Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Central Tennessee Adventure

Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Last Chance 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Central Tennessee Adventure

Well, I made the Goodguys show Sat and had a decent time and even acted like somebody. We decided to go up on Friday evening and decided to go to the cruise @ Murfesboro and it was great. Got to see Tacson and finally see his truck up close. Looks great Don, I love that look and it tracks really well going down the road. Also thanks for help and calling in on Sat and checking in with me.

As for Sat at Goodguys, I would say there were about 15-20 48-56 F1/f100s there and just about all of them I think I seen at the Nats. I enjoyed the open show and got to see all types of street rods, trucks, and muscle cars. As for the format of the show it just rubs me the wrong way. Goodguys has these Pro-picks, Homebuilt, and other wierd ways to compete for whatever they give away and I was told that the judges never have repeat winners. I personally don't care cause I judged my truck when it got there and back, so I think I won the best in show. What does bother me is that after you spend 70 bucks to enter (You do get a nice monthly newsletter), Daddy here likes a chance to win a set of screwdrivers or a hell a bottle of windex would be nice. Most of the door prizes (96%) are gift certificates to vendors on items that are usually a grand or more. You just win a discount. Daddy likes some cash in hand or some crappy turtle wax thing not a $500 gift certificate on a 32 ford grille insert that I need to spend another $1000 on to get for something I am not building. Well other than that, the show was still fun. The autocross thing was cool, vendors everywhere, food was reasonable and good, and I did not **** off any Goodguy officals this weekend. I will probably hit a local show for some decent charity around my hometown next year. Also a rumor the attendance was down from 2200 in 07 to about 1400 this year.

1400 x 70 = 98000 uh thats alot.
I honestly have more fun at the cruise-in though. More driven cars and hard working people.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 AM
ssj7kids
Elder User
ssj7kids is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ssj7kids is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Rodney,
Saw your truck on Saturday.. got a couple pix as well... Sweet truck. What time were you in Murfreesboro on Friday night? Didn't see you there, but we were there early.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:00 AM
tacson
Posting Guru
tacson has a great reputation on FTE.tacson has a great reputation on FTE.tacson has a great reputation on FTE.tacson has a great reputation on FTE.tacson has a great reputation on FTE.
Rodney,

No problem and it was good seeing you again. Man I was geeked as we rode down the road side by side. You got a killer truck. Looks like I wont make you all's show in August. My co-worker has that weekend. I may still register since it is for a charity and if there is a goody bag or something I can get it from when I come thru that way on my to Selma.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:20 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
I sorry to hear that Don. I 'll hook up you since you can't make it. If you prenter we have a packet for you and the tickets for the drawings. Maybe you can get one of the boys to pick your stuff up. I will talk to you soon.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Originally Posted by ssj7kids View Post
Rodney,
Saw your truck on Saturday.. got a couple pix as well... Sweet truck. What time were you in Murfreesboro on Friday night? Didn't see you there, but we were there early.
We did not get there until late about eight on friday and everyone was just about ready to leave, we hung around for a hour and half. Thanks for the comments about my truck.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 AM
xfordman
Elder User
xfordman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting to hear about the lower attendance because of gas prices. We are going to GG in Des Moines this weekend. Do you still have the yearbook that came in the goodie bag? Someone said my truck is on page 82, but I haven't seen it yet......Rod

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Rodney--yea I was waiting to hear some horror story on your trip--haha!! sounds like you got that 56 fine tuned to the max!! Bill

Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Originally Posted by xfordman View Post
Interesting to hear about the lower attendance because of gas prices. We are going to GG in Des Moines this weekend. Do you still have the yearbook that came in the goodie bag? Someone said my truck is on page 82, but I haven't seen it yet......Rod
Yep there is a B/Blue 53 right there with white walls and cragars. That sure is a nice truck. The yearbook is nice and recieved mine after I pre-entered last month. I also figured the gas prices have bought the attendance down at the big shows. The local shows around here have actually been up, maybe the little people / charities can benefit more from it.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
LiftTech
Senior User
LiftTech is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like fun. I didn't make it by the show, but maybe next year.

I'd forgotten all about the Murfreesboro cruise in since I lived there a few years ago. May head down that way soon...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.