1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My truck got hit!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear about truck, dang kids! i've had state farm fr 18 years on my 42 with no mileage restrictions, use it every day. they're good that way. by the way- i called three fingers louis, said he would be happy to teach kids a lesson.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As difficult as it may be, if you want to catch the culprits who did this and make them pay. Leave the truck out again (before you get it fixed of course) set up a video camera and lay in wait to catch them on tape. If you take that to the parents first (if they are decent parents) little Johnny and his fiend crew may be raked over the coals by their parents for years to come and learn a valuable life lesson. If that doesn't get the result you want in response from the parents, then take it to the cops and press charges. Either way these kids won't learn with out some consequences. Just kicked one of my boys out of the house so he could learn some consequences as he didn't want to listen to my advise. Kids now a days are so self righteous. But that is what our society has taught them, it's really not all their fault.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:13 PM
fatfords
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abe,
Glad the damage wasn't any worse. I was scared to read this also, but it sounds like you and your insurance have it under control.
I also use State Farm for my home and vehicles. I few years back when mine was on the road, it cost $72 a year for full coverage. When I was rear-ended, they came out to the house and did an estimate just in case the other guy's insurance wouldn't cover it. They gave great service and good advice through the whole ordeal.

Good Luck!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:26 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,778 Likes on 1,819 Posts
Like the others, my heart sank when I read the title to this thread. I pictured the worst and pictured your gorgeous truck all smashed up. I'm very glad thats not the case.

A short while back I got nailed with paintballs. My daily drivers were each hit about a half dozen times. I saw it first thing in the morning, the paint wasn't even dry yet and was able to wash it off without any ill effects. I have teenage kids so I'm sure it was some for of retaliation from some kid they teed off somewhere

Good luck with the repairs
Bobby

Search this Thread