the Fort Hood (Killeen TX) area and Cape Coral FL. (which I believe would be primarily along I-10 [East] and I-75 [South]).

My daughter and two young grand-daughters are making this trip beginning this afternoon (Thur. 31JUL08), and we expect (hope) that it will conclude safely, Saturday 02AUG08). They will be traveling in a 2003 "Goldish/Tan" Ford Expedition with TX plates

Her husband (my son-in-law) shipped to the front-lines in Afghanistan two-weeks ago from Hood , and she is headed to spend six months with her moms family in Florida.

She will most likely be fine - she's a tough, trained, and strong-willed young lady (and IS certified "proficient" with ALL of her weapons). One of my main concerns however is that I could never seem to teach her "the difference between a tire and a wheel" - much less what to physically do with either one of them if they were to incur damage. What I'm saying is: "she has virtually ZERO mechanical aptitude" - and again, has young kids to keep her ears & eyes on.

As I have just had (within the last week) halves of three vertebrae surgically removed from my neck here in Virginia, I am not physically available to help them with this. What may be worse - this surgery was performed without any insurance - I am virtually in bills "up-to-my-neck" (pun intended, though nonetheless True) and would be of very little help if she would happen to have any mechanical trouble.

I "believe" the vehicle is in "decent/fair" condition (they bought it "used" about six months ago) but I have never laid eyes on it - much less been able to look it over. She is having a "Trip Check" (oil change/fluid check and tires inspection) as I type - but again, have no idea of the level of "QUALITY" she will receive at the shop for this service/inspection.

If any of you guys or gals happen to be along this path for the next three days, I am appealing to your humanity, and asking you to please keep eyes peeled for this vehicle. This is my 22 year-old baby, and two grand-babies. If there were to be trouble, I would be forever indebted to anyone who might be able to lend a helping-hand.

I thank you for any consideration, and in advance,
Glenn R. Conner

Locust Grove, VA

Ads by Google
Ford F-150: Official Site
Get Photos, Specs & More on the Ford F-150 pickup truck.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
If we can help in any way let us know. I would hope some one would help my wife and children in an emergency.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:54 AM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
Originally Posted by rbloodhound
If we can help in any way let us know. I would hope some one would help my wife and children in an emergency.
Thank you sir - you are a True gentleman - and now a True friend of mine.

Best,
glenn

Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM
walrus
Senior User
That is a long drive!... I'll keep my eyes open on the 35 miles of I-10 East I drive every day.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
Originally Posted by walrus
That is a long drive!... I'll keep my eyes open on the 35 miles of I-10 East I drive every day.
Thank you "W-Man" - thank you very much!

She did have a little trouble today, so they'll be staying in Houston tonight - but should be barreling through LA tomorrow (Friday, 01AUG08) ...

Thanks again,
glenn ...

Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
rangergurl04
Senior User
if she needs anything post up and i'm off today so me and my boyfriend could help if she needs it.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
Originally Posted by rangergurl04
if she needs anything post up and i'm off today so me and my boyfriend could help if she needs it.
Thank you ma'am - ya'll are good people to offer!

~*UPDATE*~
I reckon she is right about now somewhere between Baton Rouge and the Mississippi line, and of course, my youngest daughter bein' who she is, has some "issues" (need's four tire's according to a fella' named "Frank" in Lafayette ...? hmm? ... now, I don't doubt for a minute that she may "need" tires - and could well be that she "need's four", but not the $900+ variety that he "offered" her ... not to a 22 year-old Army wife, with two kids under age 5, whose husband is on the front-lines in Afghanistan. Hell, the Army don't pay `em nothin' to begin with for the sacrifice, and I guarantee ya when I sold tires just a few years ago, I could've done the job for little more than half that figure ($500-to-$550 TOPS!) and that was just outside of Washington DC where stuff ain't cheap - at all!)

Thank you all again! I'll update as I am able to ...
glenn ...

Old 08-02-2008, 04:28 PM
TOUGHLover
Elder User
They're There!!!! Thank You All Again Very Much - from the bottom of my hard-old, hard-heart!!!